New 2022 Lamborghini Aventador hybrid V12

sl55

1 hour ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Urus is definitely selling. Only car I see coming and going at the dealers. See them all over.  Personally Im a big fan of them.  On the flip side you never see any Bentayga or Cullinan. 

Yup, every time I visit my dealer there's someone putting a deposit down, doing a test drive or getting general calls asking about the Urus.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't wait for the configurator!

Destructo, one site suggestion I have...would it be possible to add a "like" button to the posts?

18 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I don't read Jalopnik - I do read financials and when you take production of the Veyron vs costs it lost that much -  not a discussion it's a fact with a twist at the end. 

The twist - Winkelman made a more expensive car and found customers willing to spend 5-10m turning  things around.

Bugatti SUV and it seems close to arrival just like Ferrari Rolls etc it's the car they all didn't want but need. 

VAG is now asking it's partners to help with diesel gate - Bugatti being one add the tariffs slow down of other countries car sales electric VAG is concerned how long they have and were contemplating splitting selling etc. 

URUS - engine suspension electronics body it's sales reflect it's individual build. 

Own a V12 Bentayga and will buy a URUS when the next special version comes out  with a little more heritage. 

I really hate opinions of stuff vs driving owning enthusiasts sharing uplifting events etc. 

Why this forum is dead set on tearing Lamborghini down on every model is beyond me - next I assure it's not true the brand is loved but it is my opinion of which was made from reading this forum 

Where are all the owners posting pictures drives etc???????

I suppose I should clear the air here a second.

If you are coming here looking for a place full of "yes men" who tow the company line that the latest thing they make it "THE GREATEST" Lamborghini made yet, or a place where a brand we all love and enjoy, is without criticism, you are gravely mistaken. If all you want is rainbow's and unicorn farts about these cars, this is most definitely the wrong place for you.

A lot of people new to the brand are VERY excited about it and don't like to see any negative things about it because they take it as a personal attack. Usually because they haven't been around long enough to be through some cycles of the company. But as with anything in life, it's the ying and the yang. The good and the bad, the bitter and the sweet. You can't have one without the other. If all you wanted were glowing car reviews with nary a criticism or critique or suggestion for an alternative, then you're delusional and only looking to perpetuate a fantasy that is not rooted in reality. 

That being said, there are plenty of buyers who are willing to believe whatever the marketing department tells them is special and willing to shell out large sums of cash because they were "told it's special from the factory." That's great and corporate loves that! As they should, it's a cash cow and they end up usually being the loudest in the room bragging about their "special" car in a room full of people with more impressive inventory. 

Now that we've cleared that up, many of us here (owners and non-owners alike, myself being in the latter) love the brand but aren't blind to it's faults. We're actually working on putting together an official review of an Urus for the site as we speak, and are very excited about it. So if you think that this site and its members are hellbent on tearing the brand down I can't help you.  If you can't accept criticism of something strictly because you like it, I can't help you. And if you are upset by any of this, again, I can't help you. 

But if you can tolerate others with a differing opinion from yours, and are open to the fact that nothing here is infallible and without fault, and if you can have a thick skin, then by all means, welcome to the bullpen.  

3 hours ago, sl55 said:

Can't wait for the configurator!

Destructo, one site suggestion I have...would it be possible to add a "like" button to the posts?

Good idea! I'll look into it. I believe it can happen if you log in via a social channel like Facebook, but it posts the persons account name, which not everyone is cool with. Let me do some digging and see what is available.

15 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

Just wanted to let you know ... configurator is almost done :P

sian_front.jpg75 exterior shades in the making ...

OMG! Can't wait. 

Aventador replacement won’t come with Sian’s innovative supercapacitor tech...

Lamborghini stole much of the limelight at the Frankfurt motor show with its gorgeous low-volume Sian (pictured), but its innovative supercapacitor-equipped hybrid powertrain won’t carry through to the successor for the Aventador.

Speaking to carsales.com.au at the Frankfurt motor show, Lamborghini chief technical officer Maurizio Reggiani said: “While the supercapacitor delivers a lot of efficiency in terms of minimal weight penalty, the only problem is that it’s focused on power – it adds 34 horsepower while weighing just 34kg – and not on range.

“With a supercapacitor you can accumulate in the same space three times as much power as a battery. However, it’s clear that at the moment a supercapacitor cannot guarantee that you have the range to do even 5-10km in full-electric mode. The storage is not enough.

“For the Sian, given that it was the first application of hybridisation in a Lamborghini it was more important to say what is the DNA of a supersport car. So, the focus was to improve the performance while being as light and compact as possible. The answer to this was the supercapacitor.

“The 63 customers who will get the Sian will be able to experience that it has something more [performance-wise]. Unlike with other 48-volt mild hybrid systems, we chose to have mechanical traction rather than storing electric energy.”

According to Reggiani, the Sian’s electrified powertrain also fills in the gaps in torque delivery during upshifts with the dated ISR single-clutch sequential gearbox, creating the illusion of a seamless transmission.

While the supercapacitor set-up was deemed appropriate for the limited-edition Sian, Reggiani says it won’t be applicable to the eventual replacement for the long-serving Aventador.

“With a car that sells in the volumes that the Aventador does, there is another point that you need to take in consideration that relates to CO2 emissions. If you want to attack CO2, you need to have a battery that guarantees a certain range of full-electric mobility. With the supercapacitor as it is today, you cannot have this.”

Although Reggiani concedes the supercapacitor formula could be developed in time to be workable, he says a plug-in hybrid with a lithium-ion battery is the likely solution for the Aventador successor. While this entails a much heftier weight penalty than the Sian’s supercapacitor, tightening emission laws make it an inevitability.

But you needn’t be concerned about the future of that magnificently raucous V12, because it’s in no danger of being usurped by a greener twin-turbo V8 unit.

“If we talk about the Aventador, this is our flagship, and with the naturally aspirated V12 it represents the perfect marriage,” Reggiani says. “Lamborghini was born with the V12, and this the only engine that has remained throughout the entire history of the brand. It must remain also for the future.

“But if we talk about the lower car [ie Huracan replacement], it’s clear that everything can be discussed. We need to see what’s the best solution, also in terms of weight reduction and packaging reduction. The V10 can be one solution, but a twin-turbo V8 can be another.”

Some economies of scale will come into play as Reggiani says whatever hybridisation solution is developed for the Aventador successor will also be transferable to the next-gen Huracan. “This can be part of a platform strategy of electrification of a supersport Lamborghini,” he says.

Lamborghini currently has to bear the costs of supporting two entirely different platforms as the carbonfibre-chassis Aventador is fabricated entirely in-house, while the aluminium/carbonfibre chassis of the Huracan is sourced from parent company Audi, which uses the same hardware for the R8.

As for the ISR single-clutch transmission that currently serves in the Aventador, its shortcomings may be masked by the supercapacitor and electric motor in the Sian, but Reggiani says the next-gen car will need to have a dual-clutch gearbox.

Some reports have suggested the V12 engine in the Aventador replacement could be supplemented by as many as three electric motors, which, when added to the bulky lithium-ion battery pack, would make the car both complex and weighty.

While the impending hybridisation will add substantially to the girth of Lamborghini’s next-gen cars, Reggiani says a concerted effort to save every gram possible throughout the rest of the vehicle will offset some of the gain.

“I’ve also given my engineers the target of dramatically improving the chassis control,” he says. “You remember the first time you drove the Aventador S with its rear-wheel steering? This was a big step forward in terms of giving the perception of less weight in the car. More and more, with the control of all four wheels it will be possible to do something similar in the future.

“So, even if the car increases in weight, the important thing is that customer should perceive that they are driving an agile car that does what they want it to do.”

However, active aero systems such as the ‘ALA’ aero vectoring that featured in the Huracan Performante and Aventador SVJ won’t filter in across the next-generation range as these features will again be reserved for the more extreme limited-edition models.

Another key area – apart from CO2 emission-reduction – where Reggiani is targeting a big step forward with the Aventador replacement are in terms of everyday usability.

“Roominess is important because this is one of the major expectations of our customers,” he says. “We have one car worldwide and there are some countries where this limitation [ie lack of space in the current model] is really perceivable.

“In comparison to the current Aventador we need to provide much more in terms of comfort, for example in smoothness of gearshifting. Yet we need to guarantee that the sporting DNA of the car remains as it is today or will be improved even further.

“These two targets are opposite to each other but we need to satisfy both so that anyone who drives the car says, ‘Yeah, this is a true Lamborghini and a worthy successor to the Aventador’.”

Reggiani is emphatic that the Aventador replacement will retain the existing car’s brutal charm, even if it makes some concessions in terms of user-friendliness: “We always say the Aventador is a car for real males, while the Huracan is a car for everybody. This will always remain the case.”

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/v12-plug-in-hybrid-for-lamborghini-aventador-successor-120609/

4 hours ago, sl55 said:

Aventador replacement won’t come with Sian’s innovative supercapacitor tech...

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/v12-plug-in-hybrid-for-lamborghini-aventador-successor-120609/

Wow!!!  This is incredibly informative and interesting!  Thank you for sharing!  

On 9/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

Urus is definitely selling. Only car I see coming and going at the dealers. See them all over.  Personally Im a big fan of them.  On the flip side you never see any Bentayga or Cullinan. 

Never :) something to be said for V12 SUV. 

URUS has an LM version - limited not sure how many assume each dealer gets 2-3. 

IMG_0744.jpg

On 9/14/2019 at 6:40 PM, porter said:

Good point. Lambo SpA always hoses the dealers. You don't want delivery of 10 weird Huracan iterations? Then you don't get your 3 SVJ allocations. And you get passed up the next time an LE is in production. 

Lambo claimed the SV and SVJ were sold out. For a fact, multiple dealers - if they were allowed - would state that certainly was the case if by "sold out" one meant dealerships were forced to take allocations without deposits.

I did not see it that way at the dealers with SVJ's. 

What I did see - dealers with  upgraded or have stand alone showrooms received the first SVJ allocations - those dealers put no name on allocations and charged ADM 

Same will happen with the SVJ roadster - agree who knows what sold out means- seems dealers are willing to take the risk in hopes to gain ADM. 

Ferrari SF90 812 Speider certainly had people moving deposits - Aston 003 said sold out and there are still slots today. 

There are a lot of special cars coming out - at some point I wonder how many will makes it - Aston needs Mercedes to take them over. 

Sian slots are being listed for sale - not sure how but they are listed. Porsche dealers on LE's go thru "brokers" too many games flipping etc. 

On 9/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, capt_chaos said:

You are right, I am not an owner.  I am not actually tearing any Lambo model down.  The Urus is a shared platform, it has shared components in its interior and the engine features not just in VAG SUV but other variants.  Yet it is the most expensive car with that engine in it.   MY point is that so many people refer to the parent company as bean counters etc, yet they are in it for the long haul.  I have repeatedly stated in here the models they have produced and now the financial results.  But they are still not going to throw money around like drunken sailors in a port.  

The current market dictates that the flagship model for Lambo has to have a V12 yet to engineer one,  chassis gearbox etc is costly especially when it cannot be shared in any other platform.  Yet people say it is bean counters.  I understand the board's problem, otherwise would do well to understand them to.

What I am questioning is how many Urus sales are true end customer sales. 

Agree and prefer V12's but local dealer sells them as soon as they arrive. 

On 9/15/2019 at 8:55 PM, Destructo said:

I suppose I should clear the air here a second.

If you are coming here looking for a place full of "yes men" who tow the company line that the latest thing they make it "THE GREATEST" Lamborghini made yet, or a place where a brand we all love and enjoy, is without criticism, you are gravely mistaken. If all you want is rainbow's and unicorn farts about these cars, this is most definitely the wrong place for you.

A lot of people new to the brand are VERY excited about it and don't like to see any negative things about it because they take it as a personal attack. Usually because they haven't been around long enough to be through some cycles of the company. But as with anything in life, it's the ying and the yang. The good and the bad, the bitter and the sweet. You can't have one without the other. If all you wanted were glowing car reviews with nary a criticism or critique or suggestion for an alternative, then you're delusional and only looking to perpetuate a fantasy that is not rooted in reality. 

That being said, there are plenty of buyers who are willing to believe whatever the marketing department tells them is special and willing to shell out large sums of cash because they were "told it's special from the factory." That's great and corporate loves that! As they should, it's a cash cow and they end up usually being the loudest in the room bragging about their "special" car in a room full of people with more impressive inventory. 

Now that we've cleared that up, many of us here (owners and non-owners alike, myself being in the latter) love the brand but aren't blind to it's faults. We're actually working on putting together an official review of an Urus for the site as we speak, and are very excited about it. So if you think that this site and its members are hellbent on tearing the brand down I can't help you.  If you can't accept criticism of something strictly because you like it, I can't help you. And if you are upset by any of this, again, I can't help you. 

But if you can tolerate others with a differing opinion from yours, and are open to the fact that nothing here is infallible and without fault, and if you can have a thick skin, then by all means, welcome to the bullpen.  

It's not about being blind - it's about building and sustaining which is what Lamborghini is doing.

I don't care about the Lamborghini' past or I would be posting in older Lambo car threads and buying older cars. 

Anyone can tear things apart which if it's true - go for it! 

Based off my area / dealer they are selling URUS the moment they arrive. In the past 2/3 of Lamborghini's dealer new cars were leaving our area. 

Today 2/3 of Lamborghini's from the dealer are sold local - our Lamborghini club did not exist two years ago and now there are 70 members. 

I am engaged with Lamborghini almost daily - going to the factory to spec a 63 Roadster and Sian plus look at the new track V12. 

Picture says a 1000 words - love this guy signing my SV where we had 30 plus Lambo's on a drive. Being past President of Ferrari club - if it rained no one showed. It rained on Lambo drive everyone showed including a guy signing Lambo's. 

Lamborghini is winning races and building the most exciting cars - it's great to be associated with the brand ... just the way I feel! 

62655191_10218719666607766_7520422438908198912_n.jpg

69299718_10219261810361021_6942585669277450240_n.jpg

14 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

Well done and thank you! 

Have not received any pricing - Centenario 30k US carbon package but not sure what that included. 

4 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Well done and thank you! 

Have not received any pricing - Centenario 30k US carbon package but not sure what that included. 

Thank you.

The €500k option was what I heard in Frankfurt ... wasn't the full carbon fiber body option on the Centenario €300k ?

^300k CF body for Centenario is correct. 

Thanks for an amazing configurator! This time it goes beyond my imagination. 

17 minutes ago, LamboCARS said:

Thank you.

The €500k option was what I heard in Frankfurt ... wasn't the full carbon fiber body option on the Centenario €300k ?

Possible - there are packages lots of new carbon / clear coat options. 

Attempting to find a combination that won't over power the design / lines. 

Call me crazy but I would do white on the Sian, maybe matte white. Looks good with all the carbon/black accents. Blu Cepheus wouldn't look bad either.