*C8 Corvette Images Inside* How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ?

diabloking

How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ? ( @ 550whp / 500tq / 0-60 ~3.3sec)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ?

• Based on what is known about the new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette at this point would you buy one to replace a current vehicle(s) ?
    • Based on what is known about the new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette at this point would you buy as an addition to your current vehicle(s) ?
    • What price point would make the C8 irresistable to you ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on picking one up but will wait until the Z06/ZR1 variants to make my decision. Always have had a huge soft spot for Corvette. Have to say tho I am severely disappointed there won't be a manual transmission option. I know there DCT will be fun, will just have to look elsewhere for my manual transmission fix.

I'd jump on the last ZR1/Z06 C7's before they skyrocket. I have a sinking feeling the C8 won't do anything but make the FR platform more appealing. Could be wrong, but i'll be interested to see what happens.

If the two leaked images, one being the rear of the car that looks like a Camaro rear, and the other being the "rapid blue" color picture that leaked, are any indication, this thing is going to fall short imo.....

C8 RB.jpg

Change the wheels, get rid of that hideous wing and you’ve got yourself a winner. I’ll wait for the Z06 tho. Cad drawings of the Z06 motor already leaked. TT LT7 V8. No numbers or anything yet. 

C5304855-8E38-4609-9394-C10D23201E2D.jpeg

6.2L V8. 490 hp 470 tq. 0-60 under 3 sec with the Z51 package. Starts under $60,000. I never like the base model Vettes, always a Z06 fan due to the wide body, etc. But I have to say this base model C8 is pretty sexy. Still up in the air on the back of it. Have to wait to see in person. But pretty badass and I bet it’ll perform like a beast! Couple renders some people did on Chevy’s website where you can configure one. Surprised as there are a TON of options compared to before!

03F237DA-6176-41FB-972A-B230613FA7DB.jpeg

6102F984-B7A3-45EB-B239-341E334E4A1F.png

21 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

It is a winner

It better be. GM looks like they bet the farm on this one. I'll be curious to see how their tech holds up on the street when they start getting some mileage.

9 hours ago, Destructo said:

It better be. GM looks like they bet the farm on this one. I'll be curious to see how their tech holds up on the street when they start getting some mileage.

For a 60k car base , they knocked it out of the ballpark . The ZR1 will be interesting for sure

The new C8 Corvette is a definite winner.   The bang for he buck will be too great for some to resist. With a base price of less than $60k I would expect a loaded Stingray to sell for a bit less than $90k. The big dog Zora / ZR-1 is for sure going to be north of $120k, but even at these prices will represent relative value for the dollar.  Will the styling, power and handling be enough to prevail??  Only time will tell.

This had to happen. I was at a show this weekend (Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix) and has the Corvette crew next to our tent.  The old timers/purists are lvid.  Bottomline, Chevy needed to do this if they are to transform the demographics of their owners (the average age ranges from 61-67 years depending on sources)--just Google it.  The C7 didn't move the needle very much. If the Corvette is to compete with its aspirational European rival, this was a necessary move. I think the car is a hit for hits price point--there will be hiccups, hey we still have issue with overheating on the C7 and transmission problem but those will come with any new version of a car. I am more interested in the Z06/ZR1 type iteration of the car. Only time will tell.

In my case,  what I like about the Vette, is that Im really not a fan of any new cars,  but I do sometimes miss the technology and performance of the new cars.  This car could fill that void without spending a fortune, especially once they start leasing them for next to nothing.  That way I can save money to buy more old cars. 

This most definitely is not the jean shorts and New Balance crowd's Corvette. I'll be very curious to see what the market for the used C7's will be. They had a hard time moving them new, and bang for the buck, it's a helluva car.

14 hours ago, Destructo said:

This most definitely is not the jean shorts and New Balance crowd's Corvette. I'll be very curious to see what the market for the used C7's will be. They had a hard time moving them new, and bang for the buck, it's a helluva car.

They only sold 9k Vettes LY in comparison to 37K the year before.  Builds were down but that is still a huge drop and I anticipate cheap C7’s while you wait for C8 to come down in prices and get the kinks out