Your Thoughts on the New Look? Report Problems Here

Destructo

The New Look  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new look for Lambo Power?

• I love it!
    • I hate it!
    • I want the old site back.
    • Take it or leave it, I'm indifferent.

9 hours ago, jhbchess said:

Looks like it all works now. I logged in with Chrome, saw the new banner, can see theme button on bottom right hand of page. Thanks Destructo!

:icon_thumleft:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, gLA said:

the new look is really nice. Congratulations! 

1 issue - I don't like the "Is. The. New." This just doesn't make sense 

Also the Lambopower.com is over the most important part of the image, the cars, while the boats are in clear view. Its kind of confusing seeing boats when you open the page. I'd rather see the Lambos. 

Aside from that it's very nice

Excellent and valid points. With the font, it was the easiest structure in the time I had. I'm already working on new ones, so this is only temporary. But love the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. 

This may have been what was being referred to above, but I had a look at the other themes and when I went to the "Matter" theme I couldn't find the button to change back to the other themes. Lucky I still had a tab open with the 2.0 theme on so reselected it. Using Chrome if that helps.

Not a fan of the jumbotron, but otherwise it is a lot easier to read and subtle.

Also... I feel very lonely fellas...

{5ECBEF44-FDE8-4218-B204-ABFFA03DB485}.png.jpg

Welcome block is too big.  Otherwise, this version of Invision is the best forum software around IMO.  Far superior to the old version.  

Personal preference because I'm usually on large monitors, but I like fixed width views.  Theme developer might be able to sort that.

44 minutes ago, DBK said:

Welcome block is too big.  Otherwise, this version of Invision is the best forum software around IMO.  Far superior to the old version.  

Personal preference because I'm usually on large monitors, but I like fixed width views.  Theme developer might be able to sort that.

:icon_thumleft:

Good stuff, thanks for the insight. We'll be tweaking as we go, so input is always appreciated. 

Only 9 votes so far?  I'm surprised - figured there'd by more!

I like the new look.  Never had a problem with the old look (other than being a bit dated).

I chose Matter theme after reading various comments, and now my theme button is gone (but it doesn't make a difference - this is fine).

I'm on a Mac laptop and using duck duck go at the moment which can be very limiting sometimes (and a pain in the ass).  I only saw the main banner when I first opened the page. Since then I've closed and reopened but theme button remains gone, and I don't see the main banner (again - okay with all of it as it doesn't affect my ability to navigate)

Great job keeping LP up to date.  Thanks for all your hard work.  Still wish we had post numbers but I have adjusted to living without.

11 hours ago, TestShoot said:

Also... I feel very lonely fellas...

{5ECBEF44-FDE8-4218-B204-ABFFA03DB485}.png.jpg

Guess it's just you and me TestShoot ;)

One thing I liked about the old set up. You could change the option to show more posts/replies per page. Is that a setting any where in the updated version? 

Destructo - in the post above where I quoted TestShoot - I went back in to edit the quote "also...I feel very lonely fellas..." because I wanted to bold it to emphasize what I was responding to.  I also wanted to change the color of the quote. I tried twice saving it once in yellow and once in orange.  Neither attempt was successful.  It kept the bold and italic options but it seems I can't change the color of something I'm quoting.

I visited LP and it opened in the new theme automatically. I wanted to compare so clicked and changed to the old theme.

I am now on the old theme with no obvious or apparent way of getting back to the new theme

Is it a once in a lifetime choice?

22 hours ago, cake said:

Only 9 votes so far?  I'm surprised - figured there'd by more!

I like the new look.  Never had a problem with the old look (other than being a bit dated).

I chose Matter theme after reading various comments, and now my theme button is gone (but it doesn't make a difference - this is fine).

I'm on a Mac laptop and using duck duck go at the moment which can be very limiting sometimes (and a pain in the ass).  I only saw the main banner when I first opened the page. Since then I've closed and reopened but theme button remains gone, and I don't see the main banner (again - okay with all of it as it doesn't affect my ability to navigate)

Great job keeping LP up to date.  Thanks for all your hard work.  Still wish we had post numbers but I have adjusted to living without.

The post numbers are still on my list, sadly trying to put a few fires out first. I still agree that it's a good addition. 

Which theme do you like? I can reset it for you, just let me know. I'll look into why it's not coming back as an option when people switch. Slightly concerning :lol2: 

22 hours ago, BLK85 said:

One thing I liked about the old set up. You could change the option to show more posts/replies per page. Is that a setting any where in the updated version? 

Good question. Shooting from the hip, I don't have an answer. Let me dig into it and let you know. 

22 hours ago, cake said:

Destructo - in the post above where I quoted TestShoot - I went back in to edit the quote "also...I feel very lonely fellas..." because I wanted to bold it to emphasize what I was responding to.  I also wanted to change the color of the quote. I tried twice saving it once in yellow and once in orange.  Neither attempt was successful.  It kept the bold and italic options but it seems I can't change the color of something I'm quoting.

So the text color isn't saving more than one post? Or just for individuals. I'm trying a few different to see if it does it. 

3 hours ago, darth sidious said:

I visited LP and it opened in the new theme automatically. I wanted to compare so clicked and changed to the old theme.

I am now on the old theme with no obvious or apparent way of getting back to the new theme

Is it a once in a lifetime choice?

:lol2: One and done! No, i'll switch you back to 2.0 settings. This is apparently a common issue, we'll see what's up with that.

Whatever theme I have is fine. No worries and if an option returns at some point I’ll play with it. 

The font color wasn’t saving when I quoted TestShoot  I tried twice and I could make it bold and italic successfully but could not change font color at all (never successful)  

Thanks for your efforts!  

I get this message when I try to send a PM. Im trying to send a message about joining VIP to Destructo. 

"Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more."

My inbox is empty. 

On 3/3/2019 at 12:01 AM, BLK85 said:

I get this message when I try to send a PM. Im trying to send a message about joining VIP to Destructo. 

"Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more."

My inbox is empty. 

Poking around there tonight. Sorry for the complications. 

On 3/3/2019 at 12:01 AM, BLK85 said:

My inbox is empty. 

Alright, give it a try again. If this doesn't work, I'll try another route. 

On desktop the unread content icon is a bit small and hard to locate compared to mobile version. 

Also it you want to mark all as read it is annoying that it doesn’t just do it when clicked but asks you if you are sure every time