Video: Road to the SVJ - DoctaM3

Destructo

On 12/19/2019 at 10:41 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Still not delivered or even in production. Still working on specs with factory. Guess this is harder than expected. Now it’s December in Italy so you can guess the outcome. Ugh. 

Is it your ad personum stuff holding it up? 

17 hours ago, sprite said:

Is it your ad personum stuff holding it up? 

Yessir. 

• 4 weeks later...

Doc, I've been a fan of yours for a while. I feel like I'm a younger version of you, lol (so many similarities). Exciting stuff and I'm following your journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. 

18 hours ago, Kratos said:

Doc, I've been a fan of yours for a while. I feel like I'm a younger version of you, lol (so many similarities). Exciting stuff and I'm following your journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Thanks Kratos. The journey is long, "with many a winding turns" but the rewards are immense.  Still working on the SVJ & keep reminding myself how small Lambo is and good things take time.  I'm in this for the long haul, so no sweat.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, sl55 said:

SVJ roadster pricing...

On 1/26/2020 at 12:16 AM, sl55 said:

Doc, what's the delay?  Is it with AdP?

Yes.  I wish I could be more specific.  Let's just say, the AP is pretty complex and well, it needs to be done right.  The renders are not exact--maybe its a language thing but we have gotten the closest yet. Hopefully soon. 

6 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

Yes.  I wish I could be more specific.  Let's just say, the AP is pretty complex and well, it needs to be done right.  The renders are not exact--maybe its a language thing but we have gotten the closest yet. Hopefully soon. 

Can't wait to see what have you cooked up.

I'll add this...

I was at the factory last week.  Looks like the AV line is making SVJ's only but none looked very "Ad Personam"; fairly standard specs as far as I can see.  And they haven't even begun to make the SVJ roadsters yet.

1 hour ago, VCR said:

I'll add this...

I was at the factory last week.  Looks like the AV line is making SVJ's only but none looked very "Ad Personam"; fairly standard specs as far as I can see.  And they haven't even begun to make the SVJ roadsters yet.

??? Many roadsters have already been delivered to customers...

3 hours ago, martz said:

??? Many roadsters have already been delivered to customers...

Oops!!  Meant to say SVJ63 roadster.  My bad...

13 hours ago, VCR said:

I'll add this...

That's interesting. SO no SVJ coupes being made?  I last heard, only SVJ roadsters were on the line, now SVJ63 roadsters.  hmmmmmm

13 hours ago, sprite said:

What colors were the SVJs you saw?

One white, one green & one yellow were on the line.  Saw a gray one and 3 matte bronze ones at the lot of finished cars.

11 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

That's interesting. SO no SVJ coupes being made?  I last heard, only SVJ roadsters were on the line, now SVJ63 roadsters.  hmmmmmm

That’s not what I saw though: all 3 on the line were coupes.  2 at the finished lot were roadsters.

A SVJ63 coupe in matte blue was inside the Ad Personam studio.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It a bit weird that the last post on this thread was October 2020 but today we finally have an SVJ. This is not Project Khaos (more on that later) but in many ways, after waiting 30 months, the SVJ Xago is honestly the right fit me. I am completely amazed by this paint work. The hex pattern is a super hologram but not the cheap stuff you might see on your corner body shop.  It plays tricks on your eyes and project even on to panels that are not painted. It really doesn't come across in videos well but at any rate, here is my first video. I will try to capture the paint in another video and give you my honest review on the car. So far, very happy with it and the team at Lamborghini Broward & Blackout Tinting who used XPEL to get me on the road right away by protecting this paint job.

Congrats. One thing I did on mine which you might want to consider is XPELing the interior carbon fiber door panels.

Yes, I am going to do that. I spoke to Lambo about ceramics for fabrics that they have now and if it would be safe. I heard yes, so that is next when it gets home. What color is yours?

7 hours ago, sprite said:

Congrats. One thing I did on mine which you might want to consider is XPELing the interior carbon fiber door panels.

Congrats Docta!! Can’t wait to see it in person! 

Who does your PPF (feel free to PM or text if you prefer). 

13 hours ago, cake said:

Congrats Rocta!! Can’t wait to see it in person! 

Who does your PPF (feel free to PM or text if you prefer). 

Tried to send you DM--didn't work.

I use Blackout Tinting. Great news, coming shortly so you wont have to go to Greensburg.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:09 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Yes, I am going to do that. I spoke to Lambo about ceramics for fabrics that they have now and if it would be safe. I heard yes, so that is next when it gets home. What color is yours?

Viola Pasifae

On 4/7/2021 at 8:56 PM, DoctaM3 said:

I use Blackout Tinting. Great news, coming shortly so you wont have to go to Greensburg.

This would be great news as I detest the drive over there!

• 2 months later...

Docta - thanks so much for the info, and I’m not sure why the DM didn’t work.  I’ll check into it.  I retreated into a maxed out privacy mode for several months and maybe I changed my settings.  

I’ll need some window tint and might give them a try.  And now I see the typo in my post: Congrats DOCTA!  Looking forward to seeing it at CnC or another  local event!