New 2022 Lamborghini Aventador hybrid V12

sl55

What's the current most likely guess on the engine of the Aventaor replacement? Initially I was a hearing a 4L V12 + electric., is that still likely or will it be a bigger V12 + electric?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I saw in the thread 2022 timeframe but recalled seeing something in the late summer that said 2024 for replacement. What’s the latest?  We heard SVJ pinnacle of V12 & just variants of Aventador S but that’s a long runway to 2024. So what’s the chances of getting another “light weight” version similar to the SVJ but positioned above it?

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

So I saw in the thread 2022 timeframe but recalled seeing something in the late summer that said 2024 for replacement. What’s the latest?  We heard SVJ pinnacle of V12 & just variants of Aventador S but that’s a long runway to 2024. So what’s the chances of getting another “light weight” version similar to the SVJ but positioned above it?

it will not be 2024, and the Aventador S production is over. 

2 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

If they do something above the SVJ and at around the SVJ price point I’ll be pissed. They already bent over loyal enthusiasts by releasing so many SVJ’s (higher number than SV’s also!).

As mentioned in another thread elsewhere a few weeks back, there WILL be another Aventador derivative after the SVJ; that's the bad news.  The good news is it's not road-legal.   It will be a track-only car.

In other news, it seems like a Sian roadster has arrived and is about to knock on the front door...  

2022 is correct, the previous report is false to a certain extent. The same report said Lamborghini will be sold off from VW and that the V12 will die. Both have been confirmed false by now.

Is this the last Aventador derivative? Time will tell. Apperantly debuts in 2020. 

^ Looks mental but I believe it's track only.

I wonder if they'll be a final edition road legal Aventador or does the A end with the SVJ?

2 hours ago, VCR said:

They are really whoring out the term "63", aren't they?  :rolleyes: 

They didn't tell us, but they are going to do 63 separate editions on the Aventador before it goes :lol2: 

The last Aventador is the non street legal ala FXX race car.. Hopefully it incorporates some cool pieces that can be add to standard Aventadors. 

2 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

The last Aventador is the non street legal ala FXX race car.. Hopefully it incorporates some cool pieces that can be add to standard Aventadors. 

Is that the car previewed about or a different model?

I would hardly call it a part of the Aventador family since the only part it shares with the Aventador is the engine. The only part that is likely to fit on an Aventador is the wing if you don't count the engine tune. 

10 hours ago, APB said:

I would hardly call it a part of the Aventador family since the only part it shares with the Aventador is the engine. The only part that is likely to fit on an Aventador is the wing if you don't count the engine tune. 

What about the chassis? 

19 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

What about the chassis? 

Oh, that too I guess. According to the description: "The car features a front frame in aluminum, a carbon fiber monocoque for the maximum safety, a steel rollcage to maximize the torsional and bending stiffness". 

Noticed it has a different gearbox too. A 6 speed sequential Xtrac transmission. 

2 hours ago, APB said:

Oh, that too I guess. According to the description: "The car features a front frame in aluminum, a carbon fiber monocoque for the maximum safety, a steel rollcage to maximize the torsional and bending stiffness". 

Noticed it has a different gearbox too. A 6 speed sequential Xtrac transmission. 

It rides on the Aventador chassis . Its production #s are figured into the total Aventador production as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2019/10/27 at AM1點53分, APB said:

2022年是正確的,以前的報告在一定程度上是錯誤的。同一份報告說,蘭博基尼將被大眾出售,而V12將死亡。到現在為止,兩個都已被確認為假。

這是最後的Aventador衍生產品嗎?時間會證明一切。於2020年正式亮相。 

On 2019/11/12 at AM5點52分, sl55 said:

錯誤的帖子...

b889cef2-df96-4466-a788-8fdb5b8e5432.png

APB在2019/10/27的AM1點53分說:

同一份報告說,蘭博基尼將被大眾出售,而V12將導致死亡。到現在為止,兩個都已被確認為假。2022年是正確的,以前的報告在一定程度上是錯誤的

這是最後的Aventador衍生產品嗎?時間會證明一切。於2020年正式亮相。 

sl55在2019/11/12的AM5點52分說:

錯誤的帖子...

On 10/25/2019 at 6:05 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

it will not be 2024, and the Aventador S production is over. 

I just don't understand how S production can be over.  They are going to try to stretch out "hardcore" model sales, all above $625k, for the next 4 model years?

Well, what I heard is no more Any-S production request by dealers although, request from customers will be considered and need to be approved by HQ. I am guessing they don't want excess inventory around.  Big question as asked above, does this mean they are moving up production of replacement to sooner than 2022 or 2024? I can't imagine there are that many SVJ/SVJ-R remaining to be produced.

I think they just started delivering SVJ Roadsters. So there are many left to produce and deliver. Then you add around 6 motnths recalibration for the replacement. The replacement should be ready for the 2021 Geneva Motor Show. Early cars by the end of 2021 and full production kicks off in 2022. These are just my thoughts and assumptions though. 

Focus next year will the EVO RWD and the Performante variant of the EVO so it would make sense to the see the A replacement arrive in 2021.

One SVJR has just been delivered to my local dealer. Was advised that their next SVJR isn’t due until December 2020 and another sometime in 2021.