Your Thoughts on the New Look? Report Problems Here

Destructo

The New Look  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new look for Lambo Power?

• I love it!
    • I hate it!
    • I want the old site back.
    • Take it or leave it, I'm indifferent.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am enjoying it for the most part. I think it is easier to read and it feels like it is not an out of the box template.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, Destructo said:

:lol2: One and done! No, i'll switch you back to 2.0 settings. This is apparently a common issue, we'll see what's up with that.

Can you switch me back to 2.0 theme? I clicked another theme today as well and lost the option to switch it again.

Thank you

I think the site has way too many categories. It would work on a forum which has 100000 users daily to route them into this many sub categories, but It does make this place looking very empty and barren, instead of having multiple threads new or unread on line everytime I log in (which has come down from 20 times a day to once a month basis).

19 hours ago, rmtn said:

I think the site has way too many categories. It would work on a forum which has 100000 users daily to route them into this many sub categories, but It does make this place looking very empty and barren, instead of having multiple threads new or unread on line everytime I log in (which has come down from 20 times a day to once a month basis).

I can see your point.

We did however cut out a TON of sections. It's a process. We'll keep going an see what develops. However the nature of our very existence as a site has changed significantly, but as have all the forums. 

Thanks for sticking around though. Make sure to use the "Unread Content" button to streamline everything.  

I don't like the platform at all tbh - i don't find it user friendly, have hardly used it since the changes so perhaps i should give it more of a chance.

33 minutes ago, LA_Brit said:

I don't like the platform at all tbh - i don't find it user friendly, have hardly used it since the changes so perhaps i should give it more of a chance.

It's an acquired taste to some degree.  We ran so long on the other format that changing it any amount would make a lot of people unhappy. However, if we want to stick around as a site we needed to make some changes. If you have a few minutes, read through this post and it'll give you a good handle on how to operate in the new platform.

Appreciate the input, and thanks for checking in with an honest opinion. 

You know what it is?

When you click all activity or unread content, i would MUCH rather see a link to the thread as opposed to each comment to various topics, that way i can see what the thread topic is and choose whether to read the responses. It would also take up far less space and be more readable IMO. It would also make it far more familiar.

1 hour ago, LA_Brit said:

Thats ok. You dont have a Lambo anyways... :lol:

You know what it is?

When you click all activity or unread content, i would MUCH rather see a link to the thread as opposed to each comment to various topics, that way i can see what the thread topic is and choose whether to read the responses. It would also take up far less space and be more readable IMO. It would also make it far more familiar.

I was going to explain how to fix it. Just let me a minute :lol2: 

You know what it is?

If it's showing the response, near the top in the "Unread Content" page, click the "condensed" tab, should solve your problem. 

12 hours ago, Destructo said:

If it's showing the response, near the top in the "Unread Content" page, click the "condensed" tab, should solve your problem. 

That's much better! Is there a way to make that the default setting?

8 minutes ago, LA_Brit said:

That's much better! Is there a way to make that the default setting?

Once you select it, that should be it. If not let me know. 

10 minutes ago, Destructo said:

It worked once i refreshed, thanks.

5 hours ago, Destructo said:

That fixed a lot of pain for me too. Can you make that a default for everyone? I think it might help a lot.

Another thing that bugs my eye is using bigger font size in headers. It just looks off or like code was broken.
Use same font and size but different line weights.

• 2 years later...