I'm back and with the Diablo SV!

SAMLAMBO

Hello everyone. Apparently all my posts something like 9000 postings have disappeared. Anyway I created a new account and just picked up the only Diablo SV in Singapore. Nothing has ever come close to putting such a big smile on my face every time I drive this car, being a manual I love bleeping the throttle and up or down shifting. Not even my 670SV or Aventador's came close to the satisfaction this Diablo gives me. It feels like a proper proper Italian muscle car and of course it is a thoroughbred Italian exotic. I gather only some 100pcs were made from which a very few like mine in right hand drive. She's a clean car with just 12000 miles and today I inspected the undercarriage and to my surprise no rust at all on any of the frames. I was always under the impression these steel frames will succumb to some rust at some point.

Also which exhaust system would you'll recommend? I'm not looking for those high pithed sounds, I still like it to have the grunt like what the stock car sounds. Also I can hear some creaking sounds when I'm driving, is this expected? 

On a side note, I read that the last Diablo SV that rolled out of the factory was from UK and built in 1999, but mines built in 2000 and how do I check if mine is the last Diablo to have rolled out of the factory? I was told by the previous owner mine is. 

The photos below is what I had taken many years ago when I owned a Murcielago. I stumbled upon them recently and here you go with the acceptation of one with my plates on which I took upon delivery last week.

Diablo1.jpg

Diablo2.jpg

Diablo3.jpg

Diablo4.jpg

Diablo5.jpg

Diablo6.jpg

Diablo7.jpg

Congratulations and enjoy!

As for the creaking sounds, it depends on where they are coming from. The interior is full of creaks from the leather and panels. The drivetrain doesn't have much isolation from the frame so you'll feel lots of vibrations and resonances depending on rpm and load. The suspension should be quiet. Perhaps some of the rubber bushings are worn out. The rubber ages regardless of the number of miles on the car.

3 minutes ago, diablo-jota said:

What is the VIN of your car? XLA12438?

Yes correct, how’d you guess?

4 minutes ago, falconsprint said:

Congratulations and enjoy!

As for the creaking sounds, it depends on where they are coming from. The interior is full of creaks from the leather and panels. The drivetrain doesn't have much isolation from the frame so you'll feel lots of vibrations and resonances depending on rpm and load. The suspension should be quiet. Perhaps some of the rubber bushings are worn out. The rubber ages regardless of the number of miles on the car.

Thanks! Yes I can feel the resonances which I love actually, feels really raw which is what it’s all about, the drama. Suspension is quiet but only the cabin interior creaks Iike there are crickets in the car. Not a lot but the sound is there. 

Welcome back, Sam!

Nic sent me a message last night, wasn't sure if he was able to relay the information about your old account. Shoot me a PM if he hasn't yet and we'll get it sorted out.

35 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Welcome back, Sam!

Nic sent me a message last night, wasn't sure if he was able to relay the information about your old account. Shoot me a PM if he hasn't yet and we'll get it sorted out.

Yes I tried the password but still didn’t work , will drop u a pm tomorow 

So can anyone help check for me is mine the last Diablo that rolled out of the factory? I was told it is and this has gotten me really curious. XLA12438.

I would echo Allan's post and say Welcome to the Diablo SV Club!

I can't assist on attesting whether your car is the last D-SV or not; however; there was an article a while back about the last D-SV being up for sale. That car was RHD but it was red and it has a leather/Alcantara mix interior.

Welcome back Samlambo!  I actually remember you posting about this car many years ago.  How is it that this car is able to remain in Singapore, I thought all cars above 10 years age had to be "disposed"?

I would say a Quicksilver exhaust could be what you're after if you're after the deeper type of sound.  Also, how about some spacers for the rear wheels.

Forgot to add: there is one definitive way to find out about whether your SV is the last one or not.  Contact Lamborghini Polo Storico.  You likely have to go through your Lamborghini dealership on that and there will be a charge from Polo Storico and it likely won't be cheap.

Quick Silver or Larini is a good choice for exhaust with straight pipes if you want your car to growl. However, looking at the pics it looks like something has already been done to your exhaust because the tips are different.

Good to know the SV gives more satisfaction than the new cars. No need for me to trade then!

10 hours ago, VCR said:

I would echo Allan's post and say Welcome to the Diablo SV Club!

I can't assist on attesting whether your car is the last D-SV or not; however; there was an article a while back about the last D-SV being up for sale. That car was RHD but it was red and it has a leather/Alcantara mix interior.

Yes thanks but that car was a 1999 built and mines a 2000 built

10 hours ago, E7ITE said:

Welcome back Samlambo!  I actually remember you posting about this car many years ago.  How is it that this car is able to remain in Singapore, I thought all cars above 10 years age had to be "disposed"?

I would say a Quicksilver exhaust could be what you're after if you're after the deeper type of sound.  Also, how about some spacers for the rear wheels.

Not really as long as your willing to pay the certificate of entitlement which is now going at USD22-23k and keep it for another 10 years. Not into spacers especially at high speeds you just never know. I can live with this offset for now.

10 hours ago, VCR said:

Forgot to add: there is one definitive way to find out about whether your SV is the last one or not.  Contact Lamborghini Polo Storico.  You likely have to go through your Lamborghini dealership on that and there will be a charge from Polo Storico and it likely won't be cheap.

Thanks I'll check with my dealer

2 hours ago, IlToro said:

Quick Silver or Larini is a good choice for exhaust with straight pipes if you want your car to growl. However, looking at the pics it looks like something has already been done to your exhaust because the tips are different.

Good to know the SV gives more satisfaction than the new cars. No need for me to trade then!

Yes the previous owner had a custom made exhaust. Im more inclined towards Larini, all my previous Lambos had Larini. Please keep the Diablo, in all honesty the drive is so much more exciting compared to the 670SV I had before.

Congrats on the new Diablo SV! I agree with your comment about the driving experience, you really feel connected when driving a Diablo. They are so raw and powerful with the perfect balance of modern and soul.

Diablo is def more raw and the creaks in the car are par for the course. It's an old italian! haha. Super cool pickup! Beautiful car. Enjoy the beast and drive her often.