Check out the New Road and Track

NetViper

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has some 0-150 times for Diablos???

go back one page and scrole down a little. the incredible aerodynamics of the diablo allows it to go to 150 in 18.5 seconds!(original diablo with 492 hp) :) but from there the acceleration decreases dramatically because of the tall final gear.

Who has some 0-150 times for Diablos???

go back one page and scrole down a little. the incredible aerodynamics of the diablo allows it to go to 150 in 18.5 seconds!(original diablo with 492 hp) :) but from there the acceleration decreases dramatically because of the tall final gear.

What about the SV, 6.0 and SE. 18.5 sounds pretty damn fast for an original diablo??

so the 6.0 VT is slower than the murcielago? :( damnit!

What did I say?

"progressively slower".

Thus, the 6.0 VT = slightly faster than a Murcie, but likely by less than a second, so who cares.

You never see owners sweating these times. Because they get in and drive the car and it hauls ass. End of story.

so the 6.0 VT is slower than the murcielago? :( damnit!

What did I say?

"progressively slower".

Thus, the 6.0 VT = slightly faster than a Murcie, but likely by less than a second, so who cares.

You never see owners sweating these times. Because they get in and drive the car and it hauls ass. End of story.

oh! but you said "opposite" do I though..................... nevermind :lol:

Why are diablos so damn heavy anyway?

Diablo is not that heavy. My 92 on 4 pt scales, with fuel just over 3500pds.

Here are some more:

Performance Statistics: 0-150 mph

1994 McLaren F1 12.96 s

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR 14.09 s

1995 Lamborghini Diablo SE 5.7 18.46 s

2004 Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG 27.30 s

2002 Porsche 911 Targa 32.48 s

2001 BMW M3 35.10 s

1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo 36.63 s

2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 37.95 s

1995 Acura NSX 41.05 s

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan AccessECU2 17" 42.56 s

2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 43.24 s

1993 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 44.00 s

1968 Chevrolet POS L88 45.73 s

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 46.80 s

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti (USA) 50.05 s

1996 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) 51.97 s

2003 Nissan 350Z Track 53.08 s

2003 Porsche Boxster S 53.48 s

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 54.30 s

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 54.42 s

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (USA) 54.87 s

2004 Mazda RX-8 63.19 s

2003 Infiniti M45 67.57 s

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 73.02 s

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII (Jap) 74.99 s

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan AccessECU1 82.34 s

1994 Subaru SVX LS 131.83 s

2002 Acura RSX Type-R (Jap) 184.57 s

oh Mako, one more 0-150 time: F430 23.8 sec

There are a bunch of times I need to add, but I don't offically add them until I get multiple test results. Right now on cars like the F430 I only have one, so until a second magazine or second test occurs, I keep them on hold.

I do that because conditions can adversely affect the results, as they clearly did in the R/T article in this thread, and I don't want to mix it all up. Better for me just to wait until testing in 72-degree weather can take place.

As an example, both the DB9, and F430 times in that Car and Driver article, seem to be two seconds off to 150mph versus previous results. That testing took place at Willow Springs out here in So Cal, during 95+ degree heat. The Ford GT, SL65, and 911 Tubro all posted times that seem accurate, maybe due to their forced injection systems being more resistant to environmental variances than the naturally aspirated DB9 and F430.

Who knows. But I try to keep the list unbiased and accurate, so I usually wait for more results to validate each of them.

Here are some more:

Those look ok but I need sources. If they're G-Tech Pro log results, they're thrown out.

On a Turbo Charged car, you can help those 0-150 times by installing SSBOV's.  This will prevent you from any backflow, thus loss of power, on the up-shifts... hence a much healther, smoother (provided proper shifting technique) and QUICKER ETA to the Goal!

On a Non-Turbo/Superchared car... Install a Turbo or Supercharger   :supz:

?????? A BOV add's no, zero, zip, nada performance. all it does it is improve the life of your turbo! (and make a cool noise). A BOV vents trapped pressurized air, when u let of the throttle your throttle body blade closes, but ur turbo is still spooling (thus making boost). this build up between the turbo and the tb is bad for the turbo, causing massive amounts of pressure. A bov releases this pressure.

So explain to me how a bov will help your performance?

Here is how- when the throttle blades are closed the pressure has to exhaust ... when there are no bov's the pressure is exchasted through the turbo, hence slowing it down dramatically and it will have to respool when the throttle blades reopen. With a bov the turbo impeller is able to keep its momentum and return to full boost sooner. That being said unless your are running extremely high boost or drag racing for a living they are probably not necessary.

LPE TT650

Don`t know how much a mp/h is cause i count in km/h :P

but what does the Lamborghini miura Jota in time?

Here are some more:

Performance Statistics: 0-150 mph

1994 McLaren F1  12.96 s

1998 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR  14.09 s

1995 Lamborghini Diablo SE 5.7 18.46 s

:supz: take that Ford GT! :mrgreen:

I think there are some uninformed people on these forums...

"That testing took place at Willow Springs out here in So Cal, during 95+ degree heat. The Ford GT, SL65, and 911 Tubro all posted times that seem accurate, maybe due to their forced injection systems being more resistant to environmental variances than the naturally aspirated DB9 and F430. "

It's pretty common knowledge that cars with forced INDUCTION suffer from much more of a performance hit then N/A cars due to heat... N/A cars suffer more at altitude where cars with FI retain more of their power.

"That being said unless your are running extremely high boost or drag racing for a living they are probably not necessary."

BOV's or BPV's are installed on any FI car I can think of from the factory no matter how low the boost is... If the turbo continues to spool while the throttle body is closed a HUGE amount of boost will build up between the turbo and tb and you will be blowing off hoses frequently and shortening the life of your turbo dramatically.

I got a really good laugh over the post about picking up time by installing a BOV too..

That being said, that s7tt is beyond bad ass! I can't wait to see what the intercooled version that will be making 1000hp will be running the mile at... 220mph???

Hmmm, you can "have a good laugh" on the ban list for the rest of the month Stevie, because you don't know how to play nice with just five posts. :)

Come back and show us your new and improved attitude on September 1st.

PS - There's no reason to list those incredible cars in your "sig". No one cares bro, just a tip. :mrgreen:

Sorry if that came off as having a bad attitude. I hang out here because I am passionate about cars and there are some very sick rides on these forums that I enjoy looking at, but I dont post often at all. Regardless, some statements thate were made were wrong, plain and simple. I am sorry if the posts came off as being a poor sport, I thought forums were a place open to debate and discussion. Sorry about the sig deal, I am a member at many other forums where listing your cars, past and present, is common practice, I know my cars are nothing special, but at the age of 21 I am proud of what I have owned. Give me 10 more years and I'm sure it will be more impressive :supz:

I think there are some uninformed people on these forums...

"That testing took place at Willow Springs out here in So Cal, during 95+ degree heat. The Ford GT, SL65, and 911 Tubro all posted times that seem accurate, maybe due to their forced injection systems being more resistant to environmental variances than the naturally aspirated DB9 and F430. "

It's pretty common knowledge that cars with forced INDUCTION suffer from much more of a performance hit then N/A cars due to heat... N/A cars suffer more at altitude where cars with FI retain more of their power.

"That being said unless your are running extremely high boost or drag racing for a living they are probably not necessary."

BOV's or BPV's are installed on any FI car I can think of from the factory no matter how low the boost is... If the turbo continues to spool while the throttle body is closed a HUGE amount of boost will build up between the turbo and tb and you will be blowing off hoses frequently and shortening the life of your turbo dramatically.

I got a really good laugh over the post about picking up time by installing a BOV too..

That being said, that s7tt is beyond bad ass! I can't wait to see what the intercooled version that will be making 1000hp will be running the mile at... 220mph???

This is just completely false..... I own a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo and there are no BOV'S or bypass valves, period!

Sorry if that came off as having a bad attitude. I hang out here because I am passionate about cars and there are some very sick rides on these forums that I enjoy looking at, but I dont post often at all. Regardless, some statements thate were made were wrong, plain and simple. I am sorry if the posts came off as being a poor sport, I thought forums were a place open to debate and discussion. Sorry about the sig deal, I am a member at many other forums where listing your cars, past and present, is common practice, I know my cars are nothing special, but at the age of 21 I am proud of what I have owned. Give me 10 more years and I'm sure it will be more impressive :supz:

No problem, just watch your tone, and remember who you're speaking with. There are many actual Lambo owners here, and they don't like being told by some 21 year old import driver that they don't know what they're talking about.

This isn't Supercars.net, we don't let kiddies run around flinging shit at each other about cars they've never driven or owned.

And owning an STi at 21 is great, when I was 21 I think the fastest sedan on the market was something like a Galant GSR, lol. My how things have changed...

"This is just completely false..... I own a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo and there are no BOV'S or bypass valves, period!"

Wow, this is pretty surprising to me (I looked at pictures of the motor and it definately does not have either). Not only is this the first case that I have heard of an FI car running without one, but it is even more surprising to see the lack of a way to vent the charge pipes in such an extreme application. I guess the boys over at Lingenfelter know what they're doing though... Have you ever considered adding them your self? It seems like it would be a cheap upgrade that would add a little longevity to your turbos (assuming it wouldn't foul up your tuning)

Mako, once again, sorry about the attitude. I have nothing but respect for Lambo owners (at least the ones that drive them the way they're meant to be driven and not solely for the bling factor) and I think they are some of the most bad ass machines on the road . I feel I have a pretty decent idea of what I'm talking about with motors. I did all of the work on my Audi myself (turbo upgrade, fuel system, exhaust, etc...), but the geniuses at PES that tuned it managed to blow up my motor along with about 10 others that were running the same kit. I'm not claiming I know everything, I know motors go waaay beyond those bolt ons, but I am pretty familiar with the basic stuff. Owning an Sti and being able to track it from time to time at 21 has been awesome and I consider myself very lucky to be able to do so. Cheap cars have come a long way in terms of performance in the last few years, just imagine what will be available for ~$30K 20 years down the road... assuming we can still afford gas.

Anyhow, back on the topic... Any other cars you would have like to see run in the mile shootout? I would love to see how one of Heffner's TT vipers stood up against Hennessy as I think he is putting down higher numbers now and after reading some stories about Hennessy I can't say I'm a huge fan of his. I would have also like to see some more cheap cars modified to the extreme than the Audi TT to see how they stack up against the big boys. I think a built GN would have been cool to demonstrate how all the HP in the world won't help when you have the aerodynamics of a brick. An sc or tt diablo/murci would have been nice too, I think a properly built one would be right up there with the TT viper if not faster, but they are few and far between.

"My Esprit, also has no blow off valves stock from the factory."

Well, this is news to me... I just can't see why such a simple part that is proven to increase performance and reliability would ever be overlooked on cars where so much else has done for performance. Maybe I'll go plug mine up and see how my car runs :oops:

"This is just completely false..... I own a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo and there are no BOV'S or bypass valves, period!"

Wow, this is pretty surprising to me (I looked at pictures of the motor and it definately does not have either).  Not only is this the first case that I have heard of an FI car running without one, but it is even more surprising to see the lack of a way to vent the charge pipes in such an extreme application.  I guess the boys over at Lingenfelter know what they're doing though...  Have you ever considered adding them your self? It seems like it would be a cheap upgrade that would add a little longevity to your turbos (assuming it wouldn't foul up your tuning)

Mako, once again, sorry about the attitude.  I have nothing but respect for Lambo owners (at least the ones that drive them the way they're meant to be driven and not solely for the bling factor) and I think they are some of the most bad ass machines on the road .  I feel I have a pretty decent idea of what I'm talking about with motors.  I did all of the work on my Audi myself (turbo upgrade, fuel system, exhaust, etc...), but the geniuses at PES that tuned it managed to blow up my motor along with about 10 others that were running the same kit.  I'm not claiming I know everything, I know motors go waaay beyond those bolt ons, but I am pretty familiar with the basic stuff.   Owning an Sti and being able to track it from time to time at 21 has been awesome and I consider myself very lucky to be able to do so.  Cheap cars have come a long way in terms of  performance in the last few years, just imagine what will be available for ~$30K 20 years down the road... assuming we can still afford gas.

Anyhow, back on the topic... Any other cars you would have like to see run in the mile shootout?  I would love to see how one of Heffner's TT vipers stood up against Hennessy as I think he is putting down higher numbers now and after reading some stories about Hennessy I can't say I'm a huge fan of his.  I would have also like to see some more cheap cars modified to the extreme than the Audi TT to see how they stack up against the big boys.  I think a built GN would have been cool to demonstrate how all the HP in the world won't help when you have the aerodynamics of a brick.  An sc or tt diablo/murci would have been nice too, I think a properly built one would be right up there with the TT viper if not faster, but they are few and far between.

I ask John Lingenfelter about adding a BOV and his response was that at the relatively low boost levels that most of his cars run the kickback from the exhaust pressure was not a detrement to the turbo's. I have talked to others about the BOV's and they say that in a pure drag race application there would probably be some benefit due to the turbo's having to respool in it's current configuration.

Is the Saleen Intercooled? I don't think it is, but was wondering if someone know's for sure. I also noticed they are running solid lifters in the twin turbo motor... this makes no sense to me. Anyone have an answer for this?

LPE TT650

My Esprit, also has no blow off valves stock from the factory.

Just think add a couple BOV's and you can drop 3 seconds. ;)

Joe