Question about Gallardos

mark77

Hello everyone,

These days, I've been thinking a lot about Lamborghinis. And I've made up my mind to buy one. But there are.... just too many choices out there. From everything I've read, I've narrowed it down to just a few and I was just looking for opinions. I'm basically down to a later model Gallardo (6 speed manual or e gear), or the Huracan. I'm honestly leaning more towards the Gallardo due to its smaller size and the fact that the interior isn't nearly as busy as the Huracan. The major deciding factor will likely be down to the transmission. I know the old e gears were..... "fickle" at best. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the newer e gears. Probably an LP 560-4. Are they actually decently smooth? Are they as unreliable as a rotary engine? Would I be better off sticking with the manual? The car would just be for cruising around and an occasional spirited drive. Absolutely no racing.

Thanks in advance for any input.

11 hours ago, mark77 said:

Hello everyone,

These days, I've been thinking a lot about Lamborghinis. And I've made up my mind to buy one. But there are.... just too many choices out there. From everything I've read, I've narrowed it down to just a few and I was just looking for opinions. I'm basically down to a later model Gallardo (6 speed manual or e gear), or the Huracan. I'm honestly leaning more towards the Gallardo due to its smaller size and the fact that the interior isn't nearly as busy as the Huracan. The major deciding factor will likely be down to the transmission. I know the old e gears were..... "fickle" at best. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the newer e gears. Probably an LP 560-4. Are they actually decently smooth? Are they as unreliable as a rotary engine? Would I be better off sticking with the manual? The car would just be for cruising around and an occasional spirited drive. Absolutely no racing.

Thanks in advance for any input.

560s e-gears are definitely better than Gallardo e-gears. In Sport and Corsa modes the car is great, they improved the transmission by having the cam rotate to select the ratios. The Strada or plain mode whatever it's called pretty much sucks in the 560s and Gallardos, it's pretty jerky in stop and go traffic and of course doesn't allow the revs to build so its pretty tame. If you drive around all the time in Sport or above you'll be fine. The 6-speeds are tons of fun, a little harder to get. I personally don't see the value in getting the stick in the V10 but to each their own. 

Aesthetically the 560s are way nicer than Gallardos IMO. You get the LED headlight assembly, slicker front fascia, and the interior is cleaned up a bit, stolen right out of the Audi parts bin. I think bluetooth was coming in by then too? 

If it's your first Lambo it won't be your last so you might as well get a good entry level car, enjoy it, then trade up a couple years downstream.

9 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Manual transmission ftw. 

I'm with stupid.....apparently there isn't an emoji for it anymore. E gears shift slow and are expensive to maintain.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 10:12 PM, porter said:

560s e-gears are definitely better than Gallardo e-gears. In Sport and Corsa modes the car is great, they improved the transmission by having the cam rotate to select the ratios. The Strada or plain mode whatever it's called pretty much sucks https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/ in the 560s and Gallardos, it's pretty jerky in stop and go traffic and of course doesn't allow the revs to build so its pretty tame. If you drive around all the time in Sport or above you'll be fine. The 6-speeds are tons of fun, a little harder to get. I personally don't see the value in getting the stick in the V10 but to each their own. 

Aesthetically the 560s are way nicer than Gallardos IMO. You get the LED headlight assembly, slicker front fascia, and the interior is cleaned up a bit, stolen right out of the Audi parts bin. I think bluetooth was coming in by then too? 

If it's your first Lambo it won't be your last so you might as well get a good entry level car, enjoy it, then trade up a couple years downstream.

thankyou   so much

• 1 month later...

560s e-gears are definitely better than Gallardo e-gears. In Sport and Corsa modes the car is great, they improved the transmission by having the cam rotate to select the ratios. The Strada or plain mode whatever it's called pretty much sucks in the 560s and Gallardos, it's pretty jerky in stop and go traffic and of course doesn't allow the revs to build so its pretty tame. If you drive around all the time in Sport or above you'll be fine. The 6-speeds are tons of fun, a little harder to get. I personally don't see the value in getting the stick in the V10 but to each their own. 

Thank you soo much brother.

Regards

Aesthetically the 560s are way nicer than Gallardos IMO. You get the LED headlight assembly, slicker front fascia, and the interior is cleaned up a bit, stolen right out of the Audi parts bin. I think bluetooth was coming in by then too? 9apps cartoon hd vidmate apk

And moreover brother, I have got few question regarding this, can you help clear some of my doubts?

• 1 year later...

I have a budget on about $100k to buy, therefor the gallardo. One argument was that if I couldnt afford a new one I could not afford an old one, makes no sense to me. But sure, I cant afford a new one, but I can afford to but and maintain an older one. I have a house, a truck and a boat, and I want to keep it so thats why I want to go for an older modell.

I have driven the gallardo and several Ferraris and you just cant compare the feeling with other cars even if they perform just as well.

Edited by Destructo
Attempted Spam

On 8/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, roundcubetwo said:

I have a budget on about $100k to buy, therefor the gallardo. One argument was that if I couldnt afford a new one I could not afford an old one, makes no sense to me. But sure, I cant afford a new one, but I can afford to but and maintain an older one. I have a house, a truck and a boat, and I want to keep it so thats why I want to go for an older modell.

I have driven the gallardo and several Ferraris and you just cant compare the feeling with other cars even if they perform just as well.

Just keep in mind that when things break, as they will on older cars, the costs of certain parts can be ridiculous if there is not a corresponding Audi part and/or a third party to do the service.  A few examples of things from my '06 G Spyder 1) a/c compressor, parts/labor several thousand, where if it were a run of the mill Japanese family car, would probably have been a few hundred.  2) Passenger seat belt because retractor stopped working; $700 P&L.  3) Soft top hydraulic actuator failure; couple grand.  Long term though the costs aren't that bad, they just bite you with big bills when they do happen; I've had my '06 since new, and in the 14 years, it's probably averaged out to $1k-1500/year, which is pretty reasonable.  I've saved quite a bit by having a trustworthy third party place do most of the services.