For Monterey Car Week 2019 there was a lot of speculation, but prices overall seemed lower on average than expectation.

Here is a list of all the Lamborghini's that crossed the blocks at various auctions in Monterey this past week.

RM Sotheby's:

1. 1984 Lamborghini LP500 S Countach - Expected Price - $300.000-350,000 USD. Actual Sale Price: $313,000

2. 1969 Lamborghini Islero S - Expected Price - $275,000 - 325,000 USD. Actual Sale Price: $313,000

3. 1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary - Expected Price - $250,000 - $300,000 USD. Actual Sale Price: $288,250

4. 1966 Lamborghini 350 GT - Expected Price - $250,000 - $300,000 USD. Actual Sale Price: $252,000 USD*

Bohnom's (The Quail):

1. 1968 Lamborghini Islero 400 GT - Sold for $218,800 including premium

2. 2014 Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50th Anniversario Coupe - Sold for $307,500 including premium  

Russo & Steele:

1. 2017 Lamborghini Aventador SV Coupe - Expected Price - $425,000-525,000 USD. Actual Sale Price: Price Not Available

Mecum:

1. 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo - Did Not Sell 

2. 2017 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4 - Did Not Sell 

3. 2006 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster - Did Not Sell  

Ouch.... Seems like things cooled down quite a bit this year. I saw a couple articles already about disappointing auction results. 

Thanks for posting this!!

21 hours ago, Ohlgren said:

Ouch.... Seems like things cooled down quite a bit this year. I saw a couple articles already about disappointing auction results. 

Thanks for posting this!!

No problem. I always like to see how the Lamborghini market reacts with Monterey auctions and it's a good chance for others to get a feel for what prices are doing.

Looks like the some of the vintage cars have cooled a bit and the newer ones as well. 

Hagerty had a good little article on this year.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/08/20/things-we-learned-from-2019-monterey-auctions?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Daily_News_Thursday_August_22

They avoid details and are definitely not mentioning the horrible Type 64 incident with RM, whom has seemed to scrub their social channels of all the comments and criticisms of the whole ordeal. 

Cyclical like everything in the market.  Good thing is that downturns turn away speculators and horn blowers who try to drive prices and profits for personal gain.  Downturns gives back access to more enthusiasts.  

3 hours ago, qvpower said:

Cyclical like everything in the market.  Good thing is that downturns turn away speculators and horn blowers who try to drive prices and profits for personal gain.  Downturns gives back access to more enthusiasts.  

Bingo! I'm excited to see where some bottom out at for sure.

Oddly enough some cars are taking a train to the clouds. Cadillac's especially seem to be riding high (50's-early 70's). I'd love to pick up a 63-65, but the pickings are getting slim and others are taking note. 

Not sure where you saw some of these prices, but the Countach for example did not go for 185k.. It sold for $288k all in.  People all go running for the hills when these cars dont meet estimates set by auction houses. The issue is #1. Even though many of these cars look great in pics, in many instances they are far from it.  #2. Auction house estimates are meant to get buyers to cosign their cars. Why would a 1300 mile SV, do 435-525k, when they are forsale all day asking $399k with actual sales prices being lower than that. 

9 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Not sure where you saw some of these prices, but the Countach for example did not go for 185k.. It sold for $288k all in.  People all go running for the hills when these cars dont meet estimates set by auction houses. The issue is #1. Even though many of these cars look great in pics, in many instances they are far from it.  #2. Auction house estimates are meant to get buyers to cosign their cars. Why would a 1300 mile SV, do 435-525k, when they are forsale all day asking $399k with actual sales prices being lower than that. 

Yeah, the prices weren't up when I went to post this. So off of a faded memory. I'll see if RM posted yet so I can correct.

But that market has cooled regardless, sounds like it's time for you to pick up another one ;) 

9 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Alright, so i went back to the results page from RM Sotheby's and posted their prices, but man...something seems fishy. I watched a few and know I wasn't THAT far off with some of these. Granted, they shilled the Porsche Type 64 and fucked themselves royally. So not saying I wasn't wrong, but some of there were WAY far off from even ballpark of what I remember watching them cross the block on their live-feed. 

12 hours ago, Destructo said:

Alright, so i went back to the results page from RM Sotheby's and posted their prices, but man...something seems fishy. I watched a few and know I wasn't THAT far off with some of these. Granted, they shilled the Porsche Type 64 and fucked themselves royally. So not saying I wasn't wrong, but some of there were WAY far off from even ballpark of what I remember watching them cross the block on their live-feed. 

No, you were off to begin with as I watched the auction too. :) 

26 minutes ago, Allan-Herbie said:

No, you were off to begin with as I watched the auction too. :) 

:lol2: fair enough. Not much sleep anymore here. So I’ll take your word for it. 

17 hours ago, Destructo said:

:lol2: fair enough. Not much sleep anymore here. So I’ll take your word for it. 

haha! Get some sleep! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2019 at 5:51 AM, Destructo said:

Yeah, the prices weren't up when I went to post this. So off of a faded memory. I'll see if RM posted yet so I can correct.

But that market has cooled regardless, sounds like it's time for you to pick up another one ;) 

This explains why I got confused. I thought things had really come down and were way below expectations. Sounds like they  have just cooled and were roughly within expectations.

3 hours ago, Ohlgren said:

This explains why I got confused. I thought things had really come down and were way below expectations. Sounds like they  have just cooled and were roughly within expectations.

Yeah, i'm not sure what the hell happened on my price posts, sorry for any confusion! :lol2: