Photos of my Verde Draco color changed Manual LP640

MrEd

After 10 long months, my LP640 came back better than ever. It is now Verde Draco and I am loving it. Here are some recent pics taken by Winning Automotive Photography. After 5 LP640s, I think this is the keeper. Here is a video about the process

DSC_4362.jpegDSC_4642.jpegDSC_4669.jpegDSC_4710.jpegDSC_4727.jpegDSC_5041.jpegDSC_5123.jpegDSC_5132-1.jpegDSC_5202.jpegDSC_5188.jpegDSC_5249.jpegDSC_5303-3.jpegDSC_5318.jpeg

Beautiful car, and beautiful pics, but I can't help from saying that this car in this color belongs on a different canvas than Hotlanta, namely the UK.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:34 PM, darth sidious said:

I love anecdotes like this. Only true petrolheads do stuff like this.

Beautiful car to boot.

The approach kind of put a bug in my head about how some people approach certain cars.

At some point, with so many being wrecked will people that really LOVE the brand and cars, take a salvage title vehicle to rebuild back to spec or better in order to save it from the crusher? Regardless of cost or resale value?

I've considered something similar. Some cars are too important to let die because of a salvage title. I'd be curious to see if anyone else shares a similar opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 10:48 AM, Destructo said:

The approach kind of put a bug in my head about how some people approach certain cars.

At some point, with so many being wrecked will people that really LOVE the brand and cars, take a salvage title vehicle to rebuild back to spec or better in order to save it from the crusher? Regardless of cost or resale value?

I've considered something similar. Some cars are too important to let die because of a salvage title. I'd be curious to see if anyone else shares a similar opinion.

Yes, at this point it is safe to assume that no manual LP640s or LP670s (regardless of transmission) will ultimately be scrapped due to an accident or damage. One was recently restored after having originally gotten a Lemon Law title brand and then being totaled in an accident. Another former engine fire/salvage title one sold at a strong value two weeks ago. 

21 hours ago, MrEd said:

Yes, at this point it is safe to assume that no manual LP640s or LP670s (regardless of transmission) will ultimately be scrapped due to an accident or damage. One was recently restored after having originally gotten a Lemon Law title brand and then being totaled in an accident. Another former engine fire/salvage title one sold at a strong value two weeks ago. 

Do you think that if documented well enough with credible shops and sources these "lemon" cars could pull a fair market value, or will they always trade for less than a "non-spoiled" car?

I'm not sure. With the manual LP's I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being near market value, but not exceeding. 

10 hours ago, Destructo said:

Do you think that if documented well enough with credible shops and sources these "lemon" cars could pull a fair market value, or will they always trade for less than a "non-spoiled" car?

I'm not sure. With the manual LP's I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being near market value, but not exceeding. 

The issue that will always plague branded title cars (TMU, buyback, salvage, etc.) is that they are insufficient collateral for loans. On some time horizon, the accidents or negative history events don't really matter relative to more recent servicing and restoration but people do finance cars at all values. Of course as they age that happens less but it still has some impact. Of course, it is not the only factor in a value so there are certainly examples of cars with bad titles selling for more than cars with high mileage or undesirable specifications. All things being equal, though, they will always bring at least a bit less.