Something quick to check -- A/C recirc

Stimpy

I had my battery disconnected for a few weeks while I was waiting on parts to finish my A/C compressor change last month. After finishing the job, I found out the A/C recirculation setting wasn't working. I checked this function by opening the frunk and feeling the airflow through the plastic vent against the back wall.

I suspected the A/C control panel, so I followed the easy steps attached to reset the control panel, and now the recirc works great. 

If your car has ever had the battery disconnected for a long period, it's possible your recirc isn't working and you've never noticed. Without the recirc, the outside air makes the A/C much less effective in hot/humid climates like Houston, so it's worth the easy check.

2019-03-24 21.46.20.jpg

Interesting behavior that PoKnow figured out. If you have the temp setting on "LO," no matter what you do, the A/C will set recirculate OFF (outside air being pulled in). If you put the temp setting up just one notch from LO, you can turn on recirculate. 

I would never have guessed that's how it works, but from now on, I will avoid using LO.