Balboni V 50th Anniversary V Superleggera values

Gunner44

Hi,

I’m looking into my first Gallardo purchase and need some assistance.

I’m keen on finding something very special say Valentino Balboni, 50th Anniversary, Superleggera. 

Please can you share your thoughts on which of the 3 cars you feel will hold its value best and why?

I’m also keen to understand if the later cars 2013+ drive any better than the 2010 Cars.

Are there any other limited editions I should consider?

Many thanks I’m advance.

Any model with a manual transmission should actually appreciate over time.  Manuals are already bringing a healthy premium over egear and they aren't making any more of them.  

18 hours ago, Chipster said:

Super Trofeo Stradale

For very special and something I doubt you'd lose money on, the STS is the way to go. Man I love that car.

Not to familiar on balboni numbers

50th anniversarios are gated manuals and really are special 25 in the USA  last sales on forums all above 215-230 list prices   

LP superleggera were never documented how many made.  Unicorn manuals are rare

PRE LP superleggera documented how many of each color of the 172 made.  Last of the true raw 5.0 engine and F1 exhaust note.  

If you want a driver PreLp is the route.   Cheaper to get into.  

Will retain and possibly go up depending on its history   

If if you want long term investment and won’t rack miles 50th.  But it will be almost 80-100k more compared to preLp pricing.  

All 25 of the USA and all 3 of the Canada Anniversary cars are manual and are Bianco Opalis.  There are Euro-spec cars in other colors and some do have egear.  Do not know the total number of Anniversary cars worldwide.  These should not be confused with some 2013 cars that have a "50th" badge.  That was just installed to celebrate Lamborghini's 50 years of production and do not designate a special model.

In the US, there are only 5 Balbonis with a manual.  Not sure how many total Balbonis were sold worldwide but most of them are egear.  Valentino is probably shaking his head about that.

There are four manual LP Superleggeras in the US and three manual Performante Spyders.  Not sure about worldwide numbers in either transmission for these models.

Any of these special models, definitely the manuals, will likely appreciate in value in the future.

56 minutes ago, Oldschol said:

All 25 of the USA and all 3 of the Canada Anniversary cars are manual and are Bianco Opalis.  There are Euro-spec cars in other colors and some do have egear.  Do not know the total number of Anniversary cars worldwide.  These should not be confused with some 2013 cars that have a "50th" badge.  That was just installed to celebrate Lamborghini's 50 years of production and do not designate a special model.

In the US, there are only 5 Balbonis with a manual.  Not sure how many total Balbonis were sold worldwide but most of them are egear.  Valentino is probably shaking his head about that.

There are four manual LP Superleggeras in the US and three manual Performante Spyders.  Not sure about worldwide numbers in either transmission for these models.

Any of these special models, definitely the manuals, will likely appreciate in value in the future.

You sure know your numbers!

Thanks for sharing.

Great work!

How would I know if it is a genuine Anniversary over a badged car, will it state anniversary in the certificate of title (v5c in the uk)?

there seems to be a few for sale in uk which makes me wonder what I’d actually be buying!

All of the true Anniversary cars are designated as LP560-2 models denoting the combination of 560 HP and RWD only for these cars.  I don't believe any of the other 2013-14 cars have the 560-2 designation.  They are all 560-4 or 550-2.  There is nothing in the VIN to specify the car as a true Anniversary car.  Only the 2013 model year cars would have the "50th"  badge and not all of them have it.  I have no idea what the protocol was for Lamborghini assigning that badge to some cars.  Any reputable dealer would be able to tell you if the car is a true Anniversary model.  Also, if you can provide us with the VIN, we may be able to help.

Sounds like you are in the UK.  There are only six Euro-spec manual Anniversary cars that we know of and the latest information on two of them has them outside of the UK.  Don't know the location of the other four.  If you want an egear car they may be easier to find and will certainly cost less.

7 hours ago, Destructo said:

You sure know your numbers!

Thanks for sharing.

Glad to help out.   The more we know about these cars the better.