Another Italian

Chipster

So I haven't had anything since selling the Gallardo last February since I was buying another house and getting married.  I even sold the old Caddy and my Tundra since I was driving over 100 a day, I got a Prius C (awesome to average 58+ mpg since I've had it).

So I've mentioned to some that while the Gallardo is a great car, it was too easy and lacked the character and event feelings I missed about the Diablo.  But another Diablo was out of the cards with the house and wedding stuff. 

Have always loved them and thought it would be a close match to my wants, but I just picked up a 72 Detomaso Pantera.  It's been restored.  Has Coilover, wilwood brakes, new 351W, Fuel Injection, GT40 intake, etc.  Living it so far.  Prior owners had added Foose wheels,  which came with stickers to look like the Foose Pantera, which I didn't care for a removed this weekend.  I'll get some better pics but these are from this weekend as it was.  It's actually 3M burnt orange metallic wrap.  The last pic is with most of the stickers removed, though I may leave the black background as a stripe.  Eventually I would like to do Group 4 flares, different wheels, and new paint.

20190324_090836.jpg

20190324_090934.jpg

20190324_091036.jpg

20190324_091042.jpg

20190323_184205.jpg

20190325_061654.jpg

13 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Love the Panteras, takes a specia enthusiast to take care of these. Kuddos! 

Thank you.  They do seem like a handful if not properly maintained.  Supposedly this was once owned by a Pantera Club of America President and spent some time in a museum too.  Everything seems to work.

Tough ask but would anyone be able to Photoshop the first pic for me to replace th orange with a teal color, like blu glauco, without the side stripes on the bottom and black wheels or black lip wheels with gold centers?

• 10 months later...

Hey there, I just noticed this posting. Nice looking car! I have a group 4 and others. If you do the group 4 flares make sure you get em done right in steel & butt welded and built around the diameter of the wheels/tires you plan to use. I've seem some done improperly and it kinda ruins the look of the car. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102810426@N07/albums/72157639222739254

Thanks!  I have put a lot of work into it since.  New EFI system, lay down radiator kit for new Fluidyne radiator and twin sucker fans.  Most of the Pantera Electronics upgrades too.  Push button start, etc.  It's for sale lol.  Just bought a Charger Scat Pack.

20191208_101845.jpg

Congrats on the Pantera. I have always liked them. Don’t see them very often. 
How bout a couple pics of your latest American muscle?  Color?  How do you like it so far?  

Thanks everyone.  So after we bought a house, I was doing at least 100-125 miles a day depending on whether I had to go to base to see my customer.  And that was unbearable in my lifted Tundra because the 37" tires were $$ and rotating them every 2 months it seemed, so I had bought a little 16 Prius c, which I put 47k miles on in less than 2 years.  Great car, averaged 59 mpg and super cheap maintenance.  But my office moved a little closer to home, so down to about 75 miles a day and decided to get a 19 Dodge Charger Scat Pack this week.  It was a new leftover and like $13k off sticker.  485 hp and out the door under $40k.  Indigo blue with brass monkey wheels.  Heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats.  Very impressed with the total package for the money.  Did a 250 mile trip the day after and averaged 26 mpg taking it easy.  Would definitely recommend.

hc_1580243723487.jpg

4 minutes ago, Chipster said:

Thanks everyone.  So after we bought a house, I was doing at least 100-125 miles a day depending on whether I had to go to base to see my customer.  And that was unbearable in my lifted Tundra because the 37" tires were $$ and rotating them every 2 months it seemed, so I had bought a little 16 Prius c, which I put 47k miles on in less than 2 years.  Great car, averaged 59 mpg and super cheap maintenance.  But my office moved a little closer to home, so down to about 75 miles a day and decided to get a 19 Dodge Charger Scat Pack this week.  It was a new leftover and like $13k off sticker.  485 hp and out the door under $40k.  Indigo blue with brass monkey wheels.  Heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats.  Very impressed with the total package for the money.  Did a 250 mile trip the day after and averaged 26 mpg taking it easy.  Would definitely recommend.

hc_1580243723487.jpg

Congrats! Love the look and performance of those big sedans! How's the interior? I had a hard time getting used to it compared to some others. That would be a heckuva ride for a daily. Any plans on mods for it?

I got the alcantara seats and it has leather steering wheel.  Dash is some sort of plastic or composite but looks like leather and has contrast stitching.  So I'm pretty happy with it but anything is a step up from the Prius, so maybe not the best judge.

5 minutes ago, Chipster said:

I got the alcantara seats and it has leather steering wheel.  Dash is some sort of plastic or composite but looks like leather and has contrast stitching.  So I'm pretty happy with it but anything is a step up from the Prius, so maybe not the best judge.

Those upgrades make a world of difference. The standard equipment for the Chargers is abysmal, and I don't know what the Scat Pack came with interior wise. Obvious concessions for the price-point, but that sounds like something I could definitely live with! Post up some more pictures when you get a chance. 

And Prius' you don't buy those for interior appointments :lol2: 

Yeah, I will take some later.  And it does have active exhaust too so sounds pretty good actually, especially for a stock car.  I may do appearance mods, like wrap the hood satin black and remove emblems but nothing motor wise for a while.  Still in break in period anyways.  And it will see about 20-22k miles a year.

6 minutes ago, Chipster said:

Yeah, I will take some later.  And it does have active exhaust too so sounds pretty good actually, especially for a stock car.  I may do appearance mods, like wrap the hood satin black and remove emblems but nothing motor wise for a while.  Still in break in period anyways.  And it will see about 20-22k miles a year.

All good stuff. For daily's it's best never to go more than intake, exhaust and maybe a chip for performance in my book. Just enough to make it lively after break it, and different from the rest, but it sounds like you've got a good plan for it.