Jump to content
diabloking

*C8 Corvette Images Inside* How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ?

How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ? ( @ 550whp / 500tq / 0-60 ~3.3sec)  

4 members have voted

  1. 1. How likely are you to consider buying a C8 Corvette ?

    • Based on what is known about the new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette at this point would you buy one to replace a current vehicle(s) ?
      1
    • Based on what is known about the new C8 Mid-Engine Corvette at this point would you buy as an addition to your current vehicle(s) ?
      3
    • What price point would make the C8 irresistable to you ?
      1


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, THIRDGEN said:

I just wish they would just try to rule the American muscle platform instead of trying to compete with Ferraris and other exotics. Its a Chevy. I own 3 old vettes

and I love them but its an apples and oranges comparison.

Interesting, how would you see them changing things if that was the goal? I'm no disagreeing, I'm genuinely interested, never thought of how it would look if they just took aim at the domestic market. 

I'd speculate that means going to back to the front engine set up?

Horsepower wise, Shelby (760 hp) and Dodge (840 w/ Demon) have that under their belt, and Ford has gone mid-engine with the GT (660 hp).

I love some specific Vette's for sure, but I'm not sure I'd see where they could have taken it other than to a mid-engine as a natural evolution. 

Would love to get my hands on a C5 with a LSX build, or a C6 Z06 with mild mods for a fun weekend car. I'll always have a soft spot for domestic power! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the C8 up close for the first time yesterday.  Overall the car is a huge leap for Chevy.  However, this base car had no wing, an the basic interior.  This trim level will be the vast majority of the cars on the road is what I am going to suspect.  Real enthusiasts will opt for the Z51 package plus more and certainly the "Z06" or "ZR1" will make this a serious contender but will clearly be will into the $100K+ realm.  The ride height on the base car is a little high and you realize how bad it is because the front end might as well be from a monster truck the way it is so high off the ground.  It definitely needs a splitter or some ground effects to change the profile. Overall, Chevy needed to change the conversation and they certainly did that--even as many of their enthusiasts (mostly old guys) complain that its not. a real Vette because the engine is in the wrong place and no manual.

 

Anyone here drive it yet? I am hoping to get some wheel time in a few weeks when one is delivered to a friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

I saw the C8 up close for the first time yesterday.  Overall the car is a huge leap for Chevy.  However, this base car had no wing, an the basic interior.  This trim level will be the vast majority of the cars on the road is what I am going to suspect.  Real enthusiasts will opt for the Z51 package plus more and certainly the "Z06" or "ZR1" will make this a serious contender but will clearly be will into the $100K+ realm.  The ride height on the base car is a little high and you realize how bad it is because the front end might as well be from a monster truck the way it is so high off the ground.  It definitely needs a splitter or some ground effects to change the profile. Overall, Chevy needed to change the conversation and they certainly did that--even as many of their enthusiasts (mostly old guys) complain that its not. a real Vette because the engine is in the wrong place and no manual.

 

Anyone here drive it yet? I am hoping to get some wheel time in a few weeks when one is delivered to a friend. 

You're right on on all your points, but I think it's perfect for the entry level people who want "a vette" and don't want to pay terribly much for it. Leave the good stuff to the Z06 and ZR1's. Base model is impressive for just that, but this is hardly even getting into the capability of the car I speculate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the new corvette borrowed a lot of design from every car manufacturer. I think its going to be a home run.

I was looking this morning and this came to mind.

img_5454_615133e0c7797c7eb11fa5c260cb6298415d4b40.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.54.14 AM.png.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a well equipped white LT3 Z51 with black Alcantara. Excited to experience the new 'Vette and compare it to the Huracan.

My dealer said I should be seeing it soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 4xchamp said:

I ordered a well equipped white LT3 Z51 with black Alcantara. Excited to experience the new 'Vette and compare it to the Huracan.

My dealer said I should be seeing it soon. 

I heard production was halted because of the Corona virus. Any updates from your dealer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Destructo said:

I heard production was halted because of the Corona virus. Any updates from your dealer?

Really? Are you busting my chops? Lol 

I'm not stressing over it, and pray we all fare well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 4xchamp said:

Really? Are you busting my chops? Lol 

I'm not stressing over it, and pray we all fare well.

 

:lol2: No, no busting chops. Genuinely curious if you were affected from the hysteria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard the same thing about C8 production pausing for now. Not too much of a surprise, Lambo just did it and I heard other manufacturers are likely to do a pause. Its not by choice but an attempt to protect their workforce--makes some business sense too.  Crazy times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure GM and their technicians will do the best they can to get units out the door. I haven't heard the plant is closed but if it's necessary so be it.

My dealer did tell me higher optioned cars in basic colors would be the first cars produced so I'd presume mine would be an early build, and let me reiterate "I pray we all fare well"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW 

I think the handling of this virus  is part of a larger agenda. A test if you will to see what it takes to direct and control a populace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...