New Aston Martins at Gevena

exitr

I really like what I see. These designs seem very far ahead of the competition. Compare the "aero" on the SVJ to these. 

White one is called RB-003 (a toned down Valkyrie) and the green one is the new Vanquish, which will be a normal exotic similar to Ferrari/McLaren/Lamborghini.

The Valkyrie was much out of my price range, and RB-003 will probably be too, but Vanquish should be around $300K. Vanquish looks incredible and is probably the most usable for a road car of the three anyway.

Aston_Martin-AM-RB_003_Concept-2019-info

aston-martin-vanquish-vision-concept.jpg

vanquish-vision-geneva-official-1_700.jp

aston-martin-am-rb-003-and-vanquish-visi

I fcuking dig it!  They are absolutely crushing it with these cars.  They will all be show stoppers in the flesh.

I have to say the Vanquish Vision is sharp looking, just looks more complete then the 003.    My only worry would be the fact that these two look TOO much alike.   And hell, they aren't that far off from the Valkyrie....at least in pics, In person might be a totally different story.    have to applaud the direction they are going in though, its a far cry from their standard GT cars that never seem to age too well.....(with the exception of the DBS.....and the DB5 and earlier cars).

2 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

I have to say the Vanquish Vision is sharp looking, just looks more complete then the 003.    My only worry would be the fact that these two look TOO much alike.   And hell, they aren't that far off from the Valkyrie....at least in pics, In person might be a totally different story.    have to applaud the direction they are going in though, its a far cry from their standard GT cars that never seem to age too well.....(with the exception of the DBS.....and the DB5 and earlier cars).

I don't follow Aston closely, but I thought (at a glance) they were the same! :lol2: 

I don't see too much of an issue with them looking so similar. They have significantly different price points, significantly different performance, and none will be available at the same time. Valkyrie is long since sold out. 003 will sell out next, and then a year or two later Vanquish will be available for all. They are very different in compromise too. Valkyrie is borderline not a road car, definitely not an everyday affair. 003 is a bit more usable, though still very much only a weekender that the wife will likely not enjoy and seems to have barely any storage. Vanquish is the daily just like a Huracan or 720S.

Similar appearances don't matter so long as they are all good looking. I believe every 488 owner would be more than happy to have a 700 hp TT v8, aluminum ThethetheFerrari for $300,000. Likewise, I believe every 911 Turbo buyer wouldn't mind having TT flat 6, aluminum 918 car for $300,000.

The thing about halo car design is that, generally speaking, there is nothing that expensive about most of the designs. The designs reflect the selling price, not necessarily the cost of building. You could build a ThethetheFerrari or P1 or 918 out of aluminum. They'd look identical and just weigh more. This is what Aston is doing. They are taking million dollar designs and just adjusting the cost of the components underneath the paint.

I think it's going to be a smashing success and change the way exotics are designed and sold. You aren't going to be able to sell a Huracan or 488 if Aston Martin is selling hypercar designs for the same price.

1 hour ago, exitr said:

I don't see too much of an issue with them looking so similar. They have significantly different price points, significantly different performance, and none will be available at the same time. Valkyrie is long since sold out. 003 will sell out next, and then a year or two later Vanquish will be available for all. They are very different in compromise too. Valkyrie is borderline not a road car, definitely not an everyday affair. 003 is a bit more usable, though still very much only a weekender that the wife will likely not enjoy and seems to have barely any storage. Vanquish is the daily just like a Huracan or 720S.

Similar appearances don't matter so long as they are all good looking. I believe every 488 owner would be more than happy to have a 700 hp TT v8, aluminum ThethetheFerrari for $300,000. Likewise, I believe every 911 Turbo buyer wouldn't mind having TT flat 6, aluminum 918 car for $300,000.

The thing about halo car design is that, generally speaking, there is nothing that expensive about most of the designs. The designs reflect the selling price, not necessarily the cost of building. You could build a ThethetheFerrari or P1 or 918 out of aluminum. They'd look identical and just weigh more. This is what Aston is doing. They are taking million dollar designs and just adjusting the cost of the components underneath the paint.

I think it's going to be a smashing success and change the way exotics are designed and sold. You aren't going to be able to sell a Huracan or 488 if Aston Martin is selling hypercar designs for the same price.

Interesting. Thanks for a good explanation, it makes a lot more sense now.

Wouldn't the owners of the Tier 1 cars lose interest if someone can come along, and buy something similar for far less? Don't you think they run the risk of losing the customer base of those with VERY deep pockets? 

003 is street legal version of the Valkyrie - 004 is a prototype so who knows. 

The 003 is a special build and we may see  a Roadster but IMO Aston builds beautiful coupes- tough wrapping my head around an Aston built V6 at 1M.  If this was a detuned V12 Cosworth would be an easy decision.