RHD to LHD headlamp conversion

V12noise

46 minutes ago, V12noise said:

Is there any way to change between RHD and LHD beams without buying complete light units, i.e. any way the projectors can be altered? 

I'd be surprised if Lambo made 2 versions of these headlights given the small numbers, so if I had to guess, they made it so the same lights can be modified to work on both sides of the road.

You'd probably get more responses about the needed modifications by posting a more UK-centric site lke Pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=240

If you find out what it takes to modify them, I just posted a DIY on how to safely open the headlights for cleaning.

14 hours ago, Stimpy said:

I'd be surprised if Lambo made 2 versions of these headlights given the small numbers, so if I had to guess, they made it so the same lights can be modified to work on both sides of the road.

You'd probably get more responses about the needed modifications by posting a more UK-centric site lke Pistonheads:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?h=0&f=240

If you find out what it takes to modify them, I just posted a DIY on how to safely open the headlights for cleaning.

Good job on the headlight cleaning and many thanks for publishing it - on my job list, and when I get in there I'll see what the projectors do.

Pistonheads supercar forum is about self-inflated people going on incessantly about the values of their cars, so  I don't hold out much hope for a technical discussion there... 

The projectors can be aimed for the correct orientation 

though you should have it done at a shop with the correct beam alignment tool as adjusting your own headlamps is actually a no no in the eyes of the DOT

and people tend to favour thier own viewpoint of illumination than the drivers receiving it in the on coming lane usually blinding them in the process with maladjusted headlamps.....

For the low beam, the pattern needs to be asymmetrical, i.e. that there is portion of the beam blanked off, so that the oncoming cars  dont have the light shone at them. If you adjust the aiming, the whole pattern is shifted.  

However on cars like the Ferrari 360, there is a lever to choose between LHD and RHD settings on the projector.  I was hoping the Lambo had something similar...

7 hours ago, V12noise said:

For the low beam, the pattern needs to be asymmetrical, i.e. that there is portion of the beam blanked off, so that the oncoming cars  dont have the light shone at them. If you adjust the aiming, the whole pattern is shifted.  

However on cars like the Ferrari 360, there is a lever to choose between LHD and RHD settings on the projector.  I was hoping the Lambo had something similar...

To see what can be adjusted on the headlights, turn the steering wheel so the wheel turned into the car, and then take off the access panel with 3 phillips screws. There's 3 adjustments if I remember correctly. I didn't see anything like a lever.

The high beam is created by an actuator on the main lamp assembly that is also the low beam when not active, it is a controlled flag that’s dropped into and out of the beam blocking or allowing the high beam to radiate

the variable between its position in relation to high and low as a unit, is fixed and cannot be altered, the focus or direction the beam is pointed to on the other hand can be adjusted through the forward panel in the wheel well as pointed out by Stimpy, and is a fairly simple task, but should not be done without the headlamp alignment specs for the very reason I mentioned previously, but it’s your car, you are free to do as you please with it,  just be thoughtful of opposing drivers at night.

Here is what I mean about beam pattern:

HEADLIGHT-PATTERNS.jpg

All I'm saying is I was sceptical that the conversion between LHD and RHD could be done by the up-down and right-left adjustments.