SVJ vs Huracan Video...

FikseSTS

Definitely always informative.  Brooks is really in a niche giving solid, consistent objective numbers. He avoids the fanboy bit and I love him for it. The breakdown of this last video shows why the Huracan keep up so well with big brother to a certain point. That said, I would still take the Aventador as the total package over the Huracan except when I am doing track stuff which is pretty rare for me anyway.

Huracan has been that sweet spot for drag racing from standstill. The shorter wheelbase and lighter weight help a lot here, where traction is aplenty. 

SVJ was reeling it in on both runs. The V12 is still the proper bullet train powerplant. 

But it amazes me how fast the Huracan is overall. 

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the latest DragTimes Huracan vs. 488 video, I've come to the conclusion that the Huracan is a fast car with an unbelievably blessed package (light weight, AWD, mid-engined, short wheelbase, launch control algorithm). It's probably the best car I've ever seen in that regard because the power/weight ratio is not particularly special, and yet it runs the 1/4 really, really well relative to most other cars. 602hp/413 lb-ft, AWD pushing 3400-3500 lbs is very good, but it's not better than 661 hp/561 lb-ft in a similar weight RWD car (488), or 647 hp/550 lb-ft in another light RWD (Ford GT). 

Normally drag racers like *longer* wheelbases because it reduces the chance of the front end coming off the ground. But the hardcore draggers typically do it with front engined, RWD muscle cars. The mid-engine AWD car eliminates all of that to the point where the longer wheelbase is a disadvantage (until of course we're talking maybe 1000+ hp or something). The Aventador's longer wheelbase I think hurts it slightly in these close battles with the Huracan.

Anyway, Huracan (even Performante) I cannot believe is faster in the real world than the 488 (even the "old" one), 720S, Aventador, Ford GT, F12, 812, and other cars with better power/weight ratios. 

I know the niche here of DragTimes is drag racing from standstill, but at some point people are going to believe this thing is faster than a 918, P1, ThethetheFerrari, Senna, etc. :lol:

On 5/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, Smash Boy said:

Anyway, Huracan (even Performante) I cannot believe is faster in the real world than the 488 (even the "old" one), 720S, Aventador, Ford GT, F12, 812, and other cars with better power/weight ratios. 

I can’t speak for the others, but I can tell you from experience that a 720s will blow the doors off a Huracan, all day long and twice on Sundays.

720S is faster in a straight line for sure.  Not on a track.  It has a 15 second slower Nürburgring lap time than a Performante and feels "loosy-goosey" (technical term) on any track compared to the razor sharp, precise handling of the Perf.  Speaking from experience at COTA...

12 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

720S is definitely quicker than a Huracan. But quicker doesnt mean better. 

:iamwithstupid: Neat car, but I don't think I'd take one over a Performante regardless of how it ranks in reviews.