SVJ/SVJ Roadster numbers going down?

kingrichards

Has the SVJ reached a point of oversupply though?  If there are as many cancellations as people are led to believe then maybe the final production numbers will end up being close to the SV or perhaps even less.  Perhaps the ones sitting around on dealership floors are simply poorly specced and therefore not too desirable.

We could have a Murcie SV situation happening again where the car was initially "undesirable" and then after several years it becomes a sought-after item.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, E7ITE said:

Has the SVJ reached a point of oversupply though?  If there are as many cancellations as people are led to believe then maybe the final production numbers will end up being close to the SV or perhaps even less.  Perhaps the ones sitting around on dealership floors are simply poorly specced and therefore not too desirable.

We could have a Murcie SV situation happening again where the car was initially "undesirable" and then after several years it becomes a sought-after item.

Interesting theory ...that would be  cool for sure..did the Murcie Sv appreciate? 

11 hours ago, E7ITE said:

yeah but how many Murci SV's are there in the world, Less than 200? and how many SVJ's will there be? 

Also all SVJ allocations are accounted for so they will not be reducing production numbers.

I think I need to drive an SV to compare it to the SVJ - have only driven the standard Aventador and the S. 

I actually forgot I was in my SVJ last night, it's that easy to drive when you want it to be - coming from a 640 roadster I actually really appreciate that it can work however you want it to. A v12 Lambo that *could* be a docile daily driver...  then a flip of a switch to be one of the most aggressive yet capable cars I have ever driven? It's the best of all worlds. The car has literally made me motion sick driving it in the canyons because of how hard it grips around corners. It's incredible. 

17 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I think I need to drive an SV to compare it to the SVJ - have only driven the standard Aventador and the S. 

I actually forgot I was in my SVJ last night, it's that easy to drive when you want it to be - coming from a 640 roadster I actually really appreciate that it can work however you want it to. A v12 Lambo that *could* be a docile daily driver...  then a flip of a switch to be one of the most aggressive yet capable cars I have ever driven? It's the best of all worlds. The car has literally made me motion sick driving it in the canyons because of how hard it grips around corners. It's incredible. 

I gotta be honest it killing me sitting here waiting for the allocation..can you share your review if it's worth the wait?

Compared to the S?

SVJ vs SV. The SVJ is the complete package. I absolutely love the car and have zero complaints. All the flare, the power, the presence of an Aventador, along with the handling characteristics of a tiny little Porsche. The car is a BEAST. It just sticks and sticks and sticks. The harder you push it in the turns, the more the car turns. It's an incredible sensation. I can only imagine if it was running R compound tires!

The SV is so good, but the J takes it to a completely different level. In some ways more refined, in other ways more raw. I do miss the crackles and pops from the SV exhaust. The exhaust tone of the SVJ is remarkably different, and does let out a whip/snap of a crackle at times during decel. This is the first car I havent rushed to change the exhaust, as I don't want to change the tone- but I do want to make it LOUDER.

1 hour ago, exoticalex said:

SVJ vs SV. The SVJ is the complete package. I absolutely love the car and have zero complaints. All the flare, the power, the presence of an Aventador, along with the handling characteristics of a tiny little Porsche. The car is a BEAST. It just sticks and sticks and sticks. The harder you push it in the turns, the more the car turns. It's an incredible sensation. I can only imagine if it was running R compound tires!

The SV is so good, but the J takes it to a completely different level. In some ways more refined, in other ways more raw. I do miss the crackles and pops from the SV exhaust. The exhaust tone of the SVJ is remarkably different, and does let out a whip/snap of a crackle at times during decel. This is the first car I havent rushed to change the exhaust, as I don't want to change the tone- but I do want to make it LOUDER.

Totally agree with the J comments - it honestly is the most complete supercar package I have ever experienced. I was planning to swap out the exhaust on mine as well but it sounds so good stock. I had the dealer plug the valve so it's always open - gave me that perfect little boost in volume down low, love it.

kingrichards - The best way to compare it to the S is basically adding the ability to make the car feel alive when you want to. Driving the S roadster is a blast but the car is so easy to drive it doesn't feel like I expected the V12 to - especially coming from a Murcielago. That same experience is possible in the SVJ (albeit with less sound deadening) but you can push the car SO much further. I know I haven't even gotten close to the limit with mine and it legitimately scares me. As Alex mentioned above, the sensation in the turns is unreal. You expect the car to want to kick the rear end out but it just turns harder, it feels like a rollercoaster. I think that's the reason I've gotten motion sick driving it in twisties - the side Gs are so intense on the corners. I've said it before but it's worth repeating - the SVJ is one of those cars you need to put some miles on to truly appreciate. It gets better every single time as you realize how capable it truly is. 

Lastly - my goodness, the looks of this car. It is the epitome of what we all dreamed of as kids. I smile every time I open my garage. 

4 hours ago, exoticalex said:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts...its so good reading it!

1 hour ago, Luxeous said:

Totally agree with the J comments - it honestly is the most complete supercar package I have ever experienced. I was planning to swap out the exhaust on mine as well but it sounds so good stock. I had the dealer plug the valve so it's always open - gave me that perfect little boost in volume down low, love it.

kingrichards - The best way to compare it to the S is basically adding the ability to make the car feel alive when you want to. Driving the S roadster is a blast but the car is so easy to drive it doesn't feel like I expected the V12 to - especially coming from a Murcielago. That same experience is possible in the SVJ (albeit with less sound deadening) but you can push the car SO much further. I know I haven't even gotten close to the limit with mine and it legitimately scares me. As Alex mentioned above, the sensation in the turns is unreal. You expect the car to want to kick the rear end out but it just turns harder, it feels like a rollercoaster. I think that's the reason I've gotten motion sick driving it in twisties - the side Gs are so intense on the corners. I've said it before but it's worth repeating - the SVJ is one of those cars you need to put some miles on to truly appreciate. It gets better every single time as you realize how capable it truly is. 

Lastly - my goodness, the looks of this car. It is the epitome of what we all dreamed of as kids. I smile every time I open my garage. 

Damn u know what? I was gonna jump ship to get the 720S Spider I just knew if I see SVJ Roadster driven by I'm gonna wish and drool for sure,,,,,now the real question is it worth it to get the 63 SVJ Roadster or the regular SVJ ROADSTER LOL

13 hours ago, kingrichards said:

Damn u know what? I was gonna jump ship to get the 720S Spider I just knew if I see SVJ Roadster driven by I'm gonna wish and drool for sure,,,,,now the real question is it worth it to get the 63 SVJ Roadster or the regular SVJ ROADSTER LOL

You couldn't pay me to trade the SVJ for a 720S LOL. The 720 is FAST, but the SVJ...well... its just a million times more fun. The looks, the sound, the excitement, the performance. Oh man, it's the only way to go.

I have a hard time justifying the extra $$$ for the 63 editions. Limited- yes. Worth the price of admission- I don't believe so. Too bad there wasn't something drastically different with the 63 compared to the "regular" (LOL) SVJ.

Every mile gets better and better. Just got back from a drive, and I am smiling from ear to ear. 

On 8/31/2019 at 3:30 PM, exoticalex said:

You couldn't pay me to trade the SVJ for a 720S LOL. The 720 is FAST, but the SVJ...well... its just a million times more fun. The looks, the sound, the excitement, the performance. Oh man, it's the only way to go.

I have a hard time justifying the extra $$$ for the 63 editions. Limited- yes. Worth the price of admission- I don't believe so. Too bad there wasn't something drastically different with the 63 compared to the "regular" (LOL) SVJ.

Every mile gets better and better. Just got back from a drive, and I am smiling from ear to ear. 

Dude you're making me REALLY envious right now haha like I said I just know in my heart even if I'm on a rocket ship and see a SVJ my heart is gonna pound ,,,,,I'm waiting for the Roadster allocation...so u gonna do the Roadster ?

Ps. Lambo forever man.

On 8/31/2019 at 3:30 PM, exoticalex said:

Btw u dont have any vids? 

On 8/31/2019 at 4:22 AM, kingrichards said:

The SVJ63 Roadster is already sold out.  It was old out as they announced in Monterey. And guess what ? 

I am one of the 25 getting one in the states :)

5 minutes ago, alpha6164 said:

The SVJ63 Roadster is already sold out.  It was old out as they announced in Monterey. And guess what ? 

I am one of the 25 getting one in the states :)

Why not the regular one?

8 minutes ago, kingrichards said:

Why not the regular one?

I dont think there is anything regular about the SVJ roadster but I just wanted the 63 version and believe it will def hold value better even though not my concern.  I was offered $100k over already for it and declined. 

2 minutes ago, alpha6164 said:

I dont think there is anything regular about the SVJ roadster but I just wanted the 63 version and believe it will def hold value better even though not my concern.  I was offered $100k over already for it and declined. 

Guess that makes both of us,,,i’m numbered 15

Just now, alpha6164 said:

Sweet :)

You planning to drive yours?

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, sl55 said:

I can't believe how far prices have tumbled for the SVJ in the EU, this was just listed today...

68801330_167087147778462_227853418236447

We’re all screwed 

25 minutes ago, topjay said:

So about list price if it’s got low spec, 

I think it's the matte white launch spec with the AdP seats dealers got which was a pretty loaded spec.

13 hours ago, sl55 said:

I think it's the matte white launch spec with the AdP seats dealers got which was a pretty loaded spec.

I don't know one way or the other, but here there is several white ones for sale with zero miles and zero spec that people have wrapped with matte film and had aftermarket stickers added and are basically trying to pretend are something they are not to the uninitiated. 

6 hours ago, topjay said:

I don't know one way or the other, but here there is several white ones for sale with zero miles and zero spec that people have wrapped with matte film and had aftermarket stickers added and are basically trying to pretend are something they are not to the uninitiated. 

It's the same spec as this car:

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg