Lets Send LamboCARS to Monterey 2019! UPDATE: 100% FUNDED!!!

Destructo

Pretty much in the same situation as blk... But seems like feviper is gonna make this happen... So I'll be donating a little something right away... 

If anyone on here deserves it it's lambocars. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm in a bit of a state of shock. The last couple of days, there has been an incredible push for donations. I've held a couple of phone calls with some people and they wanted to donate to Mark directly, and I am proud to report that the goal of $10,000 USD for Mark's Monterey Trip is 100% FUNDED!

On behalf of Lambo Power, a heartfelt "Thank You!" You guys made it happen for him and I couldn't be more proud of you all. Although you did have me worried for a little bit :lol2:

I know a few of you guys were on the fence about donating, and saying "it's not much" but please,  chip in. Every bit that goes is just a little bit more of an incredible trip for Mark. It may not seem like a lot, but put it all together and it's life-changing. I can't think of another guy that is as deserving of this as he is. 

In light of all that, these are the people who helped bring this all together. 

Donors:

Rhyno

christiann

Porter

VCR

SlideBoy

TopJay

Fortis

TestShoot

SL55

FEViper

Frank 

Brian

And a collection of donors who wished to remain anonymous.

Wow I’m very pleased to find out Mark gets to go on this trip. I have only been once and it was about 15 years ago, it was so amazing back then and I can’t even  fathom what it would be like now. Congrats Mark!! Make some memories and enjoy

you might have noticed I didn't respond a lot in this thread ... that is just because I couldn't find the words to explain how I feel about all of you helping out a complete stranger in real life, as far as I know, I have never met any of you face to face, and still you go out of your way to help me achieve a dream  ... thank you doesn't even come close to what I want to say to all of you, and I mean all of you, from the smallest amount right up to the incredible amount in donations made.

I don't really like to talk about our family health issues in public, but if someone is interested I am more than happy to talk about that in a PM ... but I can wholeheartedly say you all made my life brighter and I really hope to meet you all in real life next August.

I'm a big boy (literally, I'm 2m05 tall) ... but your gesture actually brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you all for caring ... thank you !

1 hour ago, LamboCARS said:

you might have noticed I didn't respond a lot in this thread ... that is just because I couldn't find the words to explain how I feel about all of you helping out a complete stranger in real life, as far as I know, I have never met any of you face to face, and still you go out of your way to help me achieve a dream  ... thank you doesn't even come close to what I want to say to all of you, and I mean all of you, from the smallest amount right up to the incredible amount in donations made.

I don't really like to talk about our family health issues in public, but if someone is interested I am more than happy to talk about that in a PM ... but I can wholeheartedly say you all made my life brighter and I really hope to meet you all in real life next August.

I'm a big boy (literally, I'm 2m05 tall) ... but your gesture actually brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you all for caring ... thank you !

Go have a great time. That amount should get you a nice flight and a very nice hotel room. You better get on the booking side, things book quickly. Destructo will quarterback the cash and get it to you. He also knows Andrew quite well, that should prove helpful too. Congrats again, have a great time.

4 hours ago, porter said:

Go have a great time. That amount should get you a nice flight and a very nice hotel room. You better get on the booking side, things book quickly. Destructo will quarterback the cash and get it to you. He also knows Andrew quite well, that should prove helpful too. Congrats again, have a great time.

So right now, I talked with Andrew, got a room at the Mariposa with the Lamborghini Club America being held for Mark.

I’ve spent many a year there and was always happy with the stay. It’s not the top hotel in Monterey, but the concentration of Lamborghini’s is second to none and they have made it a very nice hotel. The best part though is at night everyone gets together for food and wine swapping stories and memories. He’ll meet a ton of owners and great people there every night. 

We’ll keep the thread going with event updates. A few more donations have trickled in and thank you very much to those guys as well! 

Anyone that has a hook up on events or would like to donate an extra ticket is welcome as well.

9 hours ago, Destructo said:

So right now, I talked with Andrew, got a room at the Mariposa with the Lamborghini Club America being held for Mark.

Awesome, thank you so much, I just looked up that hotel, it's sold out ... so many, many thanks for holding a room for me, I also looked at hotels yesterday ... they don't come cheap in Monterey during those days ... wow !

• 4 months later...