Slow gear shift

yellomurci

So I have not driven my car, (08 LP640 egear with 12k miles) for about 3 months, just took it out and it ran well but I feel that the gear shifts are slow even in sport mode with the throttle pinned.

I am seeing no oil leaks but was wondering if anyone had any ideas, internal leak on the egear system? can the system be pressure tested or will it need to be put on the computer for evaluation?

Thanks for any input.

Just curious what you mean by a slow shift; is there excessive slippage in the clutch? Or is it the time between shifts up and or down?

is it equally consistent regardless of speed/rpm etc?

Also, assuming you are hearing the pump running when you open the door and it also sounds familiar enough and not shorter or muffled in any way

9 hours ago, Digibeam said:

Just curious what you mean by a slow shift; is there excessive slippage in the clutch? Or is it the time between shifts up and or down?

is it equally consistent regardless of speed/rpm etc?

Also, assuming you are hearing the pump running when you open the door and it also sounds familiar enough and not shorter or muffled in any way

I am going to drive it on the interstate to see how it works, it changed gear every time yesterday but seemed to take its time from when the engine (pull the paddle) cut to going to the next gear, no clutch slip though.

I want to get it on the interstate where I can put it in sport and do some high rev foot on the floor gear changes.

It may be that I have forgotten that it is an old system and no where near as fast and seemless as todays boxes and also I got a new AMG GT a month ago and that changes gear pretty fast with the DCT trans axel.

I will report back later.

All is good.

The car changed gear just fine during my trip on the interstate and it was just me forgetting and expecting the old 1990's tech egear to  be comparable to my 2018 MB dual clutch or our Porsche 911.

Had a hoot driving it though. 

On 4/27/2019 at 3:14 PM, yellomurci said:

All is good.

The car changed gear just fine during my trip on the interstate and it was just me forgetting and expecting the old 1990's tech egear to  be comparable to my 2018 MB dual clutch or our Porsche 911.

:headbang: Glad to hear all is well.

Out of curiousity, are there any upgrades owners can do to help improve shift times? 

On 4/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, yellomurci said:

All is good.

Excellent to hear ! Glad it is fully functional and fully fun still !