*C8 Corvette Images Inside* How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ?

diabloking

How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ? ( @ 550whp / 500tq / 0-60 ~3.3sec)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ?

• Based on what is known about the new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette at this point would you buy one to replace a current vehicle(s) ?
    • Based on what is known about the new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette at this point would you buy as an addition to your current vehicle(s) ?
    • What price point would make the C8 irresistable to you ?

23 minutes ago, THIRDGEN said:

I just wish they would just try to rule the American muscle platform instead of trying to compete with Ferraris and other exotics. Its a Chevy. I own 3 old vettes

and I love them but its an apples and oranges comparison.

Interesting, how would you see them changing things if that was the goal? I'm no disagreeing, I'm genuinely interested, never thought of how it would look if they just took aim at the domestic market. 

I'd speculate that means going to back to the front engine set up?

Horsepower wise, Shelby (760 hp) and Dodge (840 w/ Demon) have that under their belt, and Ford has gone mid-engine with the GT (660 hp).

I love some specific Vette's for sure, but I'm not sure I'd see where they could have taken it other than to a mid-engine as a natural evolution. 

Would love to get my hands on a C5 with a LSX build, or a C6 Z06 with mild mods for a fun weekend car. I'll always have a soft spot for domestic power! 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the C8 up close for the first time yesterday.  Overall the car is a huge leap for Chevy.  However, this base car had no wing, an the basic interior.  This trim level will be the vast majority of the cars on the road is what I am going to suspect.  Real enthusiasts will opt for the Z51 package plus more and certainly the "Z06" or "ZR1" will make this a serious contender but will clearly be will into the $100K+ realm.  The ride height on the base car is a little high and you realize how bad it is because the front end might as well be from a monster truck the way it is so high off the ground.  It definitely needs a splitter or some ground effects to change the profile. Overall, Chevy needed to change the conversation and they certainly did that--even as many of their enthusiasts (mostly old guys) complain that its not. a real Vette because the engine is in the wrong place and no manual.

Anyone here drive it yet? I am hoping to get some wheel time in a few weeks when one is delivered to a friend. 

15 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

I saw the C8 up close for the first time yesterday.  Overall the car is a huge leap for Chevy.  However, this base car had no wing, an the basic interior.  This trim level will be the vast majority of the cars on the road is what I am going to suspect.  Real enthusiasts will opt for the Z51 package plus more and certainly the "Z06" or "ZR1" will make this a serious contender but will clearly be will into the $100K+ realm.  The ride height on the base car is a little high and you realize how bad it is because the front end might as well be from a monster truck the way it is so high off the ground.  It definitely needs a splitter or some ground effects to change the profile. Overall, Chevy needed to change the conversation and they certainly did that--even as many of their enthusiasts (mostly old guys) complain that its not. a real Vette because the engine is in the wrong place and no manual.

Anyone here drive it yet? I am hoping to get some wheel time in a few weeks when one is delivered to a friend. 

You're right on on all your points, but I think it's perfect for the entry level people who want "a vette" and don't want to pay terribly much for it. Leave the good stuff to the Z06 and ZR1's. Base model is impressive for just that, but this is hardly even getting into the capability of the car I speculate. 

I feel the new corvette borrowed a lot of design from every car manufacturer. I think its going to be a home run.

I was looking this morning and this came to mind.

img_5454_615133e0c7797c7eb11fa5c260cb6298415d4b40.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.54.14 AM.png.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a well equipped white LT3 Z51 with black Alcantara. Excited to experience the new 'Vette and compare it to the Huracan.

My dealer said I should be seeing it soon. 

14 hours ago, 4xchamp said:

I ordered a well equipped white LT3 Z51 with black Alcantara. Excited to experience the new 'Vette and compare it to the Huracan.

My dealer said I should be seeing it soon. 

I heard production was halted because of the Corona virus. Any updates from your dealer?

9 hours ago, Destructo said:

I heard production was halted because of the Corona virus. Any updates from your dealer?

Really? Are you busting my chops? Lol 

I'm not stressing over it, and pray we all fare well.

14 hours ago, 4xchamp said:

Really? Are you busting my chops? Lol 

I'm not stressing over it, and pray we all fare well.

:lol2: No, no busting chops. Genuinely curious if you were affected from the hysteria.

I heard the same thing about C8 production pausing for now. Not too much of a surprise, Lambo just did it and I heard other manufacturers are likely to do a pause. Its not by choice but an attempt to protect their workforce--makes some business sense too.  Crazy times.

I'm sure GM and their technicians will do the best they can to get units out the door. I haven't heard the plant is closed but if it's necessary so be it.

My dealer did tell me higher optioned cars in basic colors would be the first cars produced so I'd presume mine would be an early build, and let me reiterate "I pray we all fare well"  

BTW 

I think the handling of this virus  is part of a larger agenda. A test if you will to see what it takes to direct and control a populace.

• 5 weeks later...

Picked up yesterday 3LT Z51. Many great attributes especially price but the Huracan feels much faster and racier. 

20200410_162024.jpg

20200410_162103.jpg

20200410_162047.jpg

20200410_162120.jpg

20200410_162258.jpg

On 4/11/2020 at 8:50 PM, 4xchamp said:

Picked up yesterday 3LT Z51. Many great attributes especially price but the Huracan feels much faster and racier. 

20200410_162024.jpg

20200410_162103.jpg

20200410_162047.jpg

20200410_162120.jpg

20200410_162258.jpg

Congrats, looks sharp. To be fair, it's more of a Grand Tourer when compared to the Huracan, so that would make some sense in the differences.

Looks great though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Congrats. Looks great. Awesome color combination. Any plans to mod? lowering springs?

On 4/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Congrats. Looks great. Awesome color combination. Any plans to mod? lowering springs?

Yes!! Twin Turbo commencing soon. Passed the break in period, all is well. Definitely needs more pump. It's a Z51 but this car needs better gears still. It's not quick. My Huracan will stomp it, no contest.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:32 AM, VCR said:

Congrats!  Give us a review if possible please.  

This is a wonderful car just needs a couple of hundred more FT Lbs.

The Huracan is much faster and feels like a race car in comparison but it is also about triple the price.

I think Chevy nailed it and it's only going to get better.

1 hour ago, 4xchamp said:

Yes!! Twin Turbo commencing soon. Passed the break in period, all is well. Definitely needs more pump. It's a Z51 but this car needs better gears still. It's not quick. My Huracan will stomp it, no contest.

I’d hope so. It’s a ~$80,000 base model Sports car. 

I’d say the true comparison will be the Z06/ZR1 variant. 

BUT the fact it’s being compared at all I think attest to how far they’ve come on this generation.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:02 AM, 4xchamp said:

There are a couple twin screw supercharger options that will be out very soon.  :ninja:  That car with 750hp to the tires will be a beast and you'll be able to get there for a very reasonable price.  TT will be neat but I wouldn't be in a rush to beta test that level build. 

• 2 weeks later...

People are asking stupid money for them right now. Is anyone getting 125k for one? More than 100 for the base model Corvette seems stupid to me. You are starting to compare it to so many other cars at that price point. 

57 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

People are asking stupid money for them right now. Is anyone getting 125k for one? More than 100 for the base model Corvette seems stupid to me. You are starting to compare it to so many other cars at that price point. 

That's insane.

Call me crazy, but i'd take a C6 Z06/ZR1 over a C8 base model in a heartbeat! 

3 hours ago, Destructo said:

That's insane.

Call me crazy, but i'd take a C6 Z06/ZR1 over a C8 base model in a heartbeat! 

I think the C6 is a great looking car. I like the C5s too, but they are stupid expensive for a 20 year old car. 

On 5/14/2020 at 7:00 PM, BLK85 said:

I think the C6 is a great looking car. I like the C5s too, but they are stupid expensive for a 20 year old car. 

Have you seen this article, it explains the problem with C5s sales?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32169/the-corvettes-that-dont-get-driven-sold-or-bought/

23 hours ago, NuclearJACK said:

Have you seen this article, it explains the problem with C5s sales?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32169/the-corvettes-that-dont-get-driven-sold-or-bought/

interesting, thanks for sharing!