Good Coffee? Whole beans

BLK85

I like coffee, like everyone does I'm sure. I like to get whole beans and grind it right before I make it or maybe the night before.  I normally buy from locally owned coffee shops. But seems like they are always rotating what they sell. I would like to try the online route and hopefully this way if I find something I really like it will be in stock for a longer time. 

Does anyone have anyplace online they like to buy coffee beans from? Either one company or a place with many brands? I am currently looking at Black Riffle Coffee since I always see ads for them since I follow the same type of shit I assume. 

Any tips are appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

I like coffee, like everyone does I'm sure. I like to get whole beans and grind it right before I make it or maybe the night before.  I normally buy from locally owned coffee shops. But seems like they are always rotating what they sell. I would like to try the online route and hopefully this way if I find something I really like it will be in stock for a longer time. 

Does anyone have anyplace online they like to buy coffee beans from? Either one company or a place with many brands? I am currently looking at Black Riffle Coffee since I always see ads for them since I follow the same type of shit I assume. 

Any tips are appreciated. 

BRCC is one I've gotten from before, enjoyed their stuff. It did the job and not a bad flavor. Been a while though. Looks like they are making a lot more product.

I do the Nespresso route, easy no fuss. You make some compromises with it because you can only get their select pods, but they rotate a lot and have specials. I needed a quick and cheap espresso fix and that did it. Now I'm looking at $500 espresso machines because I drink way too much and am considering the grind and try your own kind of thing.

Let us know what you get. I frickin' love coffee, but you can only drink it one way. Straight black, the way God intended! :lol2: 

10 minutes ago, Destructo said:

BRCC is one I've gotten from before, enjoyed their stuff. It did the job and not a bad flavor. Been a while though. Looks like they are making a lot more product.

I do the Nespresso route, easy no fuss. You make some compromises with it because you can only get their select pods, but they rotate a lot and have specials. I needed a quick and cheap espresso fix and that did it. Now I'm looking at $500 espresso machines because I drink way too much and am considering the grind and try your own kind of thing.

Let us know what you get. I frickin' love coffee, but you can only drink it one way. Straight black, the way God intended! :lol2: 

Im thinking I'm going to try BRCC's  sampler thing. $48 for 4 different kinds. Figure out what I like. 

I guess Im too much of a coffee snob to go the Nespresso route. Maybe its different than Kuerig, just doesnt seem right. And my time isnt really that tight. I have a 2 cup coffee maker and a hand grinder for up to 2 cups of coffee. 

Forgive me. We have a coffee shop at my work and we all get 1 coffee a day. For that one I get a hot Mocha, since I have no control over the coffee. But at home always black.  

I like Death Wish or Death Wish Valhalla.  Right now I've got Ravens Brew Three Peckered Billy Goat.  I usually try something new each bag.  We have a Delonghi full grinding and espresso machine.  

You'll love La Colombe. Start with their Corsica blend for dark, bold, rich, smooth... Buy then try their samplers, their constantly changing single origins from all over the world... Huge variety, and their descriptions of each one are pretty helpful.

Thanks! I'll add it to my list. Looked at their site, sounds good. 

On 4/6/2019 at 5:52 AM, Chipster said:

I like Death Wish or Death Wish Valhalla.  Right now I've got Ravens Brew Three Peckered Billy Goat.  I usually try something new each bag.  We have a Delonghi full grinding and espresso machine.  

Death Wish is insane. I average 3-4 cups of coffee per day during the work week. With Death Wish, one cup and I'm bouncing off the walls. Lol. 

11 hours ago, David@SPE said:

Death Wish is insane. I average 3-4 cups of coffee per day during the work week. With Death Wish, one cup and I'm bouncing off the walls. Lol. 

Haha.  Caffiene doesn't affect me as much.  I feel alert if I have it but I could have coffee at night and then fall right asleep.  I just don't sleep as well.  I'm trying to avoid death wish for blood pressure though lol

2 hours ago, David@SPE said:

Any recommendations on a coffee scale + timer?

I feel like a drug dealer every time I watch a video of a French/American press video. No recommendations though. 

1 hour ago, topcabron said:

Devil Mountain Coffee black label is deadly.

has 1600 mg of caffein compared to death Wish at 728.

And it's delicious.

I'll take a look! 

Just got this today. Haven't tried it yet, so I'll comment back tomorrow. This brand has others like Bourbon barrel aged or whiskey, or rum, etc.

1555189285071461212439.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've experienced coffee in Italy made with a Moka recently, and it's legit. It's not something you will typically find in restaurants, bars out there, as it's limited in volume and speed (had it in the house with the family every morning). 

For individual servings it's optimal, and the taste is very good. Mokas are cheap to buy and not too hard to find in the states. 

I think you'll like it, B. 

• 3 weeks later...