LaRA-AS / e-gear tcu communication issues

Mat31

Hi everybody,

Since some times ago i  had some issues with my lp640 roadster which won't reverse when warm.

My mechanic failed to connect lara's tool to the e-gear tcu  to operate a re-learn. 

He called the factory who said that probably something goes wrong if an improper tool bad been connected before. Last year, Leonardo tool hd been connected to the car.

Do you think that Leonardo tool could have corrupted the can Bus?

Welcome to the bullpen, sorry to hear of your troubles.

So your mechanic cannot attempt the "correct process" in hopes that it will correct the problem? Or because of the wrong process, something is now "broken" and needs to be fixed?

I'd hope if the mechanic didn't follow procedure, the shop would correct the error on its own dime, considering you trusted him to perform a fix "by the book" to correct it.

He is able to connect the engine ECU with LDAS/LARA but it failed for the tcu.

So trying with TEXA supercar tool it works!

i really don't understand why?

LDAS and LARA are two different programs and use different cables and plugs, LDAS is for engine. LARA is for other system including EGEAR. Depending on the year there are 3 different cables that must be used. If he used the wrong one it wont work. There is a chance if wrong one was used that could created a issue.