Installed a Kreissieg F1 Exhaust

Aleksandr

I want to give a HUGE shoutout and thanks to Jason Giannetti from Giannetti Performance (https://www.instagram.com/giannettiperformance) for taking the time to walk me through installing the Kreissieg F1 exhaust system on my 2009 Murcielago LP640. Jason is a stand up guy and definitely knows his way around the Murcielago platform! My only issue with him is that he's not local to me, as I would have him work on my Murcielago 100%! :p ;) HOWEVER, if you're in the New Jersey/New York area I would highly recommend taking your Italian exotic to him. 

The best part of this whole experience was getting the opportunity to wrench on an italian exotic with my closest friends. We had previously installed an exhaust system on my Gallardo Superleggera and had so much fun...

Now onto the photos!

A friend of mine let me use his shop lift to do the installation. Highly recommended to use a lift as it will make life a whole LOT easier undoing the bolts on clamps from underneath the car. You could possibly get away without using a lift but expect at least another 3-5 hours added to your workload.

Jy702gf.jpg

Removing the top section was the easiest part, after it was removed, we where surprised to see this ugly box looking muffler that Lamborghini chose to use for the stock LP640 Murcielago system.

l98Ocka.jpg
1yY74Ja.jpg
Ugan63p.jpg

Mufflers and secondary cats removed exposing the pesky primary cats!

r3je9vG.jpg

Climbing inside made things easier! :eek: :p

uBhNCT0.jpg

In order to pull out the driver side primary cat, you need to undue the bolts on the motor mount and get the engine up a few inches. We opted to do this from above. 

WgAYswq.jpg

Both primary cats removed, now the almighty 6.5L Bizzarini V12 can finally breath!

kYazI36.jpg
xoovPN0.jpg

Aligning the Kreissieg exhaust tips...

6KOkSxC.jpg
FR6pOnv.jpg

ALL DONE AND INSTALLED!! Now to put everything back together...

pbS23OH.jpg

Peep the logo sticking out :evil::evil:

7nRqbmk.jpg

Flyby video!

More videos coming soon-!

Sounds fierce and looks like a fun time with mechanically-inclined friends.

Thanks for sharing, glad you like the new system and the car looks great as well

Great choice!  I was lucky that 1 of the 2 previous owners of my LP640 installed Kreissieg exhaust.  I absolutely love the sound!  I may be biased - I do think it is the best sounding exhaust I've heard on an LP640.

23 hours ago, rushdriven said:

Great choice!  I was lucky that 1 of the 2 previous owners of my LP640 installed Kreissieg exhaust.  I absolutely love the sound!  I may be biased - I do think it is the best sounding exhaust I've heard on an LP640.

Have you heard MS Racing Stage 2? That may take the cake for me.