New 2022 Lamborghini Aventador hybrid V12

sl55

Very much impressed with the association of FKP who recently passed.

Seeing his name on the Sian represents a whole new level. 

We all know VW just introduced and sold out it's all electric car but given the protests and trade wars etc, it's been a bit rough. 

Glad to see Lamborghini get the honor of FKP 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Makes one wonder about  two extra slots - maybe one for the rear window in a roadster. 

00 -  63 guess this one doesn't count if it's in the museum. 

F0UnF-2HQGWUZhOObNFwCg.jpeg

That must be a old picture because here's a picture from the car at the show...

67980420_256972901925131_832222489381858

First 3D printed parts on a Lambo...

67823977_160025851778825_849837898798780

4 minutes ago, sl55 said:

That must be a old picture because here's a picture from the car at the show...

67980420_256972901925131_832222489381858

First 3D printed parts on a Lambo...

67823977_160025851778825_849837898798780

Looks like the one with blanks was a render.

So they put Automatic cylinder deactivation shut off in one, and the other I can't quite tell. Lane departure warning off?

Love 3d printed stuff, neat to see it making into more vehicles. 

4 hours ago, canyouheminow83 said:

I believe that other switch is for the electrochromic glass in the roof.   Lamborghini mentioned it in their website.

Screenshot_2019-09-11 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37.png

Electrochromic is the glass panel in the roof - the moving surfaces are the four inlets between the engine and active rear wing that open when the engine reaches hot temps and closes with no mechanical assist. 

It was in one of the videos - where they talk about that ventilation system added no weight. 

The lane assist looks very close to what's in the Bentley. 

2017-Bentley-Bentayga-engine-start-and-drive-mode-selection-knob-02.jpg

On 9/11/2019 at 10:50 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

Does Lamborghini ever number their one offs cars or just put 1 of 63 

I heard the Sián will get a plaque stating '1 di 63' and won't be individually numbered ... but you never know, they change things when they want to.

Check the VIP evening videos, there is a tricolore on both sides of the car, while the next day at the press conference they have 'Sián FKP 37' on the driver's side ... changed overnight ...

Even the big boss (Herbert Diess) and most of the VAG board was at the launch of the Sian.  Hopefully the VAG suits loosen the purse strings and give Lamborghini more freedom when it comes to R&D. Lamborghini is on a roll and last thing you want is the bean counters mucking things up.

Screenshot_2019-09-13 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 Unveiling - YouTube.png

4 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

I heard the Sián will get a plaque stating '1 di 63' and won't be individually numbered ... but you never know, they change things when they want to.

Check the VIP evening videos, there is a tricolore on both sides of the car, while the next day at the press conference they have 'Sián FKP 37' on the driver's side ... changed overnight ...

Agree after requesting a number with a response 1 di 63 - my guess is FKP37 was hiding under the tricolore. 

So much term oil over diesel gate etc add FKP's departure prior- Sian FKP 37 dedication may be marketing like Senna but given the loss and timing it's far more significant. 

LSMS :)

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/models/few-off/sian

1 hour ago, Unotaz said:

So what's the MSRP on this thing? 2.6 million? 3 million? 3.6 million? 

2.65 US but that may be a moving target was written awhile back - the debut CEO said 2.5m may be it's based on Euro? 

SVJ 63 Rdstr - 700+ was just published 

2 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

2.65 US but that may be a moving target was written awhile back - the debut CEO said 2.5m may be it's based on Euro? 

SVJ 63 Rdstr - 700+ was just published 

2.65 was the old number when they were asking for deposits back in the days.  From different sources, some are saying 3 million Euro (including VAT) and others say it's 2.5 million pounds.  :eusa_think:

7 hours ago, Unotaz said:

2.65 was the old number when they were asking for deposits back in the days.  From different sources, some are saying 3 million Euro (including VAT) and others say it's 2.5 million pounds.  :eusa_think:

https://www.thenewsmarket.com/global/lamborghini/automobili-lamborghini-honors-ferdinand-k.-pi-ch-with-lamborghini-si-n-fkp-37-unveiled-at-iaa-2019-i/s/1d116395-12e1-45f0-b8bd-f2947f8e043d

Stafano says 2.5M - fwiw 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, sl55 said:

Even the big boss (Herbert Diess) and most of the VAG board was at the launch of the Sian.  Hopefully the VAG suits loosen the purse strings and give Lamborghini more freedom when it comes to R&D. Lamborghini is on a roll and last thing you want is the bean counters mucking things up.

Screenshot_2019-09-13 Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 Unveiling - YouTube.png

People go on about VAG bean counters.   But not the times they input money into Lambo, the output and the ROI.  You don't pour cash down a well.  The Urus is built using a parts catalogue and is one of the most expensive models using that shared platform.  I question the number of dealer sales and the question of actual customer deliveries. 

3 hours ago, capt_chaos said:

People go on about VAG bean counters.   But not the times they input money into Lambo, the output and the ROI.  You don't pour cash down a well.  The Urus is built using a parts catalogue and is one of the most expensive models using that shared platform.  I question the number of dealer sales and the question of actual customer deliveries. 

Lambo doubled the factory and URUS doubled sales - public company can not hide cost and sales.

Disagree URUS is parts bin - Porsche 991 same car 7 generations later and makes 20 of 991 variations those are parts bin cars  price goes from 100 - 400k for the same platform from the same company. 

VAG at the heart are bean counters -  board of directors shareholder company.

Bugatti lost 6.25M on every Veyron - that's a deep well. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Lambo doubled the factory and URUS doubled sales - public company can not hide cost and sales.

Disagree URUS is parts bin - Porsche 991 same car 7 generations later and makes 20 of 991 variations those are parts bin cars  price goes from 100 - 400k for the same platform from the same company. 

VAG at the heart are bean counters -  board of directors shareholder company.

Bugatti lost 6.25M on every Veyron - that's a deep well. 

The Urus is a collection of shared parts, it may be a new vehicle, but it shares a platform with the Q7, the Bentley and Rolls SUV's. It's a high-performance Audi with a Lamborghini body. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend it's something it's not. 

If you are citing the Jalopnik article as a source for Bugatti losing that much money per Veyron, you need to look for new sources. Jalopnik is nothing more than yellow journalism hellbent on sensationalism and bullshit. I went to college with one of the editors whom was a habitual liar and blow hard (Jalopnik was a natural place for them to end up I suppose). 

According to a Business Insider article (all of which is more than 6 years old) the numbers are approximate and according to Bugatti sources "the quoted figures of Bernstein Research are not plausible."

With that in mind, the Veyron hasn't changed terribly much from it's original execution. Sure updates have been had, but have they done that much to the car? From my understanding it's just continued upgrades. The engine structure remains the same, it's a beefed up W16 for the Chiron over the Veyron. So i'd think they are making a healthy margin the more they draw it out and sell "special editions" and that is Winkelmann's specialty.  

45 minutes ago, Destructo said:

The Urus is a collection of shared parts, it may be a new vehicle, but it shares a platform with the Q7, the Bentley and Rolls SUV's. It's a high-performance Audi with a Lamborghini body. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend it's something it's not. 

If you are citing the Jalopnik article as a source for Bugatti losing that much money per Veyron, you need to look for new sources. Jalopnik is nothing more than yellow journalism hellbent on sensationalism and bullshit. I went to college with one of the editors whom was a habitual liar and blow hard (Jalopnik was a natural place for them to end up I suppose). 

According to a Business Insider article (all of which is more than 6 years old) the numbers are approximate and according to Bugatti sources "the quoted figures of Bernstein Research are not plausible."

With that in mind, the Veyron hasn't changed terribly much from it's original execution. Sure updates have been had, but have they done that much to the car? From my understanding it's just continued upgrades. The engine structure remains the same, it's a beefed up W16 for the Chiron over the Veyron. So i'd think they are making a healthy margin the more they draw it out and sell "special editions" and that is Winkelmann's specialty.  

Rolls is owned by BMW, but yes, you are correct about the Urus in my opinion.

Bugatti did not lose $6 million on every Veyron. That is purely headlines for the media based on what is very likely not indicative of GAAP. Veyron margins were very healthy and the Chiron even more so. I'm sure they were technically in the red initially due to capex and R&D, but that red started getting blacker and blacker with each one sold. Add in intangible assets like IP and it looked blacker yet.

The Chiron and it's various high-dollar variants are very far from the clean sheet design and investment required to make the Veyron. That initial investment is now paying dividends just like any business does after start-up costs with long-term business plans. The margins in overall dollar terms are probably mouthwatering. 

We generally know how expensive it is to actually manufacture cars. The manufacturing cost of a Veyron was not $5 million dollars. 

1 hour ago, exitr said:

Rolls is owned by BMW, but yes, you are correct about the Urus in my opinion.

Bugatti did not lose $6 million on every Veyron. That is purely headlines for the media based on what is very likely not indicative of GAAP. Veyron margins were very healthy and the Chiron even more so. I'm sure they were technically in the red initially due to capex and R&D, but that red started getting blacker and blacker with each one sold. Add in intangible assets like IP and it looked blacker yet.

The Chiron and it's various high-dollar variants are very far from the clean sheet design and investment required to make the Veyron. That initial investment is now paying dividends just like any business does after start-up costs with long-term business plans. The margins in overall dollar terms are probably mouthwatering. 

We generally know how expensive it is to actually manufacture cars. The manufacturing cost of a Veyron was not $5 million dollars. 

I don't read Jalopnik - I do read financials and when you take production of the Veyron vs costs it lost that much -  not a discussion it's a fact with a twist at the end. 

The twist - Winkelman made a more expensive car and found customers willing to spend 5-10m turning  things around.

Bugatti SUV and it seems close to arrival just like Ferrari Rolls etc it's the car they all didn't want but need. 

VAG is now asking it's partners to help with diesel gate - Bugatti being one add the tariffs slow down of other countries car sales electric VAG is concerned how long they have and were contemplating splitting selling etc. 

URUS - engine suspension electronics body it's sales reflect it's individual build. 

Own a V12 Bentayga and will buy a URUS when the next special version comes out  with a little more heritage. 

I really hate opinions of stuff vs driving owning enthusiasts sharing uplifting events etc. 

Why this forum is dead set on tearing Lamborghini down on every model is beyond me - next I assure it's not true the brand is loved but it is my opinion of which was made from reading this forum 

Where are all the owners posting pictures drives etc???????

12 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I don't read Jalopnik - I do read financials and when you take production of the Veyron vs costs it lost that much -  not a discussion it's a fact with a twist at the end. 

The twist - Winkelman made a more expensive car and found customers willing to spend 5-10m turning  things around.

Bugatti SUV and it seems close to arrival just like Ferrari Rolls etc it's the car they all didn't want but need. 

VAG is now asking it's partners to help with diesel gate - Bugatti being one add the tariffs slow down of other countries car sales electric VAG is concerned how long they have and were contemplating splitting selling etc. 

URUS - engine suspension electronics body it's sales reflect it's individual build. 

Own a V12 Bentayga and will buy a URUS when the next special version comes out  with a little more heritage. 

I really hate opinions of stuff vs driving owning enthusiasts sharing uplifting events etc. 

Why this forum is dead set on tearing Lamborghini down on every model is beyond me - next I assure it's not true the brand is loved but it is my opinion of which was made from reading this forum 

1600+ SVJ owners - where are those posts 

URUS owners - same 

Performante- same

EVO - same 

Sian - same 

Would love to see reality vs opinion. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

You are right, I am not an owner.  I am not actually tearing any Lambo model down.  The Urus is a shared platform, it has shared components in its interior and the engine features not just in VAG SUV but other variants.  Yet it is the most expensive car with that engine in it.   MY point is that so many people refer to the parent company as bean counters etc, yet they are in it for the long haul.  I have repeatedly stated in here the models they have produced and now the financial results.  But they are still not going to throw money around like drunken sailors in a port.  

The current market dictates that the flagship model for Lambo has to have a V12 yet to engineer one,  chassis gearbox etc is costly especially when it cannot be shared in any other platform.  Yet people say it is bean counters.  I understand the board's problem, otherwise would do well to understand them to.

What I am questioning is how many Urus sales are true end customer sales. 

3 hours ago, capt_chaos said:

What I am questioning is how many Urus sales are true end customer sales. 

Good point. Lambo SpA always hoses the dealers. You don't want delivery of 10 weird Huracan iterations? Then you don't get your 3 SVJ allocations. And you get passed up the next time an LE is in production. 

Lambo claimed the SV and SVJ were sold out. For a fact, multiple dealers - if they were allowed - would state that certainly was the case if by "sold out" one meant dealerships were forced to take allocations without deposits.

Urus is definitely selling. Only car I see coming and going at the dealers. See them all over.  Personally Im a big fan of them.  On the flip side you never see any Bentayga or Cullinan.