New 2022 Lamborghini Aventador hybrid V12

sl55

On 9/20/2019 at 4:31 AM, Nuvolari612 said:

SF90 - 3460 30 pounds lighter than ThethetheFerrari and the SF90 track version sheds 66 pounds don't recall it's name. 

McLaren P1 - 3411 Speedtail 3150 the new GT 3375

Porsche 918 - 3790 GT3RS 3240

Jesko - 3171 

SVJ - 3500 

Huracan V10 next V8TT will compete in the category of proper - a word IMO Lamborghini buyers especially V12 guys do not want to hear. 

LOL, you are really one of those guys who drink the kool-aid that these Italian manufacturers feed you huh?  

Here is my real world corner balance weight number for my 918 Spyder Weissach in my trim with leather everything, stereo and AC: 3702lbs 

You really think the SVJ weighs at 3500lbs? :rolleyes:

And if you think the SVJ did the Ring lap time due to its "lightweight" and ALA aerodynamics, then you certainly don't have any track experience under your belt.  The SVJ did that lap time with the third generation TROFEO R tires, not Corsa.  Forget about the Trofeo R (which was tire used for the record lap), what's even funnier is that Lamborghini doesn't even equip the SVJ here in the US with Corsa tires.  It comes with the standard PZeros :aiwebs_005:

We recently took a bunch of cars to Big Willow and my friend's SVJ in Corsa spec tires (he had to buy the set because Lamborghini refused to put on Corsa tires from the factory for the US) lapped the track 3s slower than his own 991.2 GT2RS (he brought his SVJ, GT2RS and P1).   

P.S. Motor Trend weighed the SVJ when it lapped Big Willow.  In the Motor Trend test, they used the Corsa tires for the SVJ, which lapped the track SLOWER than the GT2RS of 1:21.08.  SVJ lapped the track in 1:24.92.  They also corner balanced the car and weighed the car at, wait for it, 3902lbs!!!  So much for Lamborghini's claim of 3500lbs :eusa_naughty:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/aventador/2019/2019-lamborghini-aventador-svj-first-test-review/

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Unotaz said:

LOL, you are really one of those guys who drink the kool-aid that these Italian manufacturers feed you huh?  

Here is my real world corner balance weight number for my 918 Spyder Weissach in my trim with leather everything, stereo and AC: 3702lbs 

And if you think the SVJ did the Ring lap time due to its "lightweight" and ALA aerodynamics, then you certainly don't have any track experience under your belt.  The SVJ did that lap time with the third generation TROFEO R tires, not Corsa.  Forget about the Trofeo R (which was tire used for the record lap), what's even funnier is that Lamborghini doesn't even equip the SVJ here in the US with Corsa tires.  It comes with the standard PZeros :aiwebs_005:

We recently took a bunch of cars to Big Willow and my friend's SVJ in Corsa spec tires (he had to buy the set because Lamborghini refused to put on Corsa tires from the factory for the US) lapped the track 3s slower than his own 991.2 GT2RS (he brought his SVJ, GT2RS and P1).   

P.S. Motor Trend weighed the SVJ when it lapped Big Willow.  In the Motor Trend test, they used the Corsa tires for the SVJ, which lapped the track SLOWER than the GT2RS of 1:21.08.  SVJ lapped the track in 1:24.92.  They also corner balanced the car and weighed the car at, wait for it, 3902lbs!!!  So much for Lamborghini's claim of 3500lbs :eusa_naughty:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/aventador/2019/2019-lamborghini-aventador-svj-first-test-review/

Unotaz - do you know if the Pirelli Trofeo R tires you can buy in the US from TireRack for both the SVJ and the SV now are in fact the third gen Trofeo Rs that were used in the record Ring lap for the SVJ? 

Link:  https://www.tirerack.com/register/index.jsp?vehicleName=&saveToWishList=&newDesktop=true 

2 hours ago, Unotaz said:

With how much gas :) 

Believe it or not - the only way i learn is by guys like you posting real numbers. All the 918 owners started their own FB page so us on the outside don't know good or bad a thing about the 918 after their Ring runs. 

As far as the SJV - do you know it doesn't? I said that it's doubtful but was there scales when you or whoever raced one another (cough) bs I mean tracked really hard at 8/10ths :)

Maybe he was a shit driver - can we see the video por fa vor. 

I don't have a ton of track time but enough to know a race car car is set up to run each and every time for that track. Some cars are better some are worse depending on a lot of conditions. 

Look - you don't reduce time by 15 seconds of which you called the SV times fake with tires - that is just ridiculous to think it's worth more than 4-5 seconds. 

Curious have you ever raced? Not tracked in a pedestrian car but raced wheel to wheel bumping diving corners blocking. If you have I would be willing to buy an SVJ coupe and race you for pinks :) kidding or maybe not against your 918. 

As for me - the last guy to drink Kool Aid - ask anyone who knows me if I push my cars or race with my own skin in the game - could care less what a factory states it's all talk until you go racing.  Going on a track in a passenger car is bs - never have I seen a pro driver push a pedestrian car that costs over 100k let alone 6 - 1m. 

Bottom line - they are all just numbers until you line them up. I like 1/4 mile runs but love real footage. 

Again - please post the videos. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

With how much gas :) 

Believe it or not - the only way i learn is by guys like you posting real numbers. All the 918 owners started their own FB page so us on the outside don't know good or bad a thing about the 918 after their Ring runs. 

As far as the SJV - do you know it doesn't? I said that it's doubtful but was there scales when you or whoever raced one another (cough) bs I mean tracked really hard at 8/10ths :)

Maybe he was a shit driver - can we see the video por fa vor. 

I don't have a ton of track time but enough to know a race car car is set up to run each and every time for that track. Some cars are better some are worse depending on a lot of conditions. 

Look - you don't reduce time by 15 seconds of which you called the SV times fake with tires - that is just ridiculous to think it's worth more than 4-5 seconds. 

Curious have you ever raced? Not tracked in a pedestrian car but raced wheel to wheel bumping diving corners blocking. If you have I would be willing to buy an SVJ coupe and race you for pinks :) kidding or maybe not against your 918. 

As for me - the last guy to drink Kool Aid - ask anyone who knows me if I push my cars or race with my own skin in the game - could care less what a factory states it's all talk until you go racing.  Going on a track in a passenger car is bs - never have I seen a pro driver push a pedestrian car that costs over 100k let alone 6 - 1m. 

Bottom line - they are all just numbers until you line them up. I like 1/4 mile runs but love real footage. 

Again - please post the videos. 

I currently have a GT3 Cup car that I participate a few races in the IMSA series as AM.  I used to race in the Ferrari Challenge series a few years ago.  I'm not a great driver, but at least I have the experience to dissect the BS from manufacturer's claims.  I also have very good contacts within Pirelli and Michelin corporate, so I know what's going on these Ring lap times, like which manufacturers constantly use "special" tires for these timed runs and which manufacturers uses real production tires.  

I used my friend's lap time difference as an example to show you the difference between the two cars with the same driver.  Sure, he's not a PRO (a sh*t driver according to you, lol), but how do you explain the lap time difference between the SVJ and the GT2RS that was driven by the PRO driver Randy Pobst at Motor Trend?  How about the 3902 lbs weight?  You can't, can you?

Like I have said in the previous post, the Ring lap time comes down to tires.  Car technology hasn't changed that much in the last 5 years, so if you strap a third generation Trofeo R tires to a 918 Spyder and run it again at the Ring, it will be lapping very closely to the 6:45-6:48 mark.  In fact, Porsche tested the 918 Spyder at the Ring when they were doing the record run for the GT2RS on the Cup 2 R tires.  It came within 1.5s of the GT2RS record lap and this was done without roll cage and no preparation.  Not too shabby for a heavy car that came out 7 years ago.  

While you are correct in your statement that every car is set up differently, so some tracks are better suited to certain cars, but a fast car is a fast car everywhere.  Let's take the 918 Spyder for example and compare it to the P1.  These two cars were the direct rivals of each other during their heydays.  While 918 dominated the P1 on most tracks, the lap time difference between the  two is very small (most of the time, less than 1s apart).  918 is NOT 3-4s faster than the P1 or vice versa.  

You can keep on arguing with baseless claims that keeps going around in circles, but the fact of the matter is, you can't explain why the SVJ is so slow in real world tests or the fact that you can't even purchase the tire that they used at the Ring from your local Lamborghini dealer.  Lamborghini won't even sell you those Trofeo R tires.   They will tell you to buy the Corsa tires, which is a crap tire as a whole.  So essentially, they sold you a "record breaking" car in a spec that isn't "record breaking" and tell you that you can't even get it in the same "record breaking" spec even if you wanted to :eusa_dance:  

2 hours ago, Speed Demon said:

Unotaz - do you know if the Pirelli Trofeo R tires you can buy in the US from TireRack for both the SVJ and the SV now are in fact the third gen Trofeo Rs that were used in the record Ring lap for the SVJ? 

Link:  https://www.tirerack.com/register/index.jsp?vehicleName=&saveToWishList=&newDesktop=true 

I just had dinner with Marco this past weekend at a Ferrari function and new generation Trofeo R won't be available until late next year.  

1 hour ago, Unotaz said:

I currently have a GT3 Cup car that I participate a few races in the IMSA series as AM.  I used to race in the Ferrari Challenge series a few years ago.  I'm not a great driver, but at least I have the experience to dissect the BS from manufacturer's claims.  I also have very good contacts within Pirelli and Michelin corporate, so I know what's going on these Ring lap times, like which manufacturers constantly use "special" tires for these timed runs and which manufacturers uses real production tires.  

I used my friend's lap time difference as an example to show you the difference between the two cars with the same driver.  Sure, he's not a PRO (a sh*t driver according to you, lol), but how do you explain the lap time difference between the SVJ and the GT2RS that was driven by the PRO driver Randy Pobst at Motor Trend?  How about the 3902 lbs weight?  You can't, can you?

Like I have said in the previous post, the Ring lap time comes down to tires.  Car technology hasn't changed that much in the last 5 years, so if you strap a third generation Trofeo R tires to a 918 Spyder and run it again at the Ring, it will be lapping very closely to the 6:45-6:48 mark.  In fact, Porsche tested the 918 Spyder at the Ring when they were doing the record run for the GT2RS on the Cup 2 R tires.  It came within 1.5s of the GT2RS record lap and this was done without roll cage and no preparation.  Not too shabby for a heavy car that came out 7 years ago.  

While you are correct in your statement that every car is set up differently, so some tracks are better suited to certain cars, but a fast car is a fast car everywhere.  Let's take the 918 Spyder for example and compare it to the P1.  These two cars were the direct rivals of each other during their heydays.  While 918 dominated the P1 on most tracks, the lap time difference between the  two is very small (most of the time, less than 1s apart).  918 is NOT 3-4s faster than the P1 or vice versa.  

You can keep on arguing with baseless claims that keeps going around in circles, but the fact of the matter is, you can't explain why the SVJ is so slow in real world tests or the fact that you can't even purchase the tire that they used at the Ring from your local Lamborghini dealer.  Lamborghini won't even sell you those Trofeo R tires.   They will tell you to buy the Corsa tires, which is a crap tire as a whole.  So essentially, they sold you a "record breaking" car in a spec that isn't "record breaking" and tell you that you can't even get it in the same "record breaking" spec even if you wanted to :eusa_dance:  

Ok so your 918 came with an F1 team and a stack of computers on the passenger seat (you knew that was next) as did i about tires but I feel more comfortable defending SV SVJ  over 918 with a stack of computers an F1 team days of practice and cars to run I mean (cough) prototypes that were running :) even you can not defend prototypes and me being a Viper owner they cleaned the 918s clock. Full circle was that the tires too with a low budget team. 

You spend time on other forums and are in the industry - I am not in the industry nor have I found a forum with real driver experiences but assure you I can drive a car at 8/10th's and be laughed at by a pro driver at 10/10th's it's a whole different world of balls that I do not own at best maybe I can get 9/10ths in a race car which is still 10% less than a pro.

Many times you have said you have not found the SV SVJ to go as fast as the factory - owning the SV with race exhaust and a Viper that ran similar times at the Ring are dead close on track with my skills. Good or bad I just don't believe people that state the SV or SVJ isn't fast with a non pro driver. 9/10th's driver willl get lapped by a 10/10th's driver so unless you have a pro on track the argument isn't valid. 

Porsche has way more track drivers than Lambo and they know how to tweak their cars - Lambo track drivers aren't going out in an AV it's the Huracan and they are killing it. Which is my next series / goal to race with. 

6 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Ok so your 918 came with an F1 team and a stack of computers on the passenger seat (you knew that was next) as did i about tires but I feel more comfortable defending SV SVJ  over 918 with a stack of computers an F1 team days of practice and cars to run I mean (cough) prototypes that were running :) even you can not defend prototypes and me being a Viper owner they cleaned the 918s clock. Full circle was that the tires too with a low budget team. 

You spend time on other forums and are in the industry - I am not in the industry nor have I found a forum with real driver experiences but assure you I can drive a car at 8/10th's and be laughed at by a pro driver at 10/10th's it's a whole different world of balls that I do not own at best maybe I can get 9/10ths in a race car which is still 10% less than a pro.

Many times you have said you have not found the SV SVJ to go as fast as the factory - owning the SV with race exhaust and a Viper that ran similar times at the Ring are dead close on track with my skills. Good or bad I just don't believe people that state the SV or SVJ isn't fast with a non pro driver. 9/10th's driver willl get lapped by a 10/10th's driver so unless you have a pro on track the argument isn't valid. 

Porsche has way more track drivers than Lambo and they know how to tweak their cars - Lambo track drivers aren't going out in an AV it's the Huracan and they are killing it. Which is my next series / goal to race with. 

Is it me or is this hard to read? Too many run-on sentences and incoherent thoughts all wrapped together.

First of all, Porsche doesn't have a F1 team.  

Second, when manufacturers go for a record attempt at the Ring (Lamborghinis included), they always use roll cage and have a stack of computers on the passenger side.  Go look at your SVJ Ring car and start counting the number of computers on the passenger side footwell space.  Just because it's not on the passenger seat, doesn't mean it's not there.  Oh, they also removed a few interior panels on that SVJ test car.  I guess it's to save weight? :badgrin:

Third, don't divert my questions by introducing another topic on the Viper.  Your SVJ Ring specification isn't available on the production cars.  Your SVJ weighs at 3902lbs in the real world compared to the so claimed 3500lbs and so far, nobody was able to lap the SVJ faster than the GT2RS in the real world using Pro drivers at the wheel.  

Fourth, since you have no racing experience, I can tell you that the average driver's perception of 8/10th is not actual 8/10th.  More like 5/10th but I digress.

Lastly, going back to your assertion about the Viper.  The Viper uses a super sticky Kuhmo tire but at least the car comes with it straight from the factory.  The Viper ACR is a fast car, full stop.   It broke a lot of track records everywhere it went.  Going back to my statement in my last post, a fast car is a fast car everywhere.  Just like the 918 Spyder, which is fast everywhere it went, the Viper is fast everywhere it went as well.  So how about your SVJ?  Is it breaking any records on other tracks other than the Ring?  Can you order your SVJ with the Trofeo R tires that they used at the Ring test? No? Why not? How come it's only fast at the Ring and nowhere else? ALA only works at the Ring? LOL :jackoff:

P.S.  I like my Lamborghinis and the SVJ.  But I think most people on this forum can clearly see from Novulari612's past statements, this guy doesn't have a clue when it comes to facts and reality.  Sian is a cool car, but it's no hypercar and I think everyone here can clearly see that, except Novulari612.  Of course, he's got skin in the game with the Sian and the SVJ63, the super limited collector edition Aventador.  That is, until Lamborghini rolls out a final edition Aventador....

True, but to claim SVJ hasn't broken more track records outside the Ring is false. 

I can provide you two examples (one contains a Ferrari press car on near-slicks) it did outside the Ring. 

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/bz2agg20rouo

Minus your typical Ferrari press car on near slicks. It is the fastest production car there. 

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/7fsngh20d3up

1. What does all these tracks have in common with each other, including the Ring? No tight corners and long straights. Also more or less a lot of space. 

2. Aventador is a big car, that's why you don't see it break any record on tracks with tight corners and without long straights. Even in SVJ form it is a dinosaur there. Also it weights a lot more than 3500, more in line with 3800-900 with everything. 

3. Tires have the biggest impact in lap times. Trofeo Rs are simply nowhere as good as Cup 2 Rs on the track. Even the next generation ones. As it has been proven before take those away from the GT2 RS, 488 Pista and AMG GT-R Pro and they will be slower on track than a Performante and a 720S on Trofeo Rs and even Corsas. Also Cup 2r tires are extremely dangerous in damp/rainy weather conditions, to the point where the car becomes undrivable. That's not the case with Trofeo Rs even though they are slippy in the rain. 

Also it is actually as much dealer's fault as it is Lamborghini's regarding no Trofeo Rs on the SVJ on customer cars. 

10 hours ago, Unotaz said:

Is it me or is this hard to read? Too many run-on sentences and incoherent thoughts all wrapped together.

Fourth, since you have no racing experience, I can tell you that the average driver's perception of 8/10th is not actual 8/10th.  More like 5/10th but I digress.

It's not just you, he writes like he's having a seizure.

I also laughed when he wrote about driving 8 or 9/10ths. What a joke. He can also run at 9/10ths Usain Bolt because he owns a pair of spiked Pumas. I've seen guys show up every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, to open track days religiously and not get above 5 or 6/10ths. It may not have dawned on him that like every other activity you cannot progress past your natural limits. You can play basketball everyday and you'll never be Michael Jordan. 

11 hours ago, Unotaz said:

First of all, Porsche doesn't have a F1 team.  

Second, when manufacturers go for a record attempt at the Ring (Lamborghinis included), they always use roll cage and have a stack of computers on the passenger side.  Go look at your SVJ Ring car and start counting the number of computers on the passenger side footwell space.  Just because it's not on the passenger seat, doesn't mean it's not there.  Oh, they also removed a few interior panels on that SVJ test car.  I guess it's to save weight? :badgrin:

Third, don't divert my questions by introducing another topic on the Viper.  Your SVJ Ring specification isn't available on the production cars.  Your SVJ weighs at 3902lbs in the real world compared to the so claimed 3500lbs and so far, nobody was able to lap the SVJ faster than the GT2RS in the real world using Pro drivers at the wheel.  

Lastly, going back to your assertion about the Viper.  The Viper uses a super sticky Kuhmo tire but at least the car comes with it straight from the factory.  The Viper ACR is a fast car, full stop.   It broke a lot of track records everywhere it went.  Going back to my statement in my last post, a fast car is a fast car everywhere.  Just like the 918 Spyder, which is fast everywhere it went, the Viper is fast everywhere it went as well.  So how about your SVJ?  Is it breaking any records on other tracks other than the Ring?  Can you order your SVJ with the Trofeo R tires that they used at the Ring test? No? Why not? How come it's only fast at the Ring and nowhere else? ALA only works at the Ring? LOL :jackoff:

P.S.  I like my Lamborghinis and the SVJ.  But I think most people on this forum can clearly see from Novulari612's past statements, this guy doesn't have a clue when it comes to facts and reality.  Sian is a cool car, but it's no hypercar and I think everyone here can clearly see that, except Novulari612.  Of course, he's got skin in the game with the Sian and the SVJ63, the super limited collector edition Aventador.  That is, until Lamborghini rolls out a final edition Aventador....

I have not received my SVJ - it will be a roadster with tires that can be used year round. 

Fast car is a fast car everywhere - when you want to take 10th's into account post a video and we can see where it is faster than another. 

I have raced in CCR etc had a 360 Challenge car because anything else was to hard to service where I live. Living in the midwest doesn't allow a lot of track race times like you or whomever lives near a track. 

Apologies for my typing - we go back a long way in fact I helped you with your 918 purchase! 

I don't know or care if Lamborghini will roll out another AV - you don't know either we exchanged pm's over the Sian and now you attack me as if I am a stranger. 

You were going to order an SVJ - you pulled back for whatever reason after you stated it was going to be the best drivers car. 

You get pissy every time I put down the 918 or your private fb 918 club add computers etc. 

Unlike you I did not attack you simply share or learn about Lamborghini - headed to the factory to spec Sian 63 roadster and look at their new V12 track car and their series. 

Now if you and Porter would like to take cheap shots at my  writing skills go ahead :) could care less. 

As far as my driving skills - after having cancer few years ago they have digressed and took a few steps back from danger. 

1 hour ago, porter said:

It's not just you, he writes like he's having a seizure.

I also laughed when he wrote about driving 8 or 9/10ths. What a joke. He can also run at 9/10ths Usain Bolt because he owns a pair of spiked Pumas. I've seen guys show up every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, to open track days religiously and not get above 5 or 6/10ths. It may not have dawned on him that like every other activity you cannot progress past your natural limits. You can play basketball everyday and you'll never be Michael Jordan. 

wow - you waited in the bushes that long and this was all you got. 

You reference two greats who not only rose to the top but stayed on top but they aged out - what's your excuse :)

3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

wow - you waited in the bushes that long and this was all you got. 

You reference two greats who not only rose to the top but stayed on top but they aged out - what's your excuse :)

Are you autistic?

17 minutes ago, porter said:

Are you autistic?

You are the one watching guys show up to open track - lol it's what you do ... watch 

i came here to see Lambo cars version of the Sian - for that I am thankful. 

No others are posting about buying spec etc on a Sian - thought I could share without your foul child posts. 

Unotaz - I appreciate all the help with Sian! Not sure if you put the connection together doesn't matter other than you belong here and I do not. 

24 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

You are the one watching guys show up to open track - lol it's what you do ... watch 

i came here to see Lambo cars version of the Sian - for that I am thankful. 

No others are posting about buying spec etc on a Sian - thought I could share without your foul child posts. 

Unotaz - I appreciate all the help with Sian! Not sure if you put the connection together doesn't matter other than you belong here and I do not. 

No one cares, Nancy. The only thing we agree on is that you don't belong here. 

8 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I have not received my SVJ - it will be a roadster with tires that can be used year round. 

Fast car is a fast car everywhere - when you want to take 10th's into account post a video and we can see where it is faster than another. 

I have raced in CCR etc had a 360 Challenge car because anything else was to hard to service where I live. Living in the midwest doesn't allow a lot of track race times like you or whomever lives near a track. 

Apologies for my typing - we go back a long way in fact I helped you with your 918 purchase! 

I don't know or care if Lamborghini will roll out another AV - you don't know either we exchanged pm's over the Sian and now you attack me as if I am a stranger. 

You were going to order an SVJ - you pulled back for whatever reason after you stated it was going to be the best drivers car. 

You get pissy every time I put down the 918 or your private fb 918 club add computers etc. 

Unlike you I did not attack you simply share or learn about Lamborghini - headed to the factory to spec Sian 63 roadster and look at their new V12 track car and their series. 

Now if you and Porter would like to take cheap shots at my  writing skills go ahead :) could care less. 

As far as my driving skills - after having cancer few years ago they have digressed and took a few steps back from danger. 

A couple of things to clear the air.  

1. I'm not attacking you, but merely separating the facts from mere "assumptions."  I love all types of cars, but I try to avoid drinking their Kool-Aid.  The SVJ, based on what I know, used special tires on the Ring run and hence, it's not as dominating as it should have on other tracks.  To make things worse, Lamborghini won't even let you spec the Trofeo R from the factory.  Any car that dominates the Ring should pretty much dominate everywhere else, or at least be within a few tenths of the record holder on every track around the world.   My critique of the SVJ is simply on the Ring record claim.  I think SVJ is a great car, all the power and beautiful in one package.  

2. Using the 918 computer as an example, it's an industry fact that for every record attempt, manufacturers add roll cage and data telemetry computers onto the cars to collect information and send it back to the pit in real time.  Porsche does it, Lamborghini does it.  So when you keep going back to it, I find it very childish.  

3. I did put down a deposit for the SVJ but then I drove a pre-production prototype when I was in Italy visiting Ferrari and the Lamborghini factory.  Lamborghini invited me to look at the Sian (or at the time with the code name LB48H).  I was disappointed with the pre-production SVJ that I drove and I asked my deposit to be returned from my dealer when I got back.  I later drove my friend's SVJ in Blu Cepheus (beautiful color by the way) and I wished they kept the high pitch sound of the SV on the SVJ.  

4. Thank you for helping me with the 918 Spyder when I was collecting information about it back in the days.  And because of that, I really hope you make a smart financial decision on the Sian.  It's a big risk with potentially very little upside.  2.5-3.0 million is big bucks to spend on a car, and I sincerely think the Project 1 or the Aston Martin Valkyrie is the smarter choice.  On the other hand, I think your SVJ63 Roadster is a safe bet. 

16 hours ago, APB said:

True, but to claim SVJ hasn't broken more track records outside the Ring is false. 

I can provide you two examples (one contains a Ferrari press car on near-slicks) it did outside the Ring. 

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/bz2agg20rouo

Minus your typical Ferrari press car on near slicks. It is the fastest production car there. 

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/7fsngh20d3up

1. What does all these tracks have in common with each other, including the Ring? No tight corners and long straights. Also more or less a lot of space. 

2. Aventador is a big car, that's why you don't see it break any record on tracks with tight corners and without long straights. Even in SVJ form it is a dinosaur there. Also it weights a lot more than 3500, more in line with 3800-900 with everything. 

3. Tires have the biggest impact in lap times. Trofeo Rs are simply nowhere as good as Cup 2 Rs on the track. Even the next generation ones. As it has been proven before take those away from the GT2 RS, 488 Pista and AMG GT-R Pro and they will be slower on track than a Performante and a 720S on Trofeo Rs and even Corsas. Also Cup 2r tires are extremely dangerous in damp/rainy weather conditions, to the point where the car becomes undrivable. That's not the case with Trofeo Rs even though they are slippy in the rain. 

Also it is actually as much dealer's fault as it is Lamborghini's regarding no Trofeo Rs on the SVJ on customer cars. 

Perfect, you just provided more proof that the SVJ Ring time is questionable.  Look at the lap time difference between the 918 and the SVJ on both tracks you just listed.  On the Autocar test track, the performance difference between the SVJ and the 918 is half a second per lap.  918 Ring time was set by using the first generation Cup 2 tires (not the Cup 2 R tires, but a Cup 2 tires that is 3 generations old) and it lapped the Ring at 6:57s, 12s slower than the SVJ record lap (6:44.97).  Don't you think the SVJ should be at least 2-3s faster than the 918 on the Autocar track? 

21 hours ago, Unotaz said:

Perfect, you just provided more proof that the SVJ Ring time is questionable.  Look at the lap time difference between the 918 and the SVJ on both tracks you just listed.  On the Autocar test track, the performance difference between the SVJ and the 918 is half a second per lap.  918 Ring time was set by using the first generation Cup 2 tires (not the Cup 2 R tires, but a Cup 2 tires that is 3 generations old) and it lapped the Ring at 6:57s, 12s slower than the SVJ record lap (6:44.97).  Don't you think the SVJ should be at least 2-3s faster than the 918 on the Autocar track? 

You forgot to take track length into account. Scale that down and the time makes sense. Even on the twisty bits, SVJ with Corsas will be faster than the 918.

Otherwise good points. But I still don't doubt the Ring time or any other lap time posted by the SVJ. Even a stock Aventador has more endurance and long-term pulling power compared to the 918. 

10 hours ago, APB said:

You forgot to take track length into account. Scale that down and the time makes sense. Even on the twisty bits, SVJ with Corsas will be faster than the 918.

Otherwise good points. But I still don't doubt the Ring time or any other lap time posted by the SVJ. Even a stock Aventador has more endurance and long-term pulling power compared to the 918. 

I did take into account of the track length. Autocar test track is 2.5km long.  The Ring is 20.8km long, which makes it 8.32 times longer.  The SVJ Ring lap record is roughly 12sec faster than the lap set by the 918 Spyder.  So 12sec divided by 8.32 is 1.442 second advantage to the SVJ per 2.5km in track distance.  But if you look at the Fastestlap.com record, the SVJ is only 0.40sec faster than the 918 Spyder at the Autocar track.  :eusa_naughty:

Like I said before, something doesn't add up. 

And then you have the Motor Trend test between the GT2RS and the SVJ, where the GT2RS destroys the SVJ at Big Willow ( GT2 RS ran it at 1:21.08 and the SVJ did it in 1:24.92). I have driven Big Willow hundreds of times and it's one of the fastest tracks here in California that should be well-suited to the SVJ.   If the SVJ is 2secs faster than the GT2RS at the Ring, shouldn't the lap time difference between the two on a much shorter track be essentially one or two tenth difference? 

The SVJ is the first car that I have noticed that had such a big discrepancy between the performance at the Ring and the performance on other tracks.  Other cars that are fast at the Ring are also fast on other shorter tracks around the world.  

6 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I did take into account of the track length. Autocar test track is 2.5km long.  The Ring is 20.8km long, which makes it 8.32 times longer.  The SVJ Ring lap record is roughly 12sec faster than the lap set by the 918 Spyder.  So 12sec divided by 8.32 is 1.442 second advantage to the SVJ per 2.5km in track distance.  But if you look at the Fastestlap.com record, the SVJ is only 0.40sec faster than the 918 Spyder at the Autocar track.  :eusa_naughty:

And then you have the Motor Trend test between the GT2RS and the SVJ, where the GT2RS destroys the SVJ at Big Willow ( GT2 RS ran it at 1:21.08 and the SVJ did it in 1:24.92). I have driven Big Willow hundreds of times and it's one of the fastest tracks here in California that should be well-suited to the SVJ.   If the SVJ is 2secs faster than the GT2RS at the Ring, shouldn't the lap time difference between the two on a much shorter track be essentially one or two tenth difference? 

The SVJ is the first car that I have noticed that had such a big discrepancy between the performance at the Ring and the performance on other tracks.  Other cars that are fast at the Ring are also fast on other shorter tracks around the world.  

While some have alluded to it, but not explicitly mentioned, the possibility of a Ringer. I suppose pun intended there. They could have taken a page from Ferrari and now thrown everything they can at one specific car to run the lap with a highly-qualified driver, make the record and wait for the sales to roll in. 

12 hours ago, Unotaz said:

Except that SVJ isn't exactly suited for the Willow Springs either considering it has corners deemed for understeer for an AWD car that weighs well over 3500lbs. And again Porsche in that test used the Cup2 Rs vs SVJ on Trofeo Rs If I remember correctly.  I however have not been a fan of MT tests after 2013, especially the way they have tested cars. Sometimes it seems like they pull numbers out of their ass. See their ThethetheFerrari test for reference  and explain how it is so much faster from a standstill and 1/4 mile than the 918/P1, when in all other tests it is the slowest car (apart from the C/D test). While we are on the topic of Willow Springs, MT posted a pretty questionable track time for the Performante as well. An owner who I shall not name has lapped Performante around that track in 1:21:29 on Trofeo Rs (showed me through the Lambo's track telemetry app which in all honestly pretty accurate considering it works in a similar fashion to a v-box).  Compare that to the MT test and you will see that it is quite a difference. I doubt Narvi wheels makes such a significant difference considering that MT's Perf used the slightly heavier Loge wheels with the same Trofeo R rubber.  

Regarding the Autocar test and your calculations with the track length, you're correct. However I forgot to mention in my last post that one can't calculate the difference in track conditions since they are quite different. Who knows if the SVJ could have been that 1.442 sec faster than the 918 there. Maybe it could, maybe it couldn't. At the time it was 0.4 sec faster. The only way to do it would put them together at the same time and see which one is truly the fastest. 

3 hours ago, APB said:

Except that SVJ isn't exactly suited for the Willow Springs either considering it has corners deemed for understeer for an AWD car that weighs well over 3500lbs. And again Porsche in that test used the Cup2 Rs vs SVJ on Trofeo Rs If I remember correctly.  

Regarding the Autocar test and your calculations with the track length, you're correct. However I forgot to mention in my last post that one can't calculate the difference in track conditions since they are quite different. Who knows if the SVJ could have been that 1.442 sec faster than the 918 there. Maybe it could, maybe it couldn't. At the time it was 0.4 sec faster. The only way to do it would put them together at the same time and see which one is truly the fastest. 

I agree with you and that's why the Motor Trend is the only test that put both cars tested on the same day, at the same track, with the same driver.  As for your assertion for Big Willow not being suited for the SVJ, I think that's a far stretch because the 918 Spyder (AWD) did well on the track, using 3 generations old Cup 2 tires and it was a pre-production prototype without the final hybrid software calibrations.  If Big Willow is ill-suited to the SVJ, what track suits it? Monza? :rolleyes:

Fastest driver with the best tyres wins now, i honestly don't think there is much between SV and SVJ on a very high speed flowing track except tyres. i would love to see them go back on the latest tyres and same engine and gearbox software and see what the difference actually was. 

14 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I agree with you and that's why the Motor Trend is the only test that put both cars tested on the same day, at the same track, with the same driver.  As for your assertion for Big Willow not being suited for the SVJ, I think that's a far stretch because the 918 Spyder (AWD) did well on the track, using 3 generations old Cup 2 tires and it was a pre-production prototype without the final hybrid software calibrations.  If Big Willow is ill-suited to the SVJ, what track suits it? Monza? :rolleyes:

Monza, the Ring, Imola etc. Tracks with fast corners that doesn't require too much agility. 

918 had hybrid assisting it out of the corners, that's why it did so well on all the tracks in general. It was and will always be a hyper car costing a lot more than an SVJ, also being a much faster car in a straight than anything from the higher end supercar segment today. (at least until supercars start to go hybrid as well.)

1 hour ago, APB said:

Monza, the Ring, Imola etc. Tracks with fast corners that doesn't require too much agility. 

918 had hybrid assisting it out of the corners, that's why it did so well on all the tracks in general. It was and will always be a hyper car costing a lot more than an SVJ, also being a much faster car in a straight than anything from the higher end supercar segment today. (at least until supercars start to go hybrid as well.)

I had also heard from multiple track drivers of the 918 as well as other Hybrid hypercars that a fast single lap is possible on long tracks (like the Ring) but repeated laps invariably got slower due to power depletion in the battery and the inability to have a fully charged battery at all times. This will make non-hybrids have an advantage in lap times in a sustained 30 min lap session. The 918 did poorly at COTA where I track my cars.  The Performante did a 2.18 on Trofeo R tires in the hands of an experienced driver (not me) at COTA.  No 918 came close to that laptime at COTA.  

To be honest, neither the 918 nor SVJ are ideal track cars as they are too heavy. So laptimes are not the primary purpose most customers buy these cars. A fast single laptime is largely for bragging rights.