Which is cylinder 1?

pmdw1

Weird question, but does anyone know which cylinder is cylinder one on a Murcielago?

I know the firing order & I know that bank one is on the right as you look at the car from behind. I'd imagine cylinder one is the furthest cylinder (closest to the transmission) but if anyone's come across any documentation, or has experience to confirm or deny that would be fantastically useful.

I want to visually check the position of the missing tooth from the trigger wheel at TDC for an aftermarket ECU setup

In for answers.

Seemed like an easy question.

V12noise's comment above has a strong point....left & right mislabeled on the diagram?

Italian service manuals....photos/diagrams better than words?

Everything on the car is left and right as viewed from the rear EXCEPT when it comes to the internals of the engine. The engine internals are viewed from the flywheel.

1 hour ago, gmendoza said:

Everything on the car is left and right as viewed from the rear EXCEPT when it comes to the internals of the engine. The engine internals are viewed from the flywheel.

:Hand-motion where you bring the fingers and thumb together to a point, palm turned upwards, and shake the hand backwards and forwards....

depositphotos_5405162-stock-photo-italian-gesture.jpg

3 hours ago, gmendoza said:

Correct. The diagram is correct. The "view" is from the perspective of the flywheel and the direction it turns. It cool actually. I think the diagram is definitely a nice touch for the thread. Cool find!

I guess that there is a practical reason for this in that the engine builder will have no concept of the orientation within the target vehicle.  All he sees is the engine and the flywheel is a pretty good unique reference....

• 4 weeks later...

Add the rocker sills to this 'Italian' perspective.  The drivers side is referred to as being on the right side of the body and passenger is on the left in the repair manual....