LaRa's 6-7 OBDII Cables

Old Guy Garage

As an FYI, I can make Murcielago and Gallardo LaRa 6-7 OBDII cables, guaranteed to work! These would be identical to the OEM cables in regards to function-fit, 5' long approximately. I would need 20 pieces of each to make that happen. $500 per.

25 minutes ago, Old Guy Garage said:

As an FYI, I can make Murcielago and Gallardo LaRa 6-7 OBDII cables, guaranteed to work! These would be identical to the OEM cables in regards to function-fit, 5' long approximately. I would need 20 pieces of each to make that happen. $500 per.

What's in the cable that makes it cost $500, or is that just Lambo tax? You can buy a whole laptop/desktop for that price...

And what software do you use with the cable? 

My regular $14 wireless bluetooth OBDII adapter works fine with a $10 iphone app to read standard OBDII codes and reset CEL's for my Murci, so unless the cable comes with the software to read Lambo-specific codes, or talk to the Koni ECU, or Air Bag ECU's, I don't understand the value.

You have to have the LaRa's software and interface. Cables are direct factory replacement spec. Not for aftermarket stuff. With Lara's, egear snap, bleeding, the whole 9 yards. For the most part these are unobtanium.

5 minutes ago, Old Guy Garage said:

You have to have the LaRa's software and interface. Cables are direct factory replacement spec. Not for aftermarket stuff

Oh ok. Anyway to get that without having to buy a grey market kit for $10K with questionable license keys and no updates or support? If so, put me down for a cable, otherwise it's just a $500 paperweight.

2 hours ago, Old Guy Garage said:

Still need Actia Basic XS also right?

Just now, Old Guy Garage said:

Yes

I'm down for a set. Any idea where to get the Actia Basic XS+ from?

4 minutes ago, Old Guy Garage said:

Murcielago egear cable which also does the ecu.

-LaRA-AS OBD interface Cable for Murcielagos

So that will only work on LP murcielagos? From this diagram it seems pre LP Murcis (and possibly 07 LP640?) need a K-Line adapter instead?

Lara Cables-2.png

All OBDII

Murcielago 2002 - 2006 Coupe and Roadster

Murcielago 2007 - 2009 LP640 Coupe and Roadster

Murcielago 2008 Revention

Murcielago 2010 LP640

Murcielago 2010 LP670 SV 

Different Cable

Gallardo 2004 - 2008 Coupe and Spyder

9 hours ago, Old Guy Garage said:

All OBDII

Murcielago 2002 - 2006 Coupe and Roadster

Murcielago 2007 - 2009 LP640 Coupe and Roadster

Murcielago 2008 Revention

Murcielago 2010 LP640

Murcielago 2010 LP670 SV 

Different Cable

Gallardo 2004 - 2008 Coupe and Spyder

That doesn't seem to match what I posted above. Note the black/grey cable. For example 08 Murci and 04-08 Gallardo are Grey Cable, while 09/10 Murci and 0-14 Gallardo are black cable and 02-07 need K-Line adapter. From which I understand has a switch that toggles between airbag and abs and should be set on airbag setting for e-gear operations.

The only ones I can have duplicated are as I posted above in my previous post, no others.  I understand that the same Murci cable 00200-48B works across the entire platform, if not then 08 MY and up on Murci. If others could chime in, perhaps we can get a definitive answer. I will test in on a pre 07 in the next 3-4 weeks.

To use Lare you need cables as I list.

First Gen Gallardo's Basic XS and Grey cable. 

Second Gen Gallardo's Basic XS and Black cable.

04-07 Murci ABS/AIR BAG Kline cable. 

08 Murci Basic XS and Grey cable.

09-10 Murci Basic XS and Black cable.

First Gen Gallardo's use Lara and LDAS for diagnostics.

Gen 2 Gallardo's  use Lara only.

02/03 Murci use LDAS and AIR BAG and ABS software.

04-10  Murci use LDAS, LARA, AIR BAG and ABS software. 

As far as different software I will list.

LDAS which uses a LDAS cable and dose not plug into OBD port.

LARA which dose plug into OBD port.

AIR BAG program which plugs into OBD port.

ABS program which plugs into OBD port.

ODIS is used on Aventador, Huracan and Urus and is used to get radio codes for both Gen 1 & 2 Gallardo's, it uses a different cable (5054 head cable) that plugs into OBD port. Note Gen 1 Gallardo's will also need the OBD adaptor plug you see in one of the pics above for radio code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just joined in and i was wondering if there is a reliable source to obtain the cables for the Lara 7.0 with actia basic xs interface, I see Old Guy G at $500 and I understand supply and demand, however does someone can help me with PIN configuration? Can a STD OBD2 cable be modified .... thank you in advance, the one i actually need is for the 06 Gallardo, if i can obtain all the rest of them later on will be good, for now i need to reprogram my EGear as it went crazy after battery died

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from Bullstuff, I have LARA 6.0 & 7.0, two different cables needed for early model Gallardo, same cable does LP Gallardo and Murcie.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, jefflambo said:

To use Lare you need cables as I list.

First Gen Gallardo's Basic XS and Grey cable. 

Second Gen Gallardo's Basic XS and Black cable.

04-07 Murci ABS/AIR BAG Kline cable. 

08 Murci Basic XS and Grey cable.

09-10 Murci Basic XS and Black cable.

First Gen Gallardo's use Lara and LDAS for diagnostics.

Gen 2 Gallardo's  use Lara only.

02/03 Murci use LDAS and AIR BAG and ABS software.

04-10  Murci use LDAS, LARA, AIR BAG and ABS software. 

As far as different software I will list.

LDAS which uses a LDAS cable and dose not plug into OBD port.

LARA which dose plug into OBD port.

AIR BAG program which plugs into OBD port.

ABS program which plugs into OBD port.

ODIS is used on Aventador, Huracan and Urus and is used to get radio codes for both Gen 1 & 2 Gallardo's, it uses a different cable (5054 head cable) that plugs into OBD port. Note Gen 1 Gallardo's will also need the OBD adaptor plug you see in one of the pics above for radio code.

Awesome info Jeff -- thank you!

Can you tell us what LIE is used for with Lamborghini's? 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:22 PM, Stimpy said:

Awesome info Jeff -- thank you!

Can you tell us what LIE is used for with Lamborghini's? 

Do you mean what is the LIE used for? There are 2 LIE used they are the engine control units. 1 for each bank they are the same unit for each bank and can be swapped. LDAS is used to look at reading from these ECUs.

Thanks, Jeff!

Is this the cable for LDAS that connects to the connector in the fuse panel area in the passenger footwell? Or does it connect somewhere else?

791CDA22-7B74-40F4-BAD7-A5FB9481A2FE.jpeg

BEE7D603-3247-405D-895F-51FBA8796260.jpeg

That software works.

Answered my own question on the cable above, it works with LDAS to talk to ECU’s.

Another question for JeffLambo: What’s the procedure to clear the airbag code with the Airbag software? We are talking to the airbag module, but can’t find the instructions on how you use the software to clear the light. That software seems pretty cryptic.