SVJ 63 vs SVJ

eddyshea

Besides rarity, carbon fibers, 63 sticker and pricing, what are the major differences ( performance, maneuvering, dry weight, exterior, interior, etc.) between ASVJ 63 and regular ASVJ ??

Does 63 edition really worth more in the long run ???

At Geneva Motor Show 2018, Lamborghini showed us a Rosso Efesto Aventador S with carbon roof and engine cover. Sort of like on the SVJ 63. That was a display of what Ad Personam could do. How is that not possible on the SVJ? I mean if you were to do that and ad carbon on the side you would have the exterior of the SVJ 63 and nobody would be able to tell the difference. In my opinion the 63 is one hell of a bad last version of the Aventador. It is not that special. Just some extra carbon which you can add via Ad Personam and a few stickers which you can add no problem. Lambo failed on that one if you ask me.

^ You mean this car?  Yes, it showcased what AdP can do.  In fact, that was a better job than the SVJ63 in terms of CF techique.  A close-up on the roof indicated that the CF was impregnated with red glitter pigment so at certain angles the CF actually appeared to have a red hue.   That being said, that particular AV-S, IMO, did not look that great. 

The one thing with AdP though is what they CAN do and what they WILL do are 2 very different matters.  Money talks of course but at a certain point, it isn't worth it anymore especially when it's just aesthetics.  

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

I am guessing it’s red flakes in the resin and not the fibers

2 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

I am guessing it’s red flakes in the resin and not the fibers

Correct.  

IIRC, the only time Lamborghini played with the fibres was with the Diablo 6.0.  The 6.0 has a blue-coloured thread weaved into the fibre and the 6.0SE has a titanium-colour thread.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:42 AM, eddyshea said:

Besides rarity, carbon fibers, 63 sticker and pricing, what are the major differences ( performance, maneuvering, dry weight, exterior, interior, etc.) between ASVJ 63 and regular ASVJ ??

Does 63 edition really worth more in the long run ???

Impossible to know “if it is worth it.” My only reference is look at the Ford GT Heritage edition.  Hell its not even CF.  Just a Gulf livery and those cars bring $500k vs $250-300k for a standard FGT.

To me the SVJ63 at least has actual difference than just paint and stickers.  

On 6/2/2019 at 10:27 PM, VCR said:

Correct.  

IIRC, the only time Lamborghini played with the fibres was with the Diablo 6.0.  The 6.0 has a blue-coloured thread weaved into the fibre and the 6.0SE has a titanium-colour thread.

I'd imagine it's far more expensive for the color weave. And they just leave that to Horacio!