Removing Factory Exhaust Heat Shield

GQ IMAGE

So, added a Factory Gallardo Race Exhaust, on my 2013 Gallardo Final Edition.  I really want to remove the silver exhaust heat shield around the exhaust.  The Race Exhaust is about have the size, and allot lighter.  The factory  heat shield hides the the shinny race exhaust.  Has anyone changed their exhaust and removed the heat shield?  I just want to make sure that I don't melt anything. 

Please Advise......Thanks.

GQ

50 minutes ago, GQ IMAGE said:

So, added a Factory Gallardo Race Exhaust, on my 2013 Gallardo Final Edition.  I really want to remove the silver exhaust heat shield around the exhaust.  The Race Exhaust is about have the size, and allot lighter.  The factory  heat shield hides the the shinny race exhaust.  Has anyone changed their exhaust and removed the heat shield?  I just want to make sure that I don't melt anything. 

Please Advise......Thanks.

GQ

I put a titianium exhaust in my 2006 Gallardo and removed the heat sheilds. Never had a problem in 15,000 miles. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3 lambo techs have told me you'll get more heatsoak without the shield, which translates to less power when the engine is hot. Hotter air into the airbox, = less HP.