anybody ever owned a Vector?

ragingfool35

Yeah lets take a chill pill. I can understand your love of Vector, and the car is personal to you

<-stupid

This is just my opinion as a Member of L/P, NOT as a Moderator, I think you may be turning people off to the Vector and here is why.

I certainly appreciate all your knowledge. And I understand you LOVE this car, but between this Thread and the other Thread about Vectors, you CONSTANTLY jump down other Member's throats whenever they say something negative.

Perhaps they are just misinformed as you say, or perhaps their opinions do NOT agree with yours. Although YOU may be telling the truth, there are usually two sides to every story, and somewhere in between lies the truth. Since you are a former employee, you are obviously going to be biased. Since you are a current owner, you have a vested interest that the Vector comes across as a GREAT car and costs tons of money.

As Allan stated, perhaps if you chilled out a bit, you might get your points across more effectively, rather than turn people off.

If you jump down people's throats whenever they make a statement, or they ask a question that was a fallacy, then other people are less likely to chime in on this Thread for fear of you jumping down their throats.

I am sure ALOT of L/P Members have an interest in the Vector and would enjoy learning more about it, but they are afraid to ask you a question for fear they were misinformed and their question will be taken as an attack on the Vector by you.

-James Miller

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi James,

I have not had any problem answering questions pertaining to Vector. We have two people out here that have done more than just ask questions. Our little friend Kevin has been touting himself as a Vector expert for several years. Taking credit for items such as organizing the Vector reunion, which he had nothing to do with. Then has created a web sight dedicated to the Vector but has posted very little useful information. 99% of what is on that sight is nothing more than hearsay and rumor. But he presents it as truth. He then comes here and continues to perpetuate the lies that he posts on his web sight.

I should just stop posting all together. For years I have read all the crap that has been placed out here on the web from someone who’s brother's friends sister in law knew a girl who dated a guy who’s best friend said he had seen a Vector and it is just a POS.

So when you have someone who happens to have more than a little background on the subject posting facts and published data on the vehicle to refute all of the garbage that has been snowballing out on the internet, automatically I am the bad guy.

So I will let the garbage rumors continue. The Vector W8's are complete pieces of Sh1t and are not worthy of the sheet metal they are produced out of . I will be happy to buy any owners POS Vector W8 for a handsome sum of $50,000 please bring all of your garbage Vector W8's to me. I will be happy to rid the world of the 17 vehicles Vector mistakenly produced. This way all the owners will have a handsome sum to place in their pockets for the Scrap they now have taking up space in their garages. Please PM me with your account information I will be happy to send the money immediately. Thank you for reading my lies and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused here. Please go back to bashing the Vector as the car deserves it.

Hi James,

I have not had any problem answering questions pertaining to Vector. We have two people out here that have done more than just ask questions. Our little friend Kevin has been touting himself as a Vector expert for several years. Taking credit for items such as organizing the Vector reunion, which he had nothing to do with. Then has created a web sight dedicated to the Vector but has posted very little useful information. 99% of what is on that sight is nothing more than hearsay and rumor. But he presents it as truth. He then comes here and continues to perpetuate the lies that he posts on his web sight.  

I should just stop posting all together. For years I have read all the crap that has been placed out here on the web from someone who’s brother's friends sister in law knew a girl who dated a guy who’s best friend said he had seen a Vector and it is just a POS.  

So when you have someone who happens to have more than a little background on the subject posting facts and published data on the vehicle to refute all of the garbage that has been snowballing out on the internet, automatically I am the bad guy.  

So I will let the garbage rumors continue.  The Vector W8's are complete pieces of Sh1t and are not worthy of the sheet metal they are produced out of .  I will be happy to buy any owners POS Vector W8 for a handsome sum of $50,000 please bring all of your garbage Vector W8's to me. I will be happy to rid the world of the 17 vehicles Vector mistakenly produced.  This way all the owners will have a handsome sum to place in their pockets for the Scrap they now have taking up space in their garages.   Please PM me with your account information I will be happy to send the money immediately.   Thank you for reading my lies and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused here.  Please go back to bashing the Vector as the car deserves it.

cheezzes, take it easy Buddy, nobody is trying to discredit you nor the Vector.

I am really happy with the idea that the scattered Vector enthusiasts will make L/P a permanent home, we share very similar passion for similar cars, too bad the Vector never took off as a company, I bet they would be a viable competition for Lambos had they made it.

I have a feeling there's more to your defensive line with some of the other posters then we know, old animosities and unfinished businesses are surfacing in between the lines of the posts in the Vector threads.

I for one don't mind to sit on the side lines and watch the action, I don't have much to contribute technically so I sit and learn.

I admit that it fascinates me as much as any Lambo war story does....

I am looking forward for more contributions from Vector owners and fans, it contributes allot of valuable content to L/P and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way...

We at L/P like to hear BOTH sides of every story for the simple fact we KNOW THEY ALWAYS EXIST, so far you did an excellent job as a council for the late brand, your effort did not go unnoticed.

Hi James,

So I will let the garbage rumors continue.  The Vector W8's are complete pieces of Sh1t and are not worthy of the sheet metal they are produced out of .  I will be happy to buy any owners POS Vector W8 for a handsome sum of $50,000 please bring all of your garbage Vector W8's to me. I will be happy to rid the world of the 17 vehicles Vector mistakenly produced.  This way all the owners will have a handsome sum to place in their pockets for the Scrap they now have taking up space in their garages.   Please PM me with your account information I will be happy to send the money immediately.   Thank you for reading my lies and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused here.  Please go back to bashing the Vector as the car deserves it.

cheezzes, take it easy Buddy, nobody is trying to discredit you nor the Vector.

I am really happy with the idea that the scattered Vector enthusiasts will make L/P a permanent home, we share very similar passion for similar cars, too bad the Vector never took off as a company, I bet they would be a viable competition for Lambos had they made it.

I have a feeling there's more to your defensive line with some of the other posters then we know, old animosities and unfinished businesses are surfacing in between the lines of the posts in the Vector threads.

I for one don't mind to sit on the side lines and watch the action, I don't have much to contribute technically so I sit and learn.

I admit that it fascinates me as much as any Lambo war story does....

I am looking forward for more contributions from Vector owners and fans, it contributes allot of valuable content to L/P and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way...

We at L/P like to hear BOTH sides of every story for the simple fact we KNOW THEY ALWAYS EXIST, so far you did an excellent job as a council for the late brand, your effort did not go unnoticed.

While I appreciate your opinion,.... F-40 and the Vector W8’s just for comparison.  

.97 for the Vector

.94 for the F-40

It was interesting for me to speak with Ron Tonkins car collection care taker. As you know, Ron has the 009 W-8 as well as a long list of other cars, mostly Ferrari vehicles. The care taker (this would have been back in 2002 or 2003) said the W-8 did not hold up against many of the cars in Ron's collection. He called it a great straight line car, but not handling.

Tony's car, which I hear somewhere else on these boards you ripped to no end, also handles poorly when compared to other exotics. Tony's car has stock suspension, so that also does not back the idea of the W-8 being a great handling car.

It is sad you have to be childish at times. Call me what you want, I do not go into name calling like children. I know Wiegert has called me a clown because I am a critic. I never claim to be an expert on Vector, but I have been researching Vector for many years and I found many flaws in Vector and Wiegert. I have not posted all the flaws because some of the people who told me things seemed bias. I try to debate topics, hoping to get good discussions. You saying that 99% of what I posted as being false or based on rumors shows your bias against anyone who says something back about the glory days of Vector which you were part of. It is interesting to see the differences in opinions about life at Vector during the glory days.

I spread lies, as if you saying the W-8 was the best car built during its production run is tryrh. As much as you want to slam the McLaren, there is no way you can say the W-8 is on the level of the F1. Bring together leading automotive experts to look over a F1 and a W8 and I can assure you they will rank the F1 a superior car to a W-8.

I do agree some people are very harsh to W-8s. They call them glorified kitcars. There does seem to be a pattern of people going on way or other when talking about W-8s. Some of the people I have seen on other boards or topics doing the same thing with other brands or models. In one thread they are saying the W-8 is a kitcar, on another calling a Viper a kitcar, and then another calling Callaway C12 a kitcar. For some, bashing things on message boards may give them pleasure.

I know matter what I say, you have already created an opinion about me that will never change. That is your choice. It is your own assumption that I am trying to make a name for myself with Vector. First off, if someone wants to make a name for themself, picking an almost forgotten brand of exotic car with a mucky image is not a logical choice. I know you do not see Vector that way, but there are many who do think that way. One of the most published automotive clomunist, Bob Hagin, was someone I was lucky enough to spend time with before his passing. Bob was respected for his opinions because he did not get carried away with his comments and he could back his statements. Bob felt Vector was a disappointment.

My point is, I have nothing to gain from being known as an expert of Vector. I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great people who share a strong interest in Vector. The range of people is amazing to me. There are Vector fans who are wealthy with impressive backgrounds on over to someone like Vector Files, the greatest Vector fan in the world who has devoted what few extra dollars and extra time he has to following anything Vector. I never expected to meet so many wonderful people when I started researching Vector.

The reason I started researching Vector was because I was in love with the dream of Vector. I was a teenage car nut with a Vector poster on my wall and mags on Vector in my room. My desire to research Vector was just because I wondered what happened to that dream. Why did it come crashing down was what I was thinking. I had no thoughts of hanging with wealthy people or trying to make money or name from it. The reality is my research has cost me a lot of money which I will never see again. I do have some great memories and have met some great people in the process.

These days I my Vector poster is framed and I collected a lot more on Vector. I may not be wealthy or have had a chance to drive all the great cars of the world, but I follow the automotive world with passion and soak up knowledge from the people and places I go. I love cars and automotive history. That is my hobby, nothing more. When you say I am trying to make a name or trying to make money, I can only say that is wrong.

I am not against Vector. I am not Wiegert. I was the one that got Wiegert a spot on Tactical to Practical on the History Channel. When I worked for the Blackhawk Automotive Museum where 006 W-8 was kept for almost a year, I told people about this unique slice of American automotive history. I made sure people knew the company was started by a design student fresh out of school who had a vision. When you look at extoic car companies, many were started by wealthy people or someone with a lot of experience. Wiegert was a successful student who wanted to a make a car that fit his vision. I also told people about the passion of the staff of Vector. Staff members such as yourself.

Kurt, I really hope no one is out to make you to be a bad guy or look like an idiot. I have a lot respect for what was done at Vector and I have heard of the work you have done since. The main thing that bothers me is when I see statements about the Vector W-8 being superior to all other cars of its era. I can go with it is an impressive car. I do believe people should give the W-8 some respect.

It is amazing to see how much passions flare up when the past is brought up. I still hope for the day when more Vector employees, investors, owners, and reporters who covered Vector back then can just talk about what they saw. There is still such a cloud of hate and fear when people start talking about what was Vector Aeromotive during the California Era and the battle between Tommy and Wiegert after the company moved. There are some ugly rumors out there. Some against Tommy and his gang and some against Wiegert and his backers. It is worth noting that Tommy was arrested for his criminal actions in Indonesia. For anyone who knows the MegaTech/Vector story, Tommy should ring a bell.

Kurt, I still wish you the best on journey through life. You call me every bad word ever created and I still would not wish anything bad. I am sure you have many stories you could tell from your days at Vector and I hope you pass them on to someone before time takes those memories or your life away.

For the rest of the people reading these posts, I will gladly let this topic go. I know this is a subject that can bore many readers to tears. Many probably did not read this far down this posting, but for those who did, I hope you all enjoy your cars and can talk about history for fun without getting mad at each other. I have run across Lamborghini owners who ac as if they were wronged by anyone who owns a Ferrari. Lamborghini may have founded out of anger towards Enzo, but that was between them.

Cheers.

While I appreciate your opinion,.... F-40 and the Vector W8’s just for comparison.  

.97 for the Vector

.94 for the F-40

It was interesting for me to speak with Ron Tonkins car collection care taker. As you know, Ron has the 009 W-8 as well as a long list of other cars, mostly Ferrari vehicles. The care taker (this would have been back in 2002 or 2003) said the W-8 did not hold up against many of the cars in Ron's collection. He called it a great straight line car, but not handling.

I used to speak with Ron on a pretty regular basis, I have never heard him speak a word about the car and its handling ability. It gets harder to defend the car and its ability to corner as time goes on, Vector W8 owners are in a poor position regarding Tires for the car. Michelin produced the XGT plus specifically for the Vector W8 and they stopped producing that tire in the Vectors sizes many years ago. The cars are now sitting on 14 year old rubber and I for one am not brave enough to take the Vector in to corners at extreme speed with Plastic tires. The rubber on all of the cars has become very hard over time. I know the limitations of what is under the car and the car does not handle well with 14 year old rubber.

When the cars were new and had new tires they were exceptional handling cars.

Tony's car, which I hear somewhere else on these boards you ripped to no end, also handles poorly when compared to other exotics. Tony's car has stock suspension, so that also does not back the idea of the W-8 being a great handling car.

Kevin, I can appreciate your enthusiasm for Vector, but you need to know the facts about Tonys car. It does not have the stock suspension. The rear shocks and springs have been substituted with something I have never seen before. Tonys rear brake set up has also been changed as he could not fit the stock rotors on that were sent to him as direct factory replacements by me. There was only one set of brakes ever put on any of the Vector W8' s and Tonys are different. Tonys car has been so modified that its becomes tough to find factory parts on that vehicle. So please dont take this the wrong way, but using Tonys car as an example of what Vector's build quality and handling quality is, would be a disservice to the brand. The sad part about this car is that when Tony first bought it, we recommended that he let David Kostka take a look at it. Tony called David up and David was kind enough to drive all the way out to see Tony's car. He looked the car over and found all of the issues that I had warned him about and a whole lot more. David provided Tony with an estimate to completely restore the car back to 100% original. The price was less than what Tony spent having the engine torn out and rebuilt by the hummer dealer to god knows what specification. Since the Hummer dealer had no idea what internal components were in that engine.

It is sad you have to be childish at times. Call me what you want, I do not go into name calling like children. I know Wiegert has called me a clown because I am a critic. I never claim to be an expert on Vector, but I have been researching Vector for many years and I found many flaws in Vector and Wiegert. I have not posted all the flaws because some of the people who told me things seemed bias. I try to debate topics, hoping to get good discussions. You saying that 99% of what I posted as being false or based on rumors shows your bias against anyone who says something back about the glory days of Vector which you were part of. It is interesting to see the differences in opinions about life at Vector during the glory days.

Kevin, it is an opinion on how you have presented the information you have come up with. Tonys car is a good example. For me it is hard to imagine two owners being so irresponsible with one particular car. Each owner had compounded the problem the other created. Then to use that car as any type of example of what we built is just gut wrenching to me and to any previous Vector employee. David Kostka included.

I spread lies, as if you saying the W-8 was the best car built during its production run is tryrh. As much as you want to slam the McLaren, there is no way you can say the W-8 is on the level of the F1. Bring together leading automotive experts to look over a F1 and a W8 and I can assure you they will rank the F1 a superior car to a W-8.

Kevin these statements are not my own, many experts from the major automotive publications have also praised the materials and build quality of the W8.

I do agree some people are very harsh to W-8s. They call them glorified kitcars. There does seem to be a pattern of people going on way or other when talking about W-8s. Some of the people I have seen on other boards or topics doing the same thing with other brands or models. In one thread they are saying the W-8 is a kitcar, on another calling a Viper a kitcar, and then another calling Callaway C12 a kitcar. For some, bashing things on message boards may give them pleasure.

It makes for a better story when controversy is created. Many publications survive due to their ability to bash vehicle brands. AutoWeek is a good example of this.

I know matter what I say, you have already created an opinion about me that will never change. That is your choice. It is your own assumption that I am trying to make a name for myself with Vector. First off, if someone wants to make a name for themself, picking an almost forgotten brand of exotic car with a mucky image is not a logical choice. I know you do not see Vector that way, but there are many who do think that way. One of the most published automotive clomunist, Bob Hagin, was someone I was lucky enough to spend time with before his passing. Bob was respected for his opinions because he did not get carried away with his comments and he could back his statements. Bob felt Vector was a disappointment.

My point is, I have nothing to gain from being known as an expert of Vector. I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great people who share a strong interest in Vector. The range of people is amazing to me. There are Vector fans who are wealthy with impressive backgrounds on over to someone like Vector Files, the greatest Vector fan in the world who has devoted what few extra dollars and extra time he has to following anything Vector. I never expected to meet so many wonderful people when I started researching Vector.

The reason I started researching Vector was because I was in love with the dream of Vector. I was a teenage car nut with a Vector poster on my wall and mags on Vector in my room. My desire to research Vector was just because I wondered what happened to that dream. Why did it come crashing down was what I was thinking. I had no thoughts of hanging with wealthy people or trying to make money or name from it. The reality is my research has cost me a lot of money which I will never see again. I do have some great memories and have met some great people in the process.

These days I my Vector poster is framed and I collected a lot more on Vector. I may not be wealthy or have had a chance to drive all the great cars of the world, but I follow the automotive world with passion and soak up knowledge from the people and places I go. I love cars and automotive history. That is my hobby, nothing more. When you say I am trying to make a name or trying to make money, I can only say that is wrong.

I am not against Vector. I am not Wiegert. I was the one that got Wiegert a spot on Tactical to Practical on the History Channel. When I worked for the Blackhawk Automotive Museum where 006 W-8 was kept for almost a year, I told people about this unique slice of American automotive history. I made sure people knew the company was started by a design student fresh out of school who had a vision. When you look at extoic car companies, many were started by wealthy people or someone with a lot of experience. Wiegert was a successful student who wanted to a make a car that fit his vision. I also told people about the passion of the staff of Vector. Staff members such as yourself.

Kurt, I really hope no one is out to make you to be a bad guy or look like an idiot. I have a lot respect for what was done at Vector and I have heard of the work you have done since. The main thing that bothers me is when I see statements about the Vector W-8 being superior to all other cars of its era. I can go with it is an impressive car. I do believe people should give the W-8 some respect.

It is amazing to see how much passions flare up when the past is brought up. I still hope for the day when more Vector employees, investors, owners, and reporters who covered Vector back then can just talk about what they saw. There is still such a cloud of hate and fear when people start talking about what was Vector Aeromotive during the California Era and the battle between Tommy and Wiegert after the company moved. There are some ugly rumors out there. Some against Tommy and his gang and some against Wiegert and his backers. It is worth noting that Tommy was arrested for his criminal actions in Indonesia. For anyone who knows the MegaTech/Vector story, Tommy should ring a bell.

Kurt, I still wish you the best on journey through life. You call me every bad word ever created and I still would not wish anything bad. I am sure you have many stories you could tell from your days at Vector and I hope you pass them on to someone before time takes those memories or your life away.

For the rest of the people reading these posts, I will gladly let this topic go. I know this is a subject that can bore many readers to tears. Many probably did not read this far down this posting, but for those who did, I hope you all enjoy your cars and can talk about history for fun without getting mad at each other. I have run across Lamborghini owners who ac as if they were wronged by anyone who owns a Ferrari. Lamborghini may have founded out of anger towards Enzo, but that was between them.

Kevin,

I appreciate you enthusiasm for the car but I wish your would utilize other W8's to base your opinion on. Tonys car is a mess. He has not helped it any by letting the people he has, work on it.

I would invite you to look at car 018, 015 my car and several others that are well cared for. I would love to sit down with you and have some meaningful conversations regarding the subject. But my love for the car grew out of its build quality and no compromise approach that was taken at the time. I worked for Vector because of the car, not because of Jerry. David Kostka is the only reason the W8 exists in the form it did. Dont get me wrong, Jerry contributed to the cars build quality, he was extremely anal about the fit and finish of the cars. Nothing went together without being absolutely perfect, and if nothing else Jerry is a perfectionist.

Its not you I hate Kevin, its the manner in which you approached the Vector W8 subject. I am happy to discuss this subject with you at any time. You just have to erase a lot of what you have learned and the opinions you have formed due to Tony's W8. Please read above as I have posted responses to many paragraphs directly below them.

Cheers.

Those springs and shocks do not belong on that car. The carriers and adjusters are factory parts but not the rest of the set up.

Hi Rakjoe,

You have done nothing but be a great sport and support out here. I really appreciate you and your ability to understand what is being said. You of all people on this board are high on my respect list.

I have pulled your comments in to many posts that I have continued on with, but none of them were directed at you. So please do not take them that way.

Thank you for all you have posted out here. :D

Hi Rakjoe,

You have done nothing but be a great sport and support out here. I really appreciate you and your ability to understand what is being said. You of all people on this board are high on my respect list.  

I have pulled your comments in to many posts that I have continued on with, but none of them were directed at you. So please do not take them that way.  

Thank you for all you have posted out here.  :D

I think all of the L/P team is very supportive of having you guys using L/P as a platform to share notes and stories about Vector.

Please look at L/P as your home and feel free to invite other Vector fans to join us and contribute their knowledge and experience.

To me Vector represents the only true attempt of any domestic manufacture to produce an exotic to compete with the best Europe had to offer (Saleen of recent years is the other one, maybe). Respect is due and who knows, there might chapter 2 waiting to be written some day.

Thanks for a great day Kurt! easily one of the greatest day's I've had in quite some time; I think everything ended up where it could'nt have been more perfect :)

By friday, that video of your Vector overheating should be done ;) :axe:

I think a teaser could be in store for LP members :goodman:

Thanks for a great day Kurt! easily one of the greatest day's I've had in quite some time; I think everything ended up where it could'nt have been more perfect :)

I think a teaser could be in store for LP members   :goodman:

Hi Isaac,

Glad you had a good time. I am looking forward to seeing that. I hope everything turned out the way you wanted it to for the day. I was glad the weather held out for us. :)

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

I think a teaser could be in store for LP members   :goodman:

Hi Isaac,

Glad you had a good time. I am looking forward to seeing that. I hope everything turned out the way you wanted it to for the day. I was glad the weather held out for us. :)

Kurt

Are we talking about

? :shock: :shock:

I for one don't mind to sit on the side lines and watch the action,I admit that it fascinates me as much as any Lambo war story does....

I thought you were against P & R threads on-line :shock: :lol: ?

... now about the Sand Box ? Where is Erik ? :lol:

• 4 years later...
Dude, its a fcuking 4.5 year old thread.

Sorry, I was searching and came across this thread.

Guest Rob Burgundy

SE30 is fcuking killing me with his post. How old are you SE30?