Lamborghini Diablo tyres making a choice

Hdosanjh

Hi all buying tyres for my Diablo getting a great deal on Toyo R888 GG MEDIUM COMPOUND TYRES 

2 X 335/30/R18 REARS AND 2 X 255/35/R18 FRONT.

THE R888 IS A ROAD LEGAL HIGH PERFORMANCE TYRE ALSO USED FOR TRACKDAYS AND RACING. 

Ive been told as they are used for racing will get hot and cause flat spots? Can this be avoided I’m only going to use for general driving. Are they suitable for this?

Any advise or experience appreciated.

I have R888's on my Gallardo and haven't had any hot or flat spots.

They did increase the amount of road noise in the cabin but otherwise no complaints.

I run the R888r on my LP640. Great tire for the money and bumping the front tire up to 255 really transforms the handling characteristics. 

If you're AWD, you will need to convert to 2WD to run these tires. 

Hi thanks for the replies, down want to turn to 2wd. How about running the R888 on the rear and a different brand on the front?

i can’t get the 235 for the front but was getting a great deal on them. So R888 on front different on front. Won’t be using car on the track general road usage.

Thanks 

• 4 months later...

Hi guys it currently has 235/35/18 on the front is it on changing to 235/40/18 on the front? It raises the car by about 23mm

I've been using Michelin Pilort Sports on both my Diablos since '06,  50,00 miles combined (I drive and enjoy my cars, but never tracked)  Will never use anything other than Pilot Sports, good grip, good ride, good life.IMG_4885.thumb.JPG.da0080af10cfb903fe0bad6db8f9e2a4.JPG