Thinking of getting a LP640

Hi all, looking for some pre buy advice on the LP640 (coupe or roadster).  What are some of the things to lookout for (e-gear, tops, front lift, etc) ?  Any must have option(s)?  Any reason to (and not to) get the LP640 over a regular Murci?  I'm a newbie to Lambo, but had a few Ferraris...finally ready to come to the "dark side".   Thank you in advance.   John

5 hours ago, slowasiandriver said:

Hi all, looking for some pre buy advice on the LP640 (coupe or roadster).  What are some of the things to lookout for (e-gear, tops, front lift, etc) ?  Any must have option(s)?  Any reason to (and not to) get the LP640 over a regular Murci?  I'm a newbie to Lambo, but had a few Ferraris...finally ready to come to the "dark side".   Thank you in advance.   John

Welcome to the bullpen! Congrats on the previous acquisitions, since you are accustomed Italian vehicle ownership you'll no doubt have fewer surprises compared to some buyers.

Lots of things to consider here.

1. Budget will be important, not just with purchase but your annual maintenance. Most will side the LP640 is a better car than a standard Murcielago, and by and large, that's true, with exceptions.

There are a lot of experts here (I am not one of them) that can point you in the right direction. However, if you are looking for trouble free and ease of transaction call Roy.

http://www.catsexotics.com/used-cars-seattle-wa?_gmod[0]=Dfe_Modules_VehiclePrice_Module&_gmod[1]=Dfe_Modules_CustomizePayment_Module&direction=asc&t=u&make[]=Lamborghini&sf=sf_make

He carries some great cars and equally great prices. He's got two roadsters in stock now for under 200K. Worth a look and a good start.

Let us know what direction you go, and regular updates.

Again, welcome! 

23 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Welcome to the bullpen! Congrats on the previous acquisitions, since you are accustomed Italian vehicle ownership you'll no doubt have fewer surprises compared to some buyers.

Lots of things to consider here.

1. Budget will be important, not just with purchase but your annual maintenance. Most will side the LP640 is a better car than a standard Murcielago, and by and large, that's true, with exceptions.

There are a lot of experts here (I am not one of them) that can point you in the right direction. However, if you are looking for trouble free and ease of transaction call Roy.

http://www.catsexotics.com/used-cars-seattle-wa?_gmod[0]=Dfe_Modules_VehiclePrice_Module&_gmod[1]=Dfe_Modules_CustomizePayment_Module&direction=asc&t=u&make[]=Lamborghini&sf=sf_make

He carries some great cars and equally great prices. He's got two roadsters in stock now for under 200K. Worth a look and a good start.

Let us know what direction you go, and regular updates.

Again, welcome! 

Thank you!   Looking for clean car over "cheap" and complete maintenance history is a must.   Reasonable miles don't bother me, but ultra low miles scares me.  None of my cars are garage queens, however, I take meticulous care of them.  I don't have enough knowledge about the Murci/LP640 and want to get some input from owners before I purchase.  

I've owned 5 Murci's. 2 2002's, 1 2003, and 2 2007's.  No reason at all not to get an LP640 over an early Murci.  LP640 is second gen or "facelift" version of the car.  Also 6.5L vs. 6.2L engine.