Just how special will an SVJ ultimate end up being?

Cadster

I have been trying unsuccessfully trying to secure an SVJ allocation for some time now.  All that changed abruptly when I got a call this afternoon saying that one was suddenly available.  I tying to decide if I want to move forward.  My hesitation is that I love my HP and I have an 812 that will be here in a couple months (which is replacing my F12).  I have both finite garage space and finite resources, so I am trying to be judicious.  For me it comes down to this, just how special long-term will the SVJ end up being?  My plan was to hold onto my HP and 812 forever as I am an “end of era normally aspirated engine” kind of fella.  I was going to rotate a third car, maybe a 720, then a 488 replacement, then an Aventador replacement, and so forth.  Naturally the price walk from the HP is considerable and would mitigate my flexibitly on the third car.  Of course, if the long-term prospects of the SVJ were better, that too would change the scenario.  Ultimately, because I am new to the car game, I am clueless and thus I come to you for your thoughts.

“ 

There's too many of them to see any appreciation IMO. Only guys that will make money on them are the ones who get in and out right at the beginning.

2 hours ago, porter said:

There's too many of them to see any appreciation IMO. Only guys that will make money on them are the ones who get in and out right at the beginning.

I tend to agree, though if they later switch it to 900 total it’ll definitely change the game. I do think you’ll lose a lot less on the specialty models vs standard though - SV and Perf have held fairly strong compared to their standard variants. 

Did your dealer tell tell you when your allocation would be delivered if you decided to move forward?

13 hours ago, porter said:

Forgot to mention, car is built and arrives early next month.  Solid spec, although would not have been my first choice.

10 hours ago, Luxeous said:

I tend to agree, though if they later switch it to 900 total it’ll definitely change the game. I do think you’ll lose a lot less on the specialty models vs standard though - SV and Perf have held fairly strong compared to their standard variants. 

Did your dealer tell tell you when your allocation would be delivered if you decided to move forward?

Yes.  Car is built and arrives in about a week or slightly more.  Nice spec too.

5 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I think the SVJ will do significantly better than your 812.  That i am sure of ..........

No disagreement.  My future 812 lost a couple thousand as a typed this response.  That car for me is a buy and hold.  I just love the car.  Because I am 6’6” that car appeals to me largely because it’s the ONLY supercar that I can even begin to approximate comfort.  That and the 8900 redline on the NA V12 with just under 800hp....

Cadster -Is this one of the exposed carbon body SV J cars or one of the regular colors that is arriving? Give your dealer back the 812 and tell him you want the spider version that should give you some time with the SV J experience that sounds like the perfect 'fit' for you.

On 1/30/2019 at 10:11 PM, Cadster said:

I have been trying unsuccessfully trying to secure an SVJ allocation for some time now.  All that changed abruptly when I got a call this afternoon saying that one was suddenly available.  I tying to decide if I want to move forward.  My hesitation is that I love my HP and I have an 812 that will be here in a couple months (which is replacing my F12).  I have both finite garage space and finite resources, so I am trying to be judicious.  For me it comes down to this, just how special long-term will the SVJ end up being?  My plan was to hold onto my HP and 812 forever as I am an “end of era normally aspirated engine” kind of fella.  I was going to rotate a third car, maybe a 720, then a 488 replacement, then an Aventador replacement, and so forth.  Naturally the price walk from the HP is considerable and would mitigate my flexibitly on the third car.  Of course, if the long-term prospects of the SVJ were better, that too would change the scenario.  Ultimately, because I am new to the car game, I am clueless and thus I come to you for your thoughts.

“ 

You wanted an SVJ - dealer found you one IMO it will be one of the best drivers cars ever produced. 

I am all about NA - picked up a few NA last era track focussed  there are few left to grab. 

Dislike turbo's super chargers and most of all batteries. 

Buy drive and enjoy - fastest way to ruin a hobby is by trying to turn it into a business or worrying about what could be next that's exactly how they sell the next generation cars of course the next will be faster blah blah blah doesn't make it better. 

The amount of production is meaningless Ford GT F40 Carrera GT is living proof as are many others.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:30 PM, Cadster said:

No disagreement.  My future 812 lost a couple thousand as a typed this response.  That car for me is a buy and hold.  I just love the car.  Because I am 6’6” that car appeals to me largely because it’s the ONLY supercar that I can even begin to approximate comfort.  That and the 8900 redline on the NA V12 with just under 800hp....

They are comfortable but front engine F car V12 GT's drop like rocks.

Suggest a used F12 FF or Lusso up to 1/2 of MSRP should be plenty of room and wait for the 812 to drop. 

The next 488 is on it's way the 812 track version is next the 812 will drop just like the F12. 

• 1 month later...

I have one.  Its Black on black.  I spent time (2 years) assembling material and working with artists.  My last AVSV was epic.  this one...the svj  its 100% me.  I am gushing.  for once I believe I will 100% be able to express myself with this car.  This is something for me.  It is so beautiful.  I am so happy.  this is MY favorite … even redesigned the Trinacria for this one.  Concubine throwing a real fun reveal party (holy shyt  that means … a real reveal like I like.  A real reveal … you know.  and I cant wait to show this car off.  I can see it now! its going to be amazing.  and when I open the door...… that's when the magic starts

IMG_2087.jpg

On 4/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, TeamSalamone said:

I have one.  Its Black on black.  I spent time (2 years) assembling material and working with artists.  My last AVSV was epic.  this one...the svj  its 100% me.  I am gushing.  for once I believe I will 100% be able to express myself with this car.  This is something for me.  It is so beautiful.  I am so happy.  this is MY favorite … even redesigned the Trinacria for this one.  Concubine throwing a real fun reveal party (holy shyt  that means … a real reveal like I like.  A real reveal … you know.  and I cant wait to show this car off.  I can see it now! its going to be amazing.  and when I open the door...… that's when the magic starts

IMG_2087.jpg

Congrats, it'll be a show-stopper for sure. Looking forward to the reveal! 

• 10 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 1:15 AM, TeamSalamone said:

IMG_2087.jpg

any photo's/vids of the reveal party?