Urus v Bentley!

jhbchess

Does anyone have some first hand experience on the Urus vs the Bentley Bentayaga?  

I’m looking at those, Land Rover, etc and was just wondering if anybody had some good first hand opinion. Not worried on the price, want something I can keep for 6+ years and feel good as a DD. 

Thanks!!

I’ve driven both and would take a Bentayga over Urus for every day (not the diesel though, feels it missing something although good for a diesel) much nicer place to sit and a more relaxed drive style with a lot of grunt if you need. 

Which you prefer will be personal, I wouldn’t want a Urus as a daily car, feels cheap inside, lower driving position and worse visibility but it handles better but that’s not really that much of a consideration for me unless you use it as a sports car. 

More interestingly  they will be in a depreciation race, pretty much nothing will lose money quicker than a new one of these, so go in with eyes open. 

Land Rover is worse in every way except standard tech on a good model and price, they are a great compromise for the money by comparison. Probably no better daily car really for the amount they are. I started to get annoyed with the amount of money I was burning on expensive daily cars such as Bentleys as I’d just don’t get the joy out of them I do from sportscrars, they are lovely and if you are on an unlimited budget great but otherwise I would get something a bit cheaper and save the really good stuff as sports cars that will,make you feel,and drive special, but that’s me. Think I might be getting old an sensible though!

Just to add Bentayga, is very spec specific, needs styling kit, black pack and sports exhaust or it will feel and look a bit ordinary imo. The factory sport exhaust really makes the car feel and sound a lot more special, akrapovic is now the supplier for Bentley factory exhausts. 

Urus there is a load more versions coming out so I would only buy used. Unless you wait for the next version which won’t be that long.