LP640 throttle body issue !

alpha6164

My 07 LP640 has been one of my most trouble free cars in the 4 years I have owned it.  Yesterday stopping at the red light and it turns green and I press the gas and the the car bogs down.  No matter how deep I press the gas the RPM actually goes from let’s say 1k to 700rpm. 

I immediately turn off the car and restart the car drives fine.  I thought ok maybe some glitch.  No lights or anything.  I drove for a good 30 min to my next destination, park the car finish my meeting and get in the car within 2 min of driving same damn thing happens and now check engine light comes on and the car is creeping at 2-3 mph and I pull into a CVS.  Quite embarrassed with all the on lookers let the car cool off for a few min and restart the car and now the car drives but it feels like it’s not all normal.  I get the car to my friends shop and run a scan and I get 

P0226

P0227

P1226

And looks like TB issues   With the car running I start to disconnect one TB plug one at a time to see change in engine tone etc and at first one one of the TBs didn’t change the sound of engine when I disconnected it but then second time it did  

After this the car ran perfect   The little surging it was doing was gone and took the car for drive and runs perfect   Drove the car home which was a good 45 min and never did the again  

now I am worried taking the car out cause I have no clue what’s happened lol

1) can a bad TB suddenly come to life?

2) was it bad plug connection ?

3) is it something else ?

i have tried to search and I get mixed results  some posts say the LP640 does not need re-learning and how it self calibrates every 4 seconds and some posts where people discuss needing the LDAS to recalibrate them   

Any and all inputs would be highly appreciated   

I’m an overkill kind of fix it type. If the one TB is giving issues, I’d replace both.

But that’s being said, if you get a chance, can you see what kind of condition they are inside? Would a good cleaning of the TB and the connections solve the issue? Couldn’t hurt. 

Did your buddies shop tell you more on what the codes were? 

With the intermittent interruption is sounds like it could be a connection issue, but who knows. 

And after four years, It sounds like a relatively minor issue, thankfully. 

Keenus updated please. 

Throttle body issues are weird. I get them on the Z sometimes and once they start they never seem to go away.

It isn’t uncommon for the wiper in the TB to get worn spots on it or crack even

that results in intermittent issues,   They can be sent out for repair, I have repaired my own and it is no handyman type task to open a TB.

i still need to load a few images on another thread but I will look to see the pins to test externally for an impedance test, it may be worth looking into

12 hours ago, Digibeam said:

It isn’t uncommon for the wiper in the TB to get worn spots on it or crack even

that results in intermittent issues,   They can be sent out for repair, I have repaired my own and it is no handyman type task to open a TB.

i still need to load a few images on another thread but I will look to see the pins to test externally for an impedance test, it may be worth looking into

That would be great and highly appreciated.  

Do you know if the LP640 needs to be resynced with LARA it is it the gen 1 murci that needs it ? 

3 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

That would be great and highly appreciated.  

Do you know if the LP640 needs to be resynced with LARA it is it the gen 1 murci that needs it ? 

My understanding is that ended in 2003. If so, not all Gen 1's need to have the throttle body's sync'd.

6 hours ago, Stimpy said:

My understanding is that ended in 2003. If so, not all Gen 1's need to have the throttle body's sync'd.

Here's where I got that info:

On 3/26/2019 at 1:27 PM, Destructo said:

I’m an overkill kind of fix it type. If the one TB is giving issues, I’d replace both

There's 4 of them on a Murci, so 4 new ones at $2200/each would be painful.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:32 PM, Stimpy said:

There's 4 of them on a Murci, so 4 new ones at $2200/each would be painful.

Well, color me out. That's a ton, and one of the many reasons I don't have one yet! :lol2:

5 hours ago, lambohunter said:

There is a company called XEModex Technology. They rebuild  throttle bodys better than stock  for about 450.00.  I had  them do one for my 05 murcy it was perfect.

Is this the one?

https://xemodex.com/us/product/electronic-throttle-module-etm-for-lamborghini-gallardo-vo-1010-12216561-10-20/

Looks like they raised the price to almost $1000/each and recommend doing all 4 at the same time. They don't list the Murci, but it's the same throttle body as the Gallardo.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry late to the game again,  I tried to find the info I had but what I knew and what can be done are different things.

i found one of my TB still apart and other than measuring them dissassembled, it would not be possible with an intact unit.one thought I had was to exchange one TB to its mate and see if the problem persists

The black end plates are the variable resistors that wear out, they have opposite resistance based on position which is part of a redundancy or a differential feedback to verify the correct position to the computer, if one does not match the opposite resistance then a fault is registered. 

The same goes for the foot throttle potentiometer.

F445C892-1B58-4FD5-AD00-7EFFC61BDD10.jpeg

9FCFE6AE-DAC3-42D3-A244-65C4AE7B6A98.jpeg

63791AAB-CC6A-4840-906A-54AAEEC5231D.jpeg

C46F7A19-1317-444D-B5EB-39AD027B8ED3.jpeg

F22912E6-5C01-4193-A7D1-01CE68B366B5.jpeg

32D74070-ED32-40FE-8C6A-515A71832276.jpeg