Replacement for Min oil pressure regulator switch?

chucklehead

If it has the same specs, it should work. You can bet Lambo used an off the shelf part.

How much is that switch? If it's inexpensive enough, it's worth the gamble.

Purchasing above switch for MIN. Has the connectors, 1/4 NPT,  normally open, can set for >20 bar.

getting Barksdale CSK 15-21-12B  for MAX switch. Normally closed, 700-1900 psi.

They are about $35 a piece.

8B0E66D1-F529-4F2E-9D77-8746FA1E6DA9.png

Huge savings over the factory units, if they work out as a replacement. The Murci world will thank you forever if you pull it off!

2 hours ago, sprite said:

Are these a common failure part? Let us know how they work out.

Seems like they fail fairly often. On my car, the front lift was raising then coming immediately down with front lift light flashing. This was a MIN switch failure.

Can anyone say exactly what the spec needs to be to mimic the Lambo switches, e.g. normally closed at 0 psi and opens at 1200psi, or normally open at 0psi and closes at 100psi, etc for the Min and the Max switches?  I dont have a clear picture in my head of which switches are needed...

On 7/7/2019 at 9:36 AM, V12noise said:

Can anyone say exactly what the spec needs to be to mimic the Lambo switches, e.g. normally closed at 0 psi and opens at 1200psi, or normally open at 0psi and closes at 100psi, etc for the Min and the Max switches?  I dont have a clear picture in my head of which switches are needed...

So nobody knows what they're buying.....?

Does anyone make a Chilton style manual for the Lamborghini's? I remember using those for domestics when I was younger, but never thought to ask or look if they make them for the Italians.

For the MIN switch, normally open. Close when it gets more than 250 psi. Don’t know exact number. Figure that’s why front lift light blinks when you hit a bump.

MAX switch, normally closed. Opens when above 1400 psi, so it knows when it is fully raised.

15 hours ago, chucklehead said:

For the MIN switch, normally open. Close when it gets more than 250 psi. Don’t know exact number. Figure that’s why front lift light blinks when you hit a bump.

MAX switch, normally closed. Opens when above 1400 psi, so it knows when it is fully raised.

Great, thanks for the explanation.