Geneva Motor Show 2019

Luckydaff

7 hours ago, APB said:

Pretty sure Urus is still faster in the real world like from 0-60 and etc. As proven in some magazine tests, reaching 189-191 mph ain't an issue for it either.
Claims are claims, 1 mph doesn't makes a big difference, especially when you compare a Bentayga to Urus. 

URUS is faster but if Bentley wanted or were allowed to make their V8 or V12 faster they certainly could - it's branding and VW has chosen Lambo URUS to get the faster V8. 

Ceramic brakes stiffer suspension faster transmission new exhaust - own a V12 Bentayga it's too soft will upgrade to the Speed for all the other reasons not the 1 mph. Bentley will only offer the V12 in the Speed here on out and added hybrid. 

Point was Porsche and Lamborghini like to one up each other at the Ring followed by a ton of marketing wouldn't be surprised URUS responding to the Bentley Speed. 

9 hours ago, APB said:

Pretty sure Urus is still faster in the real world like from 0-60 and etc. As proven in some magazine tests, reaching 189-191 mph ain't an issue for it either.
Claims are claims, 1 mph doesn't makes a big difference, especially when you compare a Bentayga to Urus. 

The Urus still is faster in the 0-62 etc. But I also doubt the Bentayga Speed really is faster in reality. The Urus is a bit more powerful (15 PS more), but 50 Nm down. However the normal Bentayga is 220 kg heavier than the Urus, and I doubt the Speed is 220 kg (or more) lighter than the normal Bentayga? Also the Urus is a lot slicker thorugh the air I am sure! So I would like to see them go head to head in a top speed run. To me this is just VAG pushing Lamborghini to produce even faster SUV's ...

At 600+ hp 25 more is nothing on cars of that weight. 

Tbh I was hoping for more from the speed, would still take a bentayga over urus though, nicer and better relaxed drive for everyday with the lazy v12 effortless, needs styling pack black pack and sports exhaust and it’s a nice car, just too expensive new. 

If it’s your only sports car though I see the appeal of urus,

Also just see akrapovic have done a deal and are now supplying the factory sports exhausts for urus and previously bentayga, Lambo dealer is spamming trying to sell them. 

1 hour ago, topjay said:

At 600+ hp 25 more is nothing on cars of that weight. 

Tbh I was hoping for more from the speed, would still take a bentayga over urus though, nicer and better relaxed drive for everyday with the lazy v12 effortless, needs styling pack black pack and sports exhaust and it’s a nice car, just too expensive new. 

If it’s your only sports car though I see the appeal of urus,

Also just see akrapovic have done a deal and are now supplying the factory sports exhausts for urus and previously bentayga, Lambo dealer is spamming trying to sell them. 

My V12 listed for 260k got 30k off msrp 

Bentayga V8 low spec 175k msrp add Akrapovic it's a great deal vs the competition. 

Difference is Bentley is losing money on almost every car they are producing - the Bentayga is of higher bespoke quality.  

It's a lot like a Ferrari V12 vs V8 - the V12 line is much more high end than the V8. 

Not really Lamborghini related, but Koenigsegg is showing their Agera successor as you might know at Geneva. And I just got news they will not tease the car until its official debut on the 5th. A bit sad since I love seeing teasers. But other makers are being really slow as well I feel. Nothing from any of the prestige brands to speak of atm? Strange ...

On 2/19/2019 at 1:09 PM, Luckydaff said:

Not really Lamborghini related, but Koenigsegg is showing their Agera successor as you might know at Geneva. And I just got news they will not tease the car until its official debut on the 5th. A bit sad since I love seeing teasers. But other makers are being really slow as well I feel. Nothing from any of the prestige brands to speak of atm? Strange ...

Aston is expected to show 003 in Germany 

51600741_2294751843882359_3324645582953250816_o.jpg

52974058_10161368468555175_1188185952065

Looks like the EVO spyder will be shown at Geneva so I'm thinking the SVJ roadster might be unveiled at Quail.

A little bird told me that the SVJ roadster and the H-EVO spyder will be shown at the Geneva show.  Two open-top new models, that ought to be a first for Lamborghini. 

8 hours ago, VCR said:

A little bird told me that the SVJ roadster and the H-EVO spyder will be shown at the Geneva show.  Two open-top new models, that ought to be a first for Lamborghini. 

I might have spoken to a similar bird. Because I've heard the same thing! Btw I just got word that Lamborghini is revealing the Evo Spyder tomorrow? Maybe online ...? Could someone here check the Lamborghini app for more teasers or info?

From Pagani's instagram page, it looks like they'll be showing off something as well.  BC Roadster perhaps?  Or another Zonda HP Barchetta?

2 hours ago, APB said:

Talk about bait and switch. Only Huracan Evo Spyder at Geneva it seems. 

They have on its press release the mention of a "Bagmotic Special Edition" on March 6th, which isn't Italian for anything that I know of.

533212.jpg

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

They have on its press release the mention of a "Bagmotic Special Edition" on March 6th, which isn't Italian for anything that I know of.

533212.jpg

What I see in this picture is a green EVO Spyder and in front of it, a gold Aventador Roadster. Most likely SVJ Roadster as the rumors have suggested. Do you agree?

49 minutes ago, Luckydaff said:

Shortly after my previous comment I found this. Hold on to your hats gentlemen! This will be CRAZY! 

53556257_2296282653764421_5861005302328983552_o.jpg

I wonder if they will do another version of the Aventador J, but called the Bagmotic Edition, or whatever they are calling it. 

Not sure what the Bagmotic thing is. Sounds random! But this teaser is of the SVJ Roadster at least! Notice how the engine cover is slightly different to the coupé!

On 2/15/2019 at 12:45 AM, APB said:

Two roadsters - assumed there would be a limited 63LE roadster JOTA. 

Guess they realized one could get very close thru AD Personam to the 63LE coupe 

4 hours ago, Destructo said:

Well if they aren't doing a #63 Edition for the Roadster I assume the coupe owners are pleased for the time being. Good news for resale on those.

Supercarsfor.sale was offering an EU slot for a SVJ63 roadster so it might be happening...