GALLARDO 2004 AFTERMARKET BUCKET SEAT

Dam

Hi guys I own a gallardo 2004 and I have the car from new but never really enjoyed it because of the bad bad drivers seat . After years I decided to give it one more chance and have fun with the car and decided to buy a bucket seat Sparco or Momo . I need any suggestions and opinions about a comfort bucket seat .

thank you all

damianos

Out of curiousity, what did you find so uncomfortable about the stock seats?!  Id get it if you owned an LP570 SL and didn't like the non adjustable carbon buckets (they can be a bit awkward) but I also found stock Gallardo seats to be quite comfortable.   Is it a size thing?   Are you 6'7" and just don't fit properly?  (not even sure that would affect the stock G's)

On 6/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, Dam said:

Hi guys I own a gallardo 2004 and I have the car from new but never really enjoyed it because of the bad bad drivers seat . After years I decided to give it one more chance and have fun with the car and decided to buy a bucket seat Sparco or Momo . I need any suggestions and opinions about a comfort bucket seat .

thank you all

damianos

On 6/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, Kevin2772 said:

Out of curiousity, what did you find so uncomfortable about the stock seats?!  Id get it if you owned an LP570 SL and didn't like the non adjustable carbon buckets (they can be a bit awkward) but I also found stock Gallardo seats to be quite comfortable.   Is it a size thing?   Are you 6'7" and just don't fit properly?  (not even sure that would affect the stock G's)

Thank you fie the reply kevin

Sl seats are sparco chrono race which is one option my problem with oem seat is that is very flat and after 40 minutes all your lower back is in big pain thats why wanted to try something that make the car love it to drive . Any suggestions would be much appreciated .

Thanks

Not sure if this is of any help but the LP570SL OEM sports seats (the one-piece, non-recline, light-weight type) were made by Sparco.  So in case you haven't done so already, please try it prior to purchasing the Sparco.

what about getting a lumbar support piece to fit for your lower back? Would be a lot easier than replacing the seat.

10 hours ago, Dam said:

So which Sparco is the exact sl seat?

No idea but here are some pics as a reference.  The one on the left is the OEM light-weight sports seats on the LP570-4 Superleggera (made by Sparco); the one on the right is the OEM North-American-spec'd seat on the original 2008 Gallardo Superleggera.

You will also need a pair of plug-in resistors to fool your 2004 G on defeating the side airbags.

SL Seats (22).jpg

SL Seats (21).jpg

SL Seats (19).jpg

On 6/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, Dam said:

thank you all

damianos

On 6/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, Kevin2772 said:

Thank you fie the reply kevin

Sl seats are sparco chrono race which os one option my oroblem with oem seat is that is very fkat and after 40 minutes all your lower back is in big pain thats why wanted to try something that make the car love to drive . Any suggestions would be much apreciated .

Thanks

Just looking at these makes my back hurt :lol2:

All joking aside, you've had the car for 15 years and are just now wanting to change seats because they hurt? How many miles have you put on it? 

On 6/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, Dam said:

VCR i have ordered Tillett Carbon B6 Screamer xl .i will get back with foto when arrive !

damianos

Thank you for the update.  Tbh, it doesn't look too comfy but so long as it fits you fine, that's what counts.

A reminder that if the new seats don't come with the resistor plugs, you will need to make a pair to plug into the side airbag wiring harness otherwise you will get an airbag warning light.

• 3 weeks later...

Tillett seats are very good with my long but troublesome back. Way better shape than any Recaro seat I have ever sit on.

At least the B5, B6 and B1 are.