SVJ/SVJ Roadster numbers going down?

kingrichards

Was at dealership and a little bird told me that Lamborghini could change or limit the numbers being build,,since SVJ orders are being canceled left and right?

Anyone heard anything? Please chime in?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, E7ITE said:

why are SVJ orders being cancelled?

Due to production numbers?

Lots cancelled in UK by customers but quite a while ago, people thinking they will lose money, some even walking away from deposits, mainly due to lots of speculators in the market now so lots for sale comparatively as Lambo have produced more, so more easily available to newcomers and the usual flippers that Lamborghini dealers shouldn’t be giving cars to  but always do. 

They will I’ll only drop the numbers if they can’t sell them imo, a PR exercise to save face and pretend it’s for the customers benefit. 

47 minutes ago, porter said:

IMO waaay too many SV and SVJ for any of them to be considered collectables. 

I agree.

4 hours ago, topjay said:

Lots cancelled in UK by customers but quite a while ago, people thinking they will lose money, some even walking away from deposits, mainly due to lots of speculators in the market now so lots for sale comparatively as Lambo have produced more, so more easily available to newcomers and the usual flippers that Lamborghini dealers shouldn’t be giving cars to  but always do. 

They will I’ll only drop the numbers if they can’t sell them imo, a PR exercise to save face and pretend it’s for the customers benefit. 

So it could happen? You’re saying 

14 hours ago, topjay said:

Not a surprise really - UK economy is in big shit...end of flipping.

I won’t name the dealership here in US but there is 3 SVJ’s in the floor and the salesperson didn’t took deposits when they specced out the cars and people bailed on these SVJ’s mind you there all coupes tho. My sales guy he told me about it and now they might ask me to place not only deposits (which I gave them 4-5 months ago already) but also potentially additional $50k during the securing the allocation and also another $50k during the build....they are contemplating doing this for repeated clients like me. However this is what they will do to a new fish walking in the door to order any Aventadors...again this is what I was told.

Aren't most SVJ Coupes built by now anyways since roadsters will start being built soon? If they don't make as many as planned the badging will be wrong like they were for the Murci SV.

Haven’t heard much on reducing the numbers but I am all for it. Does anyone have any idea on the number of SVJ produced so far? Also, why would they not produce SVJ alongside SVJ-R? Sprite’s question got me thinking.

41 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

Haven’t heard much on reducing the numbers but I am all for it. Does anyone have any idea on the number of SVJ produced so far? Also, why would they not produce SVJ alongside SVJ-R? Sprite’s question got me thinking.

SVJ R is that the 63 version you’re talking about ?

On 8/22/2019 at 2:54 PM, kingrichards said:

SVJ R is that the 63 version you’re talking about ?

Nope, I am just talking about the "regular" SVJ Roadster.

My dealer has two brand new SVJ coupes for sale last I checked. I'm curious how many are sitting across the country. It seems Lamborghini got overzealous with the production numbers. Wonder if it's specific to the US market or if they are sitting all over? I really wish they would have limited production a lot more.

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

My dealer has two brand new SVJ coupes for sale last I checked. I'm curious how many are sitting across the country. It seems Lamborghini got overzealous with the production numbers. Wonder if it's specific to the US market or if they are sitting all over? I really wish they would have limited production a lot more.

There’s 3 more coupes sitting at another dealer also.  

39 minutes ago, sprite said:

No SVJ's for sale here in Canada but allocation was pretty to low to begin with so dealers didn't have to worry about buyers walking away.

Lamborghini should have capped SVJ production at 900 total instead of 900 coupes and 800 roadsters.

9 hours ago, sl55 said:

No SVJ's for sale here in Canada but allocation was pretty to low to begin with so dealers didn't have to worry about buyers walking away.

Lamborghini should have capped SVJ production at 900 total instead of 900 coupes and 800 roadsters.

Indeed 

I was surprised to hear that there will be more SVJ's than SV's, I thought it would be the other way around with only a few hundred SVJ's total.

8 hours ago, martz said:

I was surprised to hear that there will be more SVJ's than SV's, I thought it would be the other way around with only a few hundred SVJ's total.

That is what I was told when I put down my deposit for the SVJ.  I have since got my deposit back and will keep my SV.

4 hours ago, GT Venom said:

That is what I was told when I put down my deposit for the SVJ.  I have since got my deposit back and will keep my SV.

I am close to joining u in the cancellation. 

20k sitting there as a deposit for 6 months now lol 

4 hours ago, kingrichards said:

I am close to joining u in the cancellation. 

20k sitting there as a deposit for 6 months now lol 

No idea why you would...SVJ is the ultimate car that is under $1 million IMO and its not even close

Don't get me wrong, the SVJ is an incredible car.  For me I don't think there is enough change to  warrant the extra money when my SV is already a great car.

11 hours ago, Zerski said:

No idea why you would...SVJ is the ultimate car that is under $1 million IMO and its not even close

Just wish the numbers were lower them SV

J drives and handles better, SV is more special Imo, if i could only have 1 it would be SV, something magic about it.

J i think thy tried too hard to make it different and got a few things wrong that didn't need changing. 

They do feel like different cars though, J more modern and much more responsive. 

If SV had dual clutch i think it would be a forever car for me, not much on it i would change everything else does the job fine.

With numbers Lamborghini have ruined the market for owners by oversupply, its basically a production mode not a limited carl, anyone that wants one will get one just you might have to wait a bit.