Geneva Motor Show 2019

Luckydaff

Next month is the annual Geneva International Motor Show. Probably the biggest show for Lamborghini of the whole year. Let us discuss what we think/know Lamborghini will present at the show. I can start:

1: Urus - Nothing new

2: Aventador SVJ Roadster - World Premiere

3: Lamborghini Huracán Evo - Public debut

4: Possibly a surprise of some sort?

What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, sl55 said:

I'm thinking SVJ roadster and Evo spyder at Quail.

I agree.  The SVJ roadster's lifespan will likely go all the way to late 2020 if not early 2021.  It's too early to unveil it which may jeopardize the sale of the AV-S roadster.  If the SV roadster was an indicator, the SVJ roadster will be at this year's Quail.  As they seldom unveil 2 new models simultaneously, the EVO spyder might be in the Fall at another European show.  H-EVO, A-SVJ coupe and Urus would likely be at the Geneva's public stand while a scale model, teasing pics or bits and pieces of the LB48H will be inside the VIP lounge.

15 hours ago, VCR said:

I agree.  The SVJ roadster's lifespan will likely go all the way to late 2020 if not early 2021.  It's too early to unveil it which may jeopardize the sale of the AV-S roadster.  If the SV roadster was an indicator, the SVJ roadster will be at this year's Quail.  As they seldom unveil 2 new models simultaneously, the EVO spyder might be in the Fall at another European show.  H-EVO, A-SVJ coupe and Urus would likely be at the Geneva's public stand while a scale model, teasing pics or bits and pieces of the LB48H will be inside the VIP lounge.

But if this is true, then Lamborghini will have NOTHING new to show at GIMS. I mean the Evo has been out online for a while, it will be the first time shown to the public eye, but still not a fresh car. The Urus is old now. And the SVJ has been out for even longer than the Evo. Lamborghini MUST come up with something unseen that they show at Geneva. The show is too important for them not to show something new. Rumor has it that Ferrari is showing a new, replacement to the 488. Nobody will be at Lambos stand if they "just" show three cars that has been out for months. Last year they had the Perf Spyder that was their special car for the show for example.

Its the age of the internet.   Its practically impossible to surprise people anymore at autoshows.  Everything gets leaked eventually.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:45 AM, Luckydaff said:

1: Urus - Nothing new

Maybe Urus "Performante"? 

2 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

Its the age of the internet.   Its practically impossible to surprise people anymore at autoshows.  Everything gets leaked eventually.

Monterey limited 63 JOTA was a surprise. 

SVJ Roadster and it's limited Carbon Edition would be excellent. 

If LB48 shows it will blow away the competition - it's not if but when this car will be beyond anyones imagination. 

The Daytona win may also show itself with a LE version - who knows but Lambo has a lot to work with. 

There will more than likely be a concept car. 

Fact of the matter is that it is impossible for brands to release a new commercial prospect into the market place every year. 

1 hour ago, capt_chaos said:

There will more than likely be a concept car. 

Fact of the matter is that it is impossible for brands to release a new commercial prospect into the market place every year. 

Ferrari's new GT may have some Lambo competition. 

2 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Ferrari's new GT may have some Lambo competition. 

I am not sure Lamborghini wants to move into that market. I am not sure which new Ferrari GT you are referring to though?

4 hours ago, Luckydaff said:

I am not sure Lamborghini wants to move into that market. I am not sure which new Ferrari GT you are referring to though?

4 seat non shooting brake - add Aston Martin too. 

Seeing more stand alone dealerships it's going to require all the segments and it will help absorb the Bentley costs which is bleeding and Panamera which share the same build.  

Cayenne Bentayga URUS - same concept. 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

4 seat non shooting brake - add Aston Martin too. 

Seeing more stand alone dealerships it's going to require all the segments and it will help absorb the Bentley costs which is bleeding and Panamera which share the same build.  

Cayenne Bentayga URUS - same concept. 

I know there has been talk of a fourth model in the Lamborghini line-up. But I highly doubt we will see something like that at Geneva Motor Show. I believe a car like that is at least a few years away. If even a thing ...

Even if they show the EVO Spyder in Geneva, or the SVJ Roadster ... what's new about that, we all know how these two will look, there is no surprise anymore, just 'official' then ... I really hope they show the LB48H or some concept, I would be rather disappointed otherwise to be honest.

On 2/9/2019 at 5:55 AM, Luckydaff said:

I know there has been talk of a fourth model in the Lamborghini line-up. But I highly doubt we will see something like that at Geneva Motor Show. I believe a car like that is at least a few years away. If even a thing ...

We will see but I don't think SVJ Roadster or LB48 will be at Geneva. 

I'd wager an upgraded Urus of sorts. A performante? Maybe, but maybe a different direction.

The SVJ roadster, I wouldn't be surprised, but it would seem a bit soon for it.

A one-off "behind closed doors" kind of showing I would think is a real possibility. More LB48 business, maybe?

Evo spyder would be more appropriate at L.A.

It'll be interesting to see what they pull out for the show. 

22 minutes ago, Destructo said:

I'd wager an upgraded Urus of sorts. A performante? Maybe, but maybe a different direction.

The SVJ roadster, I wouldn't be surprised, but it would seem a bit soon for it.

A one-off "behind closed doors" kind of showing I would think is a real possibility. More LB48 business, maybe?

Evo spyder would be more appropriate at L.A.

It'll be interesting to see what they pull out for the show. 

A friend of mine spoke to the sales peeps at Lamborghini London the other day. SVJ Roadster is going to be at Geneva they told him. And I don't see why they would lie someone who is getting a SVJ Roadster :)

On 2/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

We will see but I don't think SVJ Roadster or LB48 will be at Geneva. 

One of them will be there.
It's too soon for a performance version of the Urus.
Evo Spyder coming a tad bit later.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, Luckydaff said:

A friend of mine spoke to the sales peeps at Lamborghini London the other day. SVJ Roadster is going to be at Geneva they told him. And I don't see why they would lie someone who is getting a SVJ Roadster :)

Also have SVJ and LB48 was told no and no after receiving an invite. 

Today the Bentley Speed out performed the URUS claiming the fastest SUV - perhaps an upgraded URUS. 

5 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Also have SVJ and LB48 was told no and no after receiving an invite. 

Today the Bentley Speed out performed the URUS claiming the fastest SUV - perhaps an upgraded URUS. 

Pretty sure Urus is still faster in the real world like from 0-60 and etc. As proven in some magazine tests, reaching 189-191 mph ain't an issue for it either.
Claims are claims, 1 mph doesn't makes a big difference, especially when you compare a Bentayga to Urus.