Monterey 2019

Destructo

On 8/1/2019 at 3:48 PM, sl55 said:

So everything this year is based on a QR code. I received an e-mail for launch party last night. Basically you receive a link to confirm you're attending, once confirmed Lamborghini will e-mail you a QR code. There is no guests allowed so you have to be preregistered and have a QR code. Also the launch party is happening at a different house  and not at the lounge house.

Yes I got the QR code and the email it came with specifically said no guests.  I didn't know the lounge house was at a different location from the party.  Is the lounge at the same house as last year?

On 7/29/2019 at 9:41 AM, Supercar Ace said:

I have 1 ticket available and another that is 50/50, but I'll know by the end of this week.

Do you still have that 1 tickets available??

50 minutes ago, Luckydaff said:

So what is it that Lamborghini will unveil at the show? Anyone have any idea?

SVJ 63 Roadster at the Quail, and something at the party I'd speculate.

Just got my lounge pass from my dealer (LoV) who've been incredible getting me access for the lounge and launch party.

Now I just have to find a hotel room in Monterey or else I'll have to make the drive down from SJ.

67975370_10162032717535175_9939197794944

I think the F1 goes for 25m plus. Maybe it already did.

23 hours ago, BLK85 said:

I think the F1 goes for 25m plus. Maybe it already did.

19.8 including fees I believe.

The Porsche is going to be the big one tonight at RM. 

I watched a lot of the RM last night, and noticed that things weren't selling near the estimated values. Some more, but most less. Market must have some spooked?

The Islero sold at a decent price, $225K i think and the 25th Anniversary Countach wasn't super high. I'll do a write up of the Lambo's next week for the site. 

oh my gosh, did anyone else catch the royal screw up by RM with the first Porsche, the type 64?!

I heard clear as day the auctioneer start off at 30MM and ramp it up to 70MM before correcting himself and saying something about "the energy" and dropping it back down to 17MM.

Obviously took the wind out of the sails and momentum came to a screeching halt. Thing didn't sell and never reached it's expected price. Total shame, but man, did RM screw the pooch with the potentially biggest sale of the weekend. I'm sure someone is getting their ass chewed about it next week. 

Anyone in the room for this one?

23 hours ago, Destructo said:

19.8 including fees I believe.

Missed that one. Good thing that isnt what Im paid for. 

Sadly, his wife passed away from her battle with cancer about 10 days prior to the trip. And understandably did not go. I've been checking in on him a little bit to see how he's doing. 

Dang that sucks. Sorry LamboCars.