-- New Classifieds Policy - Board Announcement --

Destructo

It's a New Year, and with that comes new changes.

The biggest changes you'll probably notice is that general membership are no longer permits posting in the classified sections. Whoa...WTF, right?

After extensive discussion with Alex, we are moving forward with classifieds being reserved for VIP members and paying sponsors. Initially, I was resistant, but after talking about it, it made more sense and I fully support it.

With the redoing and continuing work on the board (things are still coming, thankfully) there are some costs. But with that, we looked at ways that would help offset some of those costs.

What previously happened with classifieds, we would see someone make a new account, no idea who they were, not invested in the community and post up a $7,000 used exhaust, or whatever. There was no accountability or verification on them as a member or seller.  

With that, if a buyer came along, we've facilitated that deal without any gratuity for creating an environment and community of people of more than 14 years. Anyone can still view, but only the sellers can post.  

So we are now making a concerted effort to provide exclusive access and availability to our members and sponsors. If you as a member want to post in the classifieds, you'll have to become a VIP member. VIP membership prices are $50 USD annually. We'll be working with our sponsors to provide exclusive offers and incentives to be a VIP. 

Likewise, for business, if you are wanting to post in classifieds we have sponsorship available and you'll have access to business-only classifieds. 

Will it be a resounding success or a horrible failure? Not sure, but we're going to give it a whirl. We are rolling things out as we go and with all the changes going on, it can be a bit hectic. So your patience and continued support and constructive critiques are always appreciated.

If you have questions, want to sponsor or become a VIP. Post in here and I'll help you out.

Thanks again and may 2019 be a great year for the board and all the members.

What are the membership costs? Might be good to add that as a reminder here.  I was wondering why I couldn't post in any of the ads

On 1/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, Chipster said:

What are the membership costs? Might be good to add that as a reminder here.  I was wondering why I couldn't post in any of the ads

Annual VIP Membership price is $50. We're working on having different benefits and products at different price points, but this is the easiest and quickest one for the time being.

Sorry for the delayed response Chipster!

Is it just me, or can general members not even see the classifieds?  From the read above, it sounded like I should be able to see but not post.

3 hours ago, Ag02M5 said:

Is it just me, or can general members not even see the classifieds?  From the read above, it sounded like I should be able to see but not post.

Should be able to view. Let me take a look, a setting might have gotten tripped. I wouldn't put it past me at 4am doing something stupid :lol2:

5 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Should be able to view. Let me take a look, a setting might have gotten tripped. I wouldn't put it past me at 4am doing something stupid :lol2:

I see it.  Maybe I just didn't scroll far enough.  I saw the vendor classified and assumed it would be in that area.  Thx.

1 minute ago, Ag02M5 said:

I see it.  Maybe I just didn't scroll far enough.  I saw the vendor classified and assumed it would be in that area.  Thx.

No problem. It was a good reminder to go through and double check. Still working through some kinks, all the fun stuff. Appreciate the patience and questions on it though. Thank you!