Video: Road to the SVJ - DoctaM3

Destructo

In a new series by member DoctaM3, he's cataloging the aptly titled, "Road to the SVJ" for his bespoke build.

First video is up, and it's a neat look at things for those that haven't been to the motherland.

Totally cool vid, I'm planning to do this trip some time so I appreciate having a preview..

Thanx much!

Thanks guys. Almost done with the video looking at Ad Personam. Should be out next week.  Trying to keep the videos small and informative. Episode 3 will be driving the SVJ behind a talented (and mad) test driver on the streets around Sant'#### Bolognese.  Honestly, I wish I could say that was on the bucket list (never did I dream I would be able to do it) but it happened and I will never forget.  Just another reason why I love this brand.  Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks guys. Second video is now lives. Trying to get the link on airborne WiFi is like gaming on dialup modem from AOL days.  If someone want to snag & post so I don’t mess it up that would be awesome.  :eek3dance:

Watched this last night. The AP room looks like a lot of fun! 

It's great to see the excitement in the process, not a lot of people share that side of it, so it's great to watch develop and "experience" from behind the scenes. Thanks for sharing! 

• 2 weeks later...

The Aventador SVJ drive in Sant'Agata is mostly complete. Honestly, the car is insane--and our test driver whom I followed is savage.  He reminds me a slightly younger version of Valentino Balboni.  Video should be out on Sunday or early next week. I can't wait to share.

19 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

The Aventador SVJ drive in Sant'Agata is mostly complete. Honestly, the car is insane--and our test driver whom I followed is savage.  He reminds me a slightly younger version of Valentino Balboni.  Video should be out on Sunday or early next week. I can't wait to share.

:headbang:

Been following along and it sounds epic beyond belief!  Looking forward to video and eventually seeing you at C&C!

Got a teaser for tomorrow's YouTUBE video ready while we are putting the final touches on it.  I meant what I said, "My brain FLEW out of my head!"  Listen closely, the SVJ pops on upshifts too--I was not expecting it. Video should go live 3PM Eastern tomorrow (Tuesday May 21st). [Mods, not sure how to resize the video. If you can fix it, please help].

18 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

Got a teaser for tomorrow's YouTUBE video ready while we are putting the final touches on it.  I meant what I said, "My brain FLEW out of my head!"  Listen closely, the SVJ pops on upshifts too--I was not expecting it. Video should go live 3PM Eastern tomorrow (Tuesday May 21st). [Mods, not sure how to resize the video. If you can fix it, please help].

Aventador SVJ Teaser.mov 8.86 MB · 2 downloads  

It was posted as a file for download. Looks good though! 

That being said, the YouTube share is far easier when posted. Looking forward to it! 

So I will do a longer write up on the Aventador SVJ.  This car is honestly VISCERAL.  There is still nothing like the old school Contact or Diablo but I must say, this car is definitely an homage to NFG days of Lamborghini. Alberto reminds of Valentino Balboni and he is a savage--he knows all the cops in town so he went BALLS out!  What an incredible experience of a lifetime. One I will never forget. Looking forward to more videos in the series but for now, here is the test drive.  One thing you will notice, the car POPS/crackles on upshift.  Was not expecting it.

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

So I will do a longer write up on the Aventador SVJ.  This car is honestly VISCERAL.  There is still nothing like the old school Contact or Diablo but I must say, this car is definitely an homage to NFG days of Lamborghini. Alberto reminds of Valentino Balboni and he is a savage--he knows all the cops in town so he went BALLS out!  What an incredible experience of a lifetime. One I will never forget. Looking forward to more videos in the series but for now, here is the test drive.  One thing you will notice, the car POPS/crackles on upshift.  Was not expecting it.

That's awesome! Love the spec of the test car!  And man, that is bonkers. What a cool experience!  Thanks for sharing! 

Dude having put about 200 miles on mine I can tell you first hand it's such a blast. Will make you motion sick with how hard it sticks to the ground around corners lol.

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:21 AM, martz said:

thanks for the great video. How would you compare the SVJ to the "budget" LP-700 Aventador? :)

Night and day in every aspect. Best way I can describe it is..... The Aventador has always been a sexy car, but it is a clumsy car. The SV was a much better car, but still not what you would expect from a car that looks and sounds this awesome. The SVJ is an athlete. The driving experience and performance finally match the looks. And IMO... this is the best sounding Lambo to date. I am not sure how they did it, but they did....  

Great video, thanx for sharing the experience...by the sounds (haha) of it this is THE pinnacle of the Lamborghini line!!

On 7/19/2019 at 10:14 AM, sprite said:

Awesome videos. When are you expecting delivery?

Late Fall at this point. Lots of Ad Personam on mine so I am sure they are trying to produce easier specs faster to get them out the door. I am ok with this since this car, like my 50th Anniversary are permanent in the collection. I can be patient as long as they get it right.

35 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

Late Fall at this point. Lots of Ad Personam on mine so I am sure they are trying to produce easier specs faster to get them out the door. I am ok with this since this car, like my 50th Anniversary are permanent in the collection. I can be patient as long as they get it right.

Awesome. Do you know if all SVJ Coupes will be MY2019 or could yours possibly be a MY2020? My dealer has told me December delivery for my MY2020 SVJ Roadster. I had already 95% decided on Viola Pasifae for mine without having seen it in person and then when I saw your car at Cannery Row last year it nailed it down 100%. I'm beyond excited. Can't wait to see what you decided on for your new build.

• 4 months later...

Still not delivered or even in production. Still working on specs with factory. Guess this is harder than expected. Now it’s December in Italy so you can guess the outcome. Ugh.