Lamborghini recently interviewed Nicki Shields (Full disclosure, I had to google who this was). She is a Formula E pitlane reporter and social media analytics company founder. Anywho, she provided some insight on the new Urus from the fairer sex's perspective. She took it off-road and played in the muddy puddles a bit. Granted, it's nothing extreme, and to be honest, this is a pretty weak attempt at a woman's perspective on the vehicle. But it's something, maybe some of the ladies on the board can provide some more insight. I'd love to see EyeDoc or Cake get their hands on a Urus for a real review from a capable woman. 

Anyways, the video doesn't embed, but it's a short 2:00 minutes at the link if you are interested.

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/news/nicki-shields-talks-urus-a-female-perspective?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=LB_25_2018_12_28

1_Nicki-Shields.jpg

3_Nicki-Shields.jpg

4_Nicki-Shields.jpg

So Nikki is actually quite cool, one of media friends knows of her.  She seems by all accounts to be a good sort, her youtube videos of McLaren reviews with the exceptional Baron Van Grumble are good fun.   

Is the Urus a female car?  I would not pigeon hole in that way but it has big enough engine to produce sports car performance with a bench of seats behind the driver.  It means some families will look at it, think, the Urus turning up at the School gates and other mom's are in some rot box SUV it will stand out, it does stand out. 

Is it a female car?  It it is certainly a Lambo that more females will drive them but I would not say it is a female car. 

I can see Lambo playing the off road card and explore the rugged look and capabilities card especially as the product evolves. 

4 hours ago, capt_chaos said:

So Nikki is actually quite cool, one of media friends knows of her.  She seems by all accounts to be a good sort, her youtube videos of McLaren reviews with the exceptional Baron Van Grumble are good fun.   

Is the Urus a female car?  I would not pigeon hole in that way but it has big enough engine to produce sports car performance with a bench of seats behind the driver.  It means some families will look at it, think, the Urus turning up at the School gates and other mom's are in some rot box SUV it will stand out, it does stand out. 

Is it a female car?  It it is certainly a Lambo that more females will drive them but I would not say it is a female car. 

I can see Lambo playing the off road card and explore the rugged look and capabilities card especially as the product evolves. 

I should have clarified, I don't think she herself was incapable. She seemed quite knowledgeable. It was a weak attempt by corporate. There was a far deeper level they could have dove into, and to be honest I felt let down by it because I was piqued to hear a more thorough analysis.

Thank you Destructo!  I’d be happy to take someone’s Urus for a spin!  Any volunteers from the audience?

The video doesn’t go into any depth but it’s well done. I’m surprised by how low the vehicle is. Not a very tall SUV at all. Or is she an extremely tall lady? 

I haven’t seen one in person yet so I’ll reserve judgement until I get up close and personal. 

As far as off-road capability I’m sure it’s as good as any SUV that has an off road mode. I had the pleasure of some serious off roading in a Cayenne and was ASTOUNDED at what it could do. I ascended a very muddy hill so steep I thought we’d fall backward and land on the roof.  The wheels spun a lot but the coach said to stay on it and I did and we made it to the top. 

Until that experience I had no clue of the off road capabilities of a well built SUV. The only “mod “ was to reduce tire pressure to increase tire footprint. 

Thanks for sharing the video. Looking forward to hearing impressions as people get some seat time.