SVJ63 roadster?

alpha6164

57 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

That is just wrong - go see the difference between a clean stradale and a striped or Ford GT Heritage and ... 

Feel free to share an example of your record my guess is you can not add Porsche has been tossing stickers for years appears to work out very well regardless the 63 Roadster paint scheme is sold out and there are many paint schemes and other items that were shared in Monterey. 

I very well could be wrong, I'm no expert, but note these key words and phrases- "SPECULATE", "But that could be my bias against...","Decals don't do shit for [ME]," (Note the emphasis on my personal taste, not market based).

That being said, you're pulling examples of other brands to try to make a Lamborghini point. I'm only talking Lamborghini here.  The 63 is paint and decals. Now if someone is buying one, more power to them, and that's great! I wouldn't pay a dime more for that. It's not special in my book. All that matters if the person paying for it thinks it special. If they are trying to buy it to impress others with it's "specialness" then they have a very fragile ego and get rattled when people say it isn't worth something to them. 

A Ford GT Heritage Edition will obviously pull more money, it has a much longer and more pronounced provenance in motorsport and automotive history. The livery's are based on history and are celebrating victories that go back to the 1960's, not two races from 2018 and 2019. And Ford can get away with collectors paying more for a car with paint and decals; same with Ferrari. That marque has a hold on motorsport lore of past and present. They can get away with special editions, but I don't think either are churning out special editions compared to Lamborghini. Ford looks to be doing more with the new generation GT, which may help or hurt. Time will tell.

Not trying to be funny here, but are Gallardo SE's or Nera's pulling substantially more than comparable models of the coupes? 

And speaking of special editions, are any of the roughly 18 global special "sticker and paint" editions of the face-lifted Gallardo doing marginally better? 

Aventador special editions wise, even the  50th got a bump in power so that's not really a fair comparison. So i mean if someone is really a big fan of the 2018 and 2019 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring races, and LOVE Lamborghini's, then Lamborghini has the PERFECT car for them!

But anyone else? I'm not convinced someone in 10 years will pay more for a paint and decal set that isn't even based on the livery's of the winning cars. And what does 1963 have to do with races from 2018 and 2019? I get its the year the company was founded, but it's a limp-wristed attempt at a special edition to bilk the buyers for more money with no additional advantage other than trying to say it's going to be a collector's item down the road. It might be, it could be, but will it? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

I very well could be wrong, I'm no expert, but note these key words and phrases- "SPECULATE", "But that could be my bias against...","Decals don't do shit for [ME]," (Note the emphasis on my personal taste, not market based).

That being said, you're pulling examples of other brands to try to make a Lamborghini point. I'm only talking Lamborghini here.  The 63 is paint and decals. Now if someone is buying one, more power to them, and that's great! I wouldn't pay a dime more for that. It's not special in my book. All that matters if the person paying for it thinks it special. If they are trying to buy it to impress others with it's "specialness" then they have a very fragile ego and get rattled when people say it isn't worth something to them. 

A Ford GT Heritage Edition will obviously pull more money, it has a much longer and more pronounced provenance in motorsport and automotive history. The livery's are based on history and are celebrating victories that go back to the 1960's, not two races from 2018 and 2019. And Ford can get away with collectors paying more for a car with paint and decals; same with Ferrari. That marque has a hold on motorsport lore of past and present. They can get away with special editions, but I don't think either are churning out special editions compared to Lamborghini. Ford looks to be doing more with the new generation GT, which may help or hurt. Time will tell.

Not trying to be funny here, but are Gallardo SE's or Nera's pulling substantially more than comparable models of the coupes? 

And speaking of special editions, are any of the roughly 18 global special "sticker and paint" editions of the face-lifted Gallardo doing marginally better? 

Aventador special editions wise, even the  50th got a bump in power so that's not really a fair comparison. So i mean if someone is really a big fan of the 2018 and 2019 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring races, and LOVE Lamborghini's, then Lamborghini has the PERFECT car for them!

But anyone else? I'm not convinced someone in 10 years will pay more for a paint and decal set that isn't even based on the livery's of the winning cars. And what does 1963 have to do with races from 2018 and 2019? I get its the year the company was founded, but it's a limp-wristed attempt at a special edition to bilk the buyers for more money with no additional advantage other than trying to say it's going to be a collector's item down the road. It might be, it could be, but will it? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's got nothing to do with the value of paint and stickers. The 63 like any other brand that does the same is offered to special customers. Every brand does the same thing to reward their VIP's as did Ferrari 70th anniversary paint schemes. 

It's art - the buyer embraces the benefit of owning something more special as will the next owner. 

Is a rare color worth more - absolutely is a prior owner add to a cars value absolutely and so on. 

Porsche paint to sample cars sell for way more and customers die for those and Porsche just raised the price by multiples. 

Anytime you have a special car it's value is higher - not only in terms of dollar but it tells a story. 

10 years from now - assure you a 63 roadster if it is which I believe the last NA V12 will fair better than a JOTA roadster.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:46 AM, exitr said:

These cars look like a mess. Is there any evidence even 25% of those vanes, inlets, and diffusers are functional? It has more "aero" attachments than a GTE Pro car yet is likely much lower performance than a Pista that doesn't even have a real spoiler...

The aero is effective enough to set a 'ring record . . .

On 8/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

It's got nothing to do with the value of paint and stickers. The 63 like any other brand that does the same is offered to special customers. Every brand does the same thing to reward their VIP's as did Ferrari 70th anniversary paint schemes. 

It's art - the buyer embraces the benefit of owning something more special as will the next owner. 

Is a rare color worth more - absolutely is a prior owner add to a cars value absolutely and so on. 

Porsche paint to sample cars sell for way more and customers die for those and Porsche just raised the price by multiples. 

Anytime you have a special car it's value is higher - not only in terms of dollar but it tells a story. 

10 years from now - assure you a 63 roadster if it is which I believe the last NA V12 will fair better than a JOTA roadster.

Don't you find it the least bit hilarious they are celebrating a Huracan motorsports victory on a Aventador? The Aventador doesn't even compete in the series, let alone at all! :lol2: 

This won't be the last NA V12 edition car. Lamborghini has a penchant for doing "special" editions, you'd think they'd let this one be the last? I'd be VERY surprised. 

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

Don't you find it the least bit hilarious they are celebrating a Huracan motorsports victory on a Aventador? The Aventador doesn't even compete in the series, let alone at all! :lol2: 

This won't be the last NA V12 edition car. Lamborghini has a penchant for doing "special" editions, you'd think they'd let this one be the last? I'd be VERY surprised. 

45 days V12  track form and soon a hybrid V12. 

I do think the 63 will be but who knows as the LB48 sets the tone for the next generation. 

In the past I was the furthest thing from a Lambo buyer - today the brand is the best out there.

Carbon tub roadster V12 there is nothing in it's class plus it's ridiculously fast on track and the Huracan even faster what is there not to like. 

Not a fan of turbo's battery pork - it's cheap short term power gain long term inconsistent failure. 

Game changing photos - hoping to make Frankfurt. 

86c424077a306014ae0613f04cbc59eb.jpg

69300155_10219287445041872_5955631622362497024_n.jpg

20 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

45 days V12  track form and soon a hybrid V12. 

I do think the 63 will be but who knows as the LB48 sets the tone for the next generation. 

In the past I was the furthest thing from a Lambo buyer - today the brand is the best out there.

Carbon tub roadster V12 there is nothing in it's class plus it's ridiculously fast on track and the Huracan even faster what is there not to like. 

Not a fan of turbo's battery pork - it's cheap short term power gain long term inconsistent failure. 

Game changing photos - hoping to make Frankfurt. 

So in 45 days they are revealing a track-oriented (but not series sanctioned or approved variant) of the Aventador, correct? I'm assuming it's a "one-off" of sorts that isn't road legal, like a Sesto Elemento? So no on-road capability or series approved?

The Sesto for all it's awesomeness, was an absolute sales DISASTER. Hopefully they learned that lesson on the next one. 

"Best brand" is totally subjective to each buyer, but it's good that aligns with your tastes. A lot of people here share that, so preaching to the choir :lol2: 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:51 AM, Destructo said:

So in 45 days they are revealing a track-oriented (but not series sanctioned or approved variant) of the Aventador, correct? I'm assuming it's a "one-off" of sorts that isn't road legal, like a Sesto Elemento? So no on-road capability or series approved?

The Sesto for all it's awesomeness, was an absolute sales DISASTER. Hopefully they learned that lesson on the next one. 

"Best brand" is totally subjective to each buyer, but it's good that aligns with your tastes. A lot of people here share that, so preaching to the choir :lol2: 

Yeah, internally it's called the SV-R. It's non road-legal track vehicle, like FXX and that ilk.

15 minutes ago, porter said:

Yeah, internally it's called the SV-R. It's non road-legal track vehicle, like FXX and that ilk.

Any rumor on if they are selling, or are they still presenting them to potential buyers? 

On 9/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, Destructo said:

It's going to be a series but do not know a whole lot until the event. 

Sesto - do not know much about it. It's interesting when Ferrari makes a one off track only car it's far from a disaster and the SC18 at 6m is also far from a disaster. Times for Lamborghini have changed their owners and buyers have changed and most importantly their following. Our local area club is killing it as is Andrew on a worldwide scale. Expect the momentum to keep going as the brand is worth following and celebrating with their special one off track road etc. 

I know there is a lot of bad blood about Lambrghini depreciation lack of performance and so on in the past. It would be great to see this place pick up more owners enthusiasts driving reviews. I think repeating what mistakes have been made is enough already vs celebrating the brand. 

Most Lambo owners are not track oriented let alone know the history of Lamborghini - they had some truly great moments prefer to look at those over their downfalls. Senna in what should have been Lamborghini's brightest moment got bought off by another race team. At the end of the day if it were not for a moment like that histoy IMO would have looked favorably to the brand. 

The SV63 appears to be the end of the Aventador which will end the NA V12. 

Hope we stop seeing depreciation and possible appreciation - the next gen will most likely have a substantial increase.