• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, APB said:

Oh yes, this one. 

maxresdefault.jpg

If you follow Mitja Borkert he looks long and hard to fit past elements to his new designs. He talks about this often and in Monterey they had artists doing hand drawings making sure those elements were in their drawings. Above the exhaust I never knew about but to see it carried forward works perfect.

mitjaborkert

Wing down—-The fusion of iconic design elements of the #countach and the integration of the extreme aerodynamics within a dramatic exterior was the aim of our new #lamborghini #sian

1 hour ago, LamboJoe said:

They should have kept this design for the Aventador replacement.  looking at it again it is so hot!!!

The replacement design will probably be based on this car.

16 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Sian tech will be passed down - single cutch V12 is here to stay for the next generation.  

I think they will raise the price and make less. 

Expect them to spend elsewhere - GT to fill out the brand. 

Absolutely not trying to be argumentative but a factory person told me (assured me) that Aventador replacement will have a dual clutch transmission...

1 hour ago, Speed Demon said:

Absolutely not trying to be argumentative but a factory person told me (assured me) that Aventador replacement will have a dual clutch transmission...

Or does Lambo extend the current Aventador platform for 4 more years and develop an Aventador 2.0 which will keep the ISR but add the hybrid tech from the Sian?

4 minutes ago, sl55 said:

Or does Lambo extend the current Aventador platform for 4 more years and develop an Aventador 2.0 which will keep the ISR but add the hybrid tech from the Sian?

Same source said likely 2021 reveal as a 2022 model and it will have a naturally aspirated V12 with hybrid powertrain and a dual clutch transmission.  Total expected HP is around 1080 HP!  The design was finalized sometime ago and it has undergone most of its testing.  We will have to wait and see, I suppose...

2 hours ago, Speed Demon said:

You could be right but wouldn't they have used the dual in Sian - massive amount of tech for the hybrid would need to be developed twice but who knows. 

Huge fan of single clutch - have a 16M just to get the last of Ferrari's version also have the Speciale which IMO just makes the car too soft. 

Dual Clutch is heavy - with the race car being announced next month if it has a single clutch then my guess is the next gen AV if it's got a dual then next gen would too. 

I think when we talk next gen different people have different thoughts  as to what the next gen is. I skipped Frankfurt to make the next event in October everything should be settled by then. 

1 hour ago, Speed Demon said:

Same source said likely 2021 reveal as a 2022 model and it will have a naturally aspirated V12 with hybrid powertrain and a dual clutch transmission.  Total expected HP is around 1080 HP!  The design was finalized sometime ago and it has undergone most of its testing.  We will have to wait and see, I suppose...

Agree if next gen is 2022. 

Not sure how long it takes to produce SVJ coupe / roadster plus 81 Sian add some 20ish race cars but guessing before 2022. 

10 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

I for one am glad they put carbon fiber on the Sian ... never been a fan of the Forged Composite, I much prefer clear carbon fiber ... I'm old school probably ^_^

I really tried to like the Forged Carbon - it works on the Performante. Expect a lot of Carbon colors best yet IMO is the Chiron France Edition that steel blue is perfect but Bugatti isn't sharing. 

2 hours ago, Speed Demon said:

That honestly sounds exactly on point with what I'd expect. They are still making Aventador S coupes and roadsters along with the SVJ, when I visited the factory a few months ago I believe it was around 50/50 on the line. If I recall correctly they can finish 3 a day? Some are assuming more special edition AVs but I just dont see that being the case outside of the race version - you don't use JOTA then say "also, MEGAJOTA!" imo. Would LOVE to see what the replacement looks like. 

18 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

If you follow Mitja Borkert he looks long and hard to fit past elements to his new designs. He talks about this often and in Monterey they had artists doing hand drawings making sure those elements were in their drawings. Above the exhaust I never knew about but to see it carried forward works perfect.

mitjaborkert

Wing down—-The fusion of iconic design elements of the #countach and the integration of the extreme aerodynamics within a dramatic exterior was the aim of our new #lamborghini #sian

That twin-turbo white SV was a project build from a member here. The exhaust was designed by his wife; so it wasn't a corporate design element. 

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

That twin-turbo white SV was a project build from a member here. The exhaust was designed by his wife; so it wasn't a corporate design element. 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Teaser for the SVR October event - close up of the photo. 

IMG_2371-2.jpg

IMG_2369-2.jpg

38 minutes ago, CRXLoon said:

O/T, but what DID happen to the 2000bhp NASA-developed SV?

Also, I haven't talked directly with David or Emily in a while, through social media channels a little. But they both appear to be doing quite well and pursuing things they love outside of the car world and enjoying it. I'm happy for them and glad to see them doing new stuff too. 

8 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

Just made a rear render of the Lamborghini Sian Roadster ...

lamborghini_sian_roadster_2.jpg

New side view:

lamborghini_sian_roadster.jpg

Went with Azzuro Thetis this time on silver wheels ...

You sure that Azzuro Thetys? Looks too blue to me, but Azzuro Thetys is a very difficult color get right on renderings. 

On 9/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, APB said:

I thought the SVR is going to be produced by Squadra Corse and not the main factory?

Going to the factory will know more in October - no idea on how many how much etc. 

One more blast from the past - awd brawn!

3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Going to the factory will know more in October - no idea on how many how much etc. 

One more blast from the past - awd brawn!

If you're at the factory find out if they're making a Huracan STS? I keep hearing rumours about a limited edition STS in the works.