sl55

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, LSHG said:

Not a replacement of the Aventador but there'll be only 63 units - the new Lamborghini 'Sian'.

sian.jpg

2.5 million for this? I really wished Lamborghini could build a car in the same level of caliber as the ThethetheFerrari or the 918 Spyder.  But I'm afraid this ain't it. 

18 minutes ago, sl55 said:

Looks like a rebodied Centerario...

Agreed.

What I don't understand is that Lamborghini has access to the knowledge bank at VAG and look at what they did with the Sian, the new halo car from Lamborghini.  They could have stick in the 918 Spyder hybrid technology (which is 8 years old by the way) and gotten over a 1000hp easily (770 SVJ + 286hp from the 918 battery).  But no, Lamborghini is so cheap that they used the Aventador carbon tub as the basis for the Sian (which has no room for a proper battery) and tried to "reinvent" the wheel like the way they did with the ISG gearbox and introduced a 30hp electric motor in the gearbox. 

All that technology and exclusivity for the low low price of 3-3.5 million dollars.

I just wished Lamborghini could make a proper hypercar and not a rebodied SVJ.  

33 minutes ago, Unotaz said:

Agreed.

What I don't understand is that Lamborghini has access to the knowledge bank at VAG and look at what they did with the Sian, the new halo car from Lamborghini.  They could have stick in the 918 Spyder hybrid technology (which is 8 years old by the way) and gotten over a 1000hp easily (770 SVJ + 286hp from the 918 battery).  But no, Lamborghini is so cheap that they used the Aventador carbon tub as the basis for the Sian (which has no room for a proper battery) and tried to "reinvent" the wheel like the way they did with the ISG gearbox and introduced a 30hp electric motor in the gearbox. 

All that technology and exclusivity for the low low price of 3-3.5 million dollars.

I just wished Lamborghini could make a proper hypercar and not a rebodied SVJ.  

Have to laugh even though I respect you - proper battery as if everyone wants a V8 with pork sandwich that needs replacing every 5 years but If that's the case grab the SF90. 

Let's reflect by starting with Centodici - everyone says that is a body kit on the Chiron - add 6 million performance aero etc it's sold out and will always be at the top. 

Porsche built 918 cars including some W packages a65k paint jobs vs 63 and  yet to hear a price as you stated with an increase from 2.6m nor have I heard 770hp NA and 30hp electric.

None of which matters because Lamborghini sits above Porsche below Bugatti in the food chain and  they (porsche) all look like the neighborhood bicycle but for the CGT :)

Sian is an improved SVJ no different than a Centodici from a Chiron - suggest waiting to see some more information and pictures. 

23 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Have to laugh even though I respect you - proper battery as if everyone wants a V8 with pork sandwich that needs replacing every 5 years but If that's the case grab the SF90. 

Let's reflect by starting with Centodici - everyone says that is a body kit on the Chiron - add 6 million performance aero etc it's sold out and will always be at the top. 

Porsche built 918 cars including some W packages a65k paint jobs vs 63 and  yet to hear a price as you stated with an increase from 2.6m nor have I heard 770hp NA and 30hp electric.

None of which matters because Lamborghini sits above Porsche below Bugatti in the food chain and  they (porsche) all look like the neighborhood bicycle but for the CGT :)

Sian is an improved SVJ no different than a Centodici from a Chiron - suggest waiting to see some more information and pictures. 

I think what he's trying to say and others feel the same way including myself is Lamborghini needs to come out with a halo car that is not based on the Aventador platform and shares the same tech. Make a halo car that is truly one off similar to the ThethetheFerrari, 918 and P1 and price it  for $3.5 or $4m or whatever because you know they'll be able to sell it.

Meh, very underwhelming, at least Veneno and J looked cool and different 

just feel if you bought a SVJ and threw 2m at it you could even yourself come up with something a lot better than what has been produced 

1 hour ago, sl55 said:

I think what he's trying to say and others feel the same way including myself is Lamborghini needs to come out with a halo car that is not based on the Aventador platform and shares the same tech. Make a halo car that is truly one off similar to the ThethetheFerrari, 918 and P1 and price it  for $3.5 or $4m or whatever because you know they'll be able to sell it.

Exactly.  I want a properly engineered hypercar from Lamborghini.  Not this half-ass overpriced bodykit car.  

2 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I sure hope the final spec will be more impressive than 800hp (770 + 30).  

You keep making fun of the 918 and the other hypercard's battery, but the fact of the matter is, Lamborghini is going hybrid as well.  The issue, as I see it, is Lamborghini's hybrid technology is years behind the other manufacturers on this Sian.  

I think this is the Reventon all over again.  The Reventon was a bodykit Murcielago, just like the Sian is a bodykit SVJ.  When the Aventador was released a year after the Reventon, nobody cared about the Reventon and the value tanked.  It looks like the same thing might happen to the Sian when Aventador replacement gets released with the rumored 1000hp powertrain. 

I get it there are only 63 cars being made, but that doesn't mean it's a properly engineered hypercar.  Ferrari made over 700 cars for the ThethetheFerrari and the ThethetheFerrari Aperta, does that make it less impressive? Of course not and I'm not the only one who sees it that way.  Exclusivity is important in the hypercar game, but the car needs to be good first.  It's been 6 years since the holy trinity was released and this Sian is not more impressive than those "old cars".  It's even worse when you are comparing the Lamborghini Sian to the Aston Martin Valkyrie or the Mercedes Benz Project One.  Both are selling at the same price point, with mind-blowing performance, design and pedigree.  

3 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I sure hope the final spec will be more impressive than 800hp (770 + 30).  

You keep making fun of the 918 and the other hypercard's battery, but the fact of the matter is, Lamborghini is going hybrid as well.  The issue, as I see it, is Lamborghini's hybrid technology is years behind the other manufacturers on this Sian.  

I think this is the Reventon all over again.  The Reventon was a bodykit Murcielago, just like the Sian is a bodykit SVJ.  When the Aventador was released a year after the Reventon, nobody cared about the Reventon and the value tanked.  It looks like the same thing might happen to the Sian when Aventador replacement gets released with the rumored 1000hp powertrain. 

I get it there are only 63 cars being made, but that doesn't mean it's a properly engineered hypercar.  Ferrari made over 700 cars for the ThethetheFerrari and the ThethetheFerrari Aperta, does that make it less impressive? Of course not and I'm not the only one who sees it that way.  Exclusivity is important in the hypercar game, but the car needs to be good first.  It's been 6 years since the holy trinity was released and this Sian is not more impressive than those "old cars".  It's even worse when you are comparing the Lamborghini Sian to the Aston Martin Valkyrie or the Mercedes Benz Project One.  Both are selling at the same price point, with mind-blowing performance, design and pedigree.  

We are going to have to agree to disagree - all you who go back to prior years before the SV and Huracan are wasting good pixie dust. 

Have you sat in a Valkyrie - being 6'2 215 that thing is made for a racer in full gear and AMG can't put an F1 engine in a car and call it a car as it's not only incapable of being built it will also need an F1 team just like the Cosworth to run. Can you imagine the AMG or Valkyrie sitting on a trickle charger in a garage for months - the owner adds some air and goes on a spirited drive - both are a race car that requires race prep. These cars are not for the faint of heart or light wallet. 

Aston 003 - son of Valkyrie again seating position is racer tilt - still may grab one in roadster form but let's face it the V6TT over 1M with the 004 around the corner won't hold well at all. The thought of a V6TT battery as I am typing sends shivers down my spine it's so Ford Eco Boost. :(

The ThethetheFerrari I love but it's not worth 3M and again might as well grab the SF90 for better performance and better looks. 

I don't know of a good super car battery pork hybrid - hybrid has a shelf life and at 125k per it's not if it goes out it's when. 

All you and others have seen is a few pictures - you can't bash the men at Lambo who have released a few photos or dig back car models ago to make an argument about their future. If the SV SVJ Performante and more to come didn't break ring records you would have some solid ground vs quick sand -  touch of hybrid 850hp NA V12 rear engine wrapped in this package will live strong for a long long time. 

5 hours ago, sl55 said:

It's not the right time for Lamborghini to build a car like you and others describe. Porsche next supercar all electric Lotus Pininfarina and others. Porsche bought 10% of Rimac because they had to not because they wanted to. 

There are plenty out there and they are not selling - Lamborghini would get killed in that arena just like Lotus who can not sell 130 units and let me say that is the best of the bunch. Lamborghini built IMO the right car at the right time and all sold. 

Lamborghini is IMO building the best pound for pound car out there - keep in mind the less tech turbo IMO the better. 

Could you imagine - your batter dies after warranty and getting a 125 - 200k bill? 

If someone doesn't think it's true feel free to talk to Pininfarina Lotus McLaren. 

5 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

dels ago to make an argument about their future. If the SV SVJ Performante and more to come didn't break ring records you would have some solid ground vs quick sand -  touch of hybrid

5 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree - all you who go back to prior years before the SV and Huracan are wasting good pixie dust. 

Have you sat in a Valkyrie - being 6'2 215 that thing is made for a racer in full gear and AMG can't put an F1 engine in a car and call it a car as it's not only incapable of being built it will also need an F1 team just like the Cosworth to run. Can you imagine the AMG or Valkyrie sitting on a trickle charger in a garage for months - the owner adds some air and goes on a spirited drive - both are a race car that requires race prep. These cars are not for the faint of heart or light wallet. 

Aston 003 - son of Valkyrie again seating position is racer tilt - still may grab one in roadster form but let's face it the V6TT over 1M with the 004 around the corner won't hold well at all. The thought of a V6TT battery as I am typing sends shivers down my spine it's so Ford Eco Boost. :(

The ThethetheFerrari I love but it's not worth 3M and again might as well grab the SF90 for better performance and better looks. 

I don't know of a good super car battery pork hybrid - hybrid has a shelf life and at 125k per it's not if it goes out it's when. 

All you and others have seen is a few pictures - you can't bash the men at Lambo who have released a few photos or dig back car models ago to make an argument about their future. If the SV SVJ Performante and more to come didn't break ring records you would have some solid ground vs quick sand -  touch of hybrid 850hp NA V12 rear engine wrapped in this package will live strong for a long long time. 

We will definitely agree to disagree then. 

First of all, my 918 Spyder MSRP was 964K (Weissach plus paint to sample) and the hybrid battery replacement cost is 57k.  ThethetheFerrari MSRP is around 1.6 million.  You could buy both of them and they will still be cheaper than the Lamborghini Sian.  

Second, how much do you think the hybrid supercapacitor on the Sian will cost you to replace? Considering they only make 63 units, you have the economy of scale working against you there.  50K? 100K? 150K?  You make fun of the other manufacturer's hybrid battery going bad in a few years, and you think Lamborghini's hybrid battery will be much better in quality and cheaper in cost?  LOL. 

Third, the V10 engine in the CGT is derived from a race car engine and you seem to be ok with that.  Maintenance on the CGT ain't cheap, but I don't see you complaining either.  So why is maintenance cost now a determining factor in hypercar ownership?  I think instead of coming up with poor excuses of why you chose not to go with other manufacturers' hypercars (or perhaps, you couldn't get on the list for a Valkyrie or Project One), you should try to come up with valid reasonings on why Lamborghini Sian should be classified as one. 

Fourth, I agree that all batteries have a shelf life, including the one used in the Sian. :rolleyes:

P.S. I agree with you that the Aston cockpit is really tight and not everyone is built like a race car driver. 

10 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

Ok, you know me ... I just couldn't resist ... I want a Roadster:

sian_roadster.jpg

Sign me up for this one as well. 

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of this new Verde Gea shade ... perhaps in real life she looks better.

Still I wanted to see how the Sián looks in other shades:

lamborghini_sian_1.jpg

lamborghini_sian_2.jpg

lamborghini_sian_3.jpg

lamborghini_sian_4.jpg

lamborghini_sian_5.jpg

lamborghini_sian_6.jpg

Personally I think this car is pretty cool, especially the side and rear. It even has a "periscope". I think it is easy to look at this and laugh it off as a "reskinned Aventador with 810 hp", but the reality is that it has revolutionary battery technology.

Tell me of another production car that uses supercapacitators instead of traditional batteries, I will wait. If 1 supercapacitator is producing 30+ hp imagine having 6 or 8 in a car on top of the near 800hp V12. 

Once they get this tech going in full force, Lambo will be unstoppable, hell they might even sell it to others car brands.