Your Thoughts on the New Look? Report Problems Here

Destructo

The New Look  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new look for Lambo Power?

• I love it!
    • I hate it!
    • I want the old site back.
    • Take it or leave it, I'm indifferent.

With the new drastic changes to our look, I wanted to get your thoughts on it.

The poll is simple, but if you'd like to expand on your perspective, feel free to post in this thread. 

Cheers, criticism, and thoughts are welcome. 

If you are having problems or something isn't working properly, feel free to post in here so I can address it.

Thanks! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my first thought is because people hate change dont ask this question until they have had time to get used to it.

But I will say that the welcome banner/photo is massive. and the second photo "state of affairs" button for "more information" gives me an error or " You do not have permission to view this page "

Also the VIP Info button gives the same error

1 hour ago, NuclearJACK said:

my first thought is because people hate change dont ask this question until they have had time to get used to it.

But I will say that the welcome banner/photo is massive. and the second photo "state of affairs" button for "more information" gives me an error or " You do not have permission to view this page "

Also the VIP Info button gives the same error

Good looking out. Got the pages permission issues resolved.

I figured I'd run into a handful of little issues post-launch. 

In regard to the massive photo, I'll look into the display settings, but that was giving me plenty of trouble the past few days. 

I'll take it or leave it. I was used to the old version like everyone. But things change and we eventually get used to the new version. This happens with every website on the planet. 

9 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

I'll take it or leave it. I was used to the old version like everyone. But things change and we eventually get used to the new version. This happens with every website on the planet. 

True. At the bottom of the page, click ‘theme’. Select ‘Matter’ and it’ll bring you back to the previous version. 

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

True. At the bottom of the page, click ‘theme’. Select ‘Matter’ and it’ll bring you back to the previous version. 

I only have two themes to choose from. 

lp.JPG

13 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Give it a try now.

How do you switch it back after I switch to Matter? 

4 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

How do you switch it back after I switch to Matter? 

Should be the exact same steps for switching back. Unless your option for 2.0 disappears, which would be odd, but not unheard of.

4 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Should be the exact same steps for switching back. Unless your option for 2.0 disappears, which would be odd, but not unheard of.

Its gone. 

I do have a problem. I`ve got this site in my bookmarks, so one click and I`m in... Sign up. Old theme. After I sign out there is a new theme, but when I`m sign up again, old theme is back.

2 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

Its gone. 

Poof, like the wind. :lol2: 

I'll switch it back for you in the Admin part for now and try and ferret out the issue on the board. Good looking out! 

3 minutes ago, woocasz said:

I do have a problem. I`ve got this site in my bookmarks, so one click and I`m in... Sign up. Old theme. After I sign out there is a new theme, but when I`m sign up again, old theme is back.

So when you sign in you are seeing the "old theme" and then when logged out, you are seeing the "new theme" correct?

FWIW, I couldn't see the theme button using Chrome or Windows10 Edge unless I logged out and then scrolled to the bottom before signing in. 

So, right now I'm logged in/signed in using chrome and there's no theme button at the bottom.  Same for the new banner pictures etc everyone is talking about, all I see is the forum topics. 

1 minute ago, jhbchess said:

FWIW, I couldn't see the theme button using Chrome or Windows10 Edge unless I logged out and then scrolled to the bottom before signing in. 

So, right now I'm logged in/signed in using chrome and there's no theme button at the bottom.  Same for the new banner pictures etc everyone is talking about, all I see is the forum topics. 

Good info. I'll check it out. I appreciate the heads up.

3 minutes ago, jhbchess said:

Also, the new banner images won't be on all the pages. It gets too busy if I had that. You'll only see them on a few pages, mainly the "home" page that shows the forum directory, per say. If that makes sense. 

If you go to the home page, without selecting a forum, do you see the scrolling banner images?

6 minutes ago, Destructo said:

So when you sign in you are seeing the "old theme" and then when logged out, you are seeing the "new theme" correct?

Correct. I`m using Mozilla Firefox. At the bottom of the page there is no theme button.

1 minute ago, woocasz said:

Correct. I`m using Mozilla Firefox.

Alright, so currently the "default" theme is for the new 2.0, if you log in, your setting will supersede that. I will manually change yours as well in the Admin panel to the new one. Just let me know if you want it changed back.

1 minute ago, Destructo said:

Alright, so currently the "default" theme is for the new 2.0, if you log in, your setting will supersede that. I will manually change yours as well in the Admin panel to the new one. Just let me know if you want it changed back.

Thank you. Everything is fine now.

45 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Poof, like the wind. :lol2: 

I'll switch it back for you in the Admin part for now and try and ferret out the issue on the board. Good looking out! 

I change my vote. I like LP 2.0 better than "Matter". 

26 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

I change my vote. I like LP 2.0 better than "Matter". 

It takes a few minutes, but look at the thread I posted about navigating the new look and you’ll tap into a lot of the potential and benefits to it. 

And thanks for the insight and help into it. 

Looks like it all works now. I logged in with Chrome, saw the new banner, can see theme button on bottom right hand of page. Thanks Destructo!

the new look is really nice. Congratulations! 

1 issue - I don't like the "Is. The. New." This just doesn't make sense 

Also the Lambopower.com is over the most important part of the image, the cars, while the boats are in clear view. Its kind of confusing seeing boats when you open the page. I'd rather see the Lambos. 

Aside from that it's very nice